*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:25:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Utah Party Raided: Civil Rights Violated
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Utah Party Raided: Civil Rights Violated  (Read 6510 times)
Kangaroo

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2005, 01:56:19 am »

"17 year olds overdosing on ecstacy" are you kidding me?Huh??

Your trying to make this sound as though it was 12 year olds birthday party. Its far from it.
And from my dealings with these event promotors their about as honost and trustworthy as a corporate CEO.

But thats right most people go to "Raves" to dance and enjoy music.....plllllease
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2005, 02:05:24 am »

Response...

http://www.utahcountyonline.org/News/DeptNewsDetails.asp?ID=17759&WN_System=SHERIFF

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2005, 02:12:15 am »

Yeah, that's the article Kangaroo quoted on page 1 of this thread. Wink

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Kangaroo

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 02:19:16 am »

Thats right Civic this was a "dance" party   Wink
So your all saying that no illegal activities were happening or the use of force against illegal activities was the issue?
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2005, 02:38:54 am »

"17 year olds overdosing on ecstacy" are you kidding me?Huh??

Your trying to make this sound as though it was 12 year olds birthday party. Its far from it.
And from my dealings with these event promotors their about as honost and trustworthy as a corporate CEO.

But thats right most people go to "Raves" to dance and enjoy music.....plllllease

You obviously don't know shit about this music scene... You're one of the outsiders who listens to the media a little too much and just assumes we all do drugs at these parties.

I have a family member who organises dance partys in Australia for between 10000-25000 people at major stadiums in Sydney, Melbourne and others.
But then again i dont know anything.

a stadium event isn't a rave...The atmosphere makes the rave, not the music. you don't know anything about the rave scene or the rave culture is what I was saying... and you obviously don't.

by you saying this, I can tell you don't know shit.

Anywho... I'm getting myself too far into this and it's getting off topic. So I'll post the final words of the leading production company in my area.

DC Productions:

Whether they had the permit or not, would it not be a lot more simple to have the army wait outside for a few minutes, send one or two people in charge in to talk to the main stage, ask them to turn off the volume, and inform them that there is an entire militia waiting outside if they feel the need to keep the party going?

I throw events myself in another area of the country. Events very strikingly similar to this one, and we have to jump through all the same hoops that its sounds like Utah county makes others jump through. The permits are there for a reason, to keep people safe. Most of the requirements are for running water, toilets, food, medical stuff, etc etc... and the bond is to pay for whatever you don't provide, like clean up, ambulance runs, etc etc.

From doing similar things, not obtaining a permit would be... well... suicide. The police were at the board meeting when we obtained ours, so I find it hard to believe that they had the permits and the police didn't know. Somebody isn't telling the truth.

But, that only justifies them to shut the show down. It in no way should let them come in and put thousands of people in danger. If most of your arrests and problems are because of drugs, sending those people, a majority of which I'm assuming went back to Salt Lake, on a 1 hour drive... possibly on psychadelics and other drugs. Whoever called in the raid, thats about the most irresponsible thing you could have done here.

As for the video, its pretty self explanatory. The police force seemed to be watching way too many news at 10 stories about drugs and raves, and came prepared for battle... when again, all it would have taken was a "be smart. turn off your music. we're here, and we have guns." Let the promoters send people home.

In the end, instead of one party in a long line of others that have been busted peacefully and without anyone getting attacked by dogs, you have an entire nation of music lovers and event enthusiasts rallied behind one cause: Rave On.

And nobody wins. The promoter is done, I'm guessing. The kids that were beaten are left with the scars. The other attendees are probably very horrified. The police are left with an entire nation of people that have one more reason to not like them. The system looks like an entire joke. And... guess what... raves in that area just went underground to avoid action like this.

Congratulations.

I posted this somewhere else, and thought hey... that pretty much sums up my thinking. I'll use it as a response in the vibe. This is really... scary. It basically takes my worst fears in the back of my head and brings them to life. Take care of each other, and throw your support where you feel it necessary. I personally feel that the party could have been shut down legitimately, I'll never know... but the force, holy shit. Its pretty mind-blowing... so, I'll be writing letters.

Plur guys. 

combined the consecutive posts.    -cookie
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 09:09:46 pm by cookie » Logged

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Kangaroo

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2005, 02:44:53 am »

I have a family member who organises dance partys in Australia for between 10000-25000 people at major stadiums in Sydney, Melbourne and others.
But then again i dont know anything.

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2005, 02:46:55 am »

Thats right Civic this was a "dance" party   Wink
So your all saying that no illegal activities were happening or the use of force against illegal activities was the issue?

and that's another dumbass statement... illegal activities are occuring at my school every day, my friends do drugs in school, drink, smoke... whatever else they can. Marijuana is found in my school every day. Where's the raid? Try to tell me people don't do ecstasy, weed or any other drug at rock concerts... I know people who do ecstasy at rock concerts and don't even listen to electronic music.

If they felt the need to stop the dance (because that's is what it is no matter how blind you are) they could have asked and told them they have a full raid ready if they feel the need to keep partying and I'm sure the promoters would have stopped the dance right there. Whether people are on drugs or not they go to dance... it's something you would only know if you've been to one. People try to sell me ecstasy at the club (clubs are not raves) every week, why do the cops not give a shit? because the city makes money off the alcohol sold and the taxes paid by the club owner.

You think raves are the only place where people do drugs? you're saddly mistaken, I've just recently been quitting many drugs I've done in the past, the last 4 parties I've been to I've been drug free and I've had the time of my life. Don't ever say that raves are for drugs... My brother owns a production company here in Minneapolis 'P3/Pitch Patrol Productions'. He does everything in his power to make sure drugs stay out of his parties, but no matter what you do, you can't stop people from taking drugs before they enter. And that goes for anything.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 03:05:52 am by cO.krush » Logged

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2005, 05:51:03 am »

Are you the guys that suck on baby pacifiers, too?  Just wondering...I've seen kids doing that lately and I have no idea why.

Nobody answered my question.[/size]  Sad

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2005, 07:02:30 am »

Are you the guys that suck on baby pacifiers, too?  Just wondering...I've seen kids doing that lately and I have no idea why.

Nobody answered my question.[/size]  Sad

yes, some of us suck on pacifiers, some of us wear doctors masks, some of us wear very baggy pants as we dance, some of us have fake and very colorful hair strands... I personally just where a whole lot of beads and tend to where bright comfortable clothes.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 08:14:45 am by cO.krush » Logged

bronto
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2005, 07:14:34 am »

i cannot STAND ravers with all their fucking gear. the girls are cute though.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2005, 08:15:55 am »

i cannot STAND ravers with all their fucking gear. the girls are cute though.

If that's your reason for hating ravers then maybe you need a little PLUR in your life Wink

Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 08:17:19 am »

Go suck on a pacifier, Krush... lol lol lol

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 05:52:39 pm »

Now krush, why don't you explain why people wear the masks and suck on the pacifiers.

The reason people usually use pacifiers gs is that they are on speed or MDMA. This is do to the fact that the stimulant makes your body want to constantly move and one side result of this is that you grind your teeth.  Instead of fucking up your mouth and having quite some pain the next day, people found that pacifiers helps this out much like a teething 2 year old.

Now for the masks. Masks are used to apply inhalents in a more controlled form.  People on MDMA like to put Vapor rub like vicks or some type of over the counter inhalent on the inside of the masks.  It's supposed to enhance the effects and give a bit more wow to the fun. 

Most of this stuff has reason to it, and it's just not to look like a fool twirling glow sticks. 

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2005, 05:54:55 pm »

haha... you would beed more than a few SWAT to break an english rave.... have you ever seen 3000 pissed of chavs?... actually.. that would make fantastic TV
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2005, 07:49:32 pm »

Now krush, why don't you explain why people wear the masks and suck on the pacifiers.

The reason people usually use pacifiers gs is that they are on speed or MDMA. This is do to the fact that the stimulant makes your body want to constantly move and one side result of this is that you grind your teeth.  Instead of fucking up your mouth and having quite some pain the next day, people found that pacifiers helps this out much like a teething 2 year old.

Now for the masks. Masks are used to apply inhalents in a more controlled form.  People on MDMA like to put Vapor rub like vicks or some type of over the counter inhalent on the inside of the masks.  It's supposed to enhance the effects and give a bit more wow to the fun. 

Most of this stuff has reason to it, and it's just not to look like a fool twirling glow sticks. 

I know what all of it's for... I used to do it. But if you go to a rave probably 5% of people have a pacifier (mostly girls) and 2% a doctors mask... They're technically illegal now at any party and are confiscated at the door. Those are just the people outsiders see most often in pictures. The rave scene has changed a lot since the mid-90's and these "paraphernalia" are becoming more rare each year. I was at a rave last year 'Elemental 2' and a cop took all of my beads away claiming that it's "drug paraphernalia"... I wasn't even on any drugs. And in many cases the glowsticks and LED lights are being used by the sober ones, I personally give light shows when I'm sober... I also recieve light shows when I'm sober. A good light show looks amazing no matter what state of mind you're in.

The beads on the other hand are a sign of PLUR used by the ravers, you make your own and hand them out at parties to the people you meet, nothing to do with drigs.

And lastly... civic, quit being a dumbass Grin

Edit: And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these things aren't being done. I'm sure it differs from location to location... It's nearly impossible to stop at an outdoor party and especially at an outdoor party that runs for a number of days. But in indoor parties these days you won't see these things, unless it's a 100% underground party... which doesn't happen anymore. Everything illegal, drugs, drug enhancers and weapons are all confiscated at the door.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 08:04:41 pm by cO.krush » Logged

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2005, 08:00:35 pm »

Freak.

And lastly... civic, quit being a dumbass  Grin

I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny or not... but once again, quit being a dumbass.

bronto
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2005, 08:44:54 pm »

omfg look at this how to be a raver guide it's serious:
http://www.sykospark.net/raver/menu.html
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2005, 09:35:14 pm »

omfg look at this how to be a raver guide it's serious:
http://www.sykospark.net/raver/menu.html

it's serious... lol lol

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2005, 10:18:16 pm »

RAID A RAVE by DJ Nyx

I took the liberty of revamping this song from the politcal stand point to focus more on the events in utah this last weekend

To the Tune of... "If you're happy and you know it"

If you cannot find Osama, raid a rave
If hip hop is too "your momma", raid a rave
If the kandi kids are frisky
their binkies are looking shifty
Rock Concerts are too risky
Raid a rave

Even if their permits are legal, Raid a rave
All their dancing and music looks evil, raid a rave
So to hell with the inspections
Let's dress like SWAT and help with "protection"
Close your mind and take directions
Raid a rave

It's "preventing the nations downfall", raid a rave
all the ravers who are out of control, raid a rave
All their dancing is scaring me
They've got drugs that we can't see
and its all the proof I need
raid a rave

If you are trying to play detective, raid a rave
If your mood is quite dejected, raid a rave
and you confuse attacks with being friendly
if you think that hugs are deadly
and you dont like that "Techno" melody
raid a rave

if you have low self esteem, raid a rave
and you need someone to ream, raid a rave
If your morals are getting sleazy
attacking ravers seems fun and easy
And your madhood's getting queazy
raid a rave

grab your guns and follow orders, raid a rave
take the dogs, forget the warrents, bomb Iraq
ask whats going on? We'll knock you down
your cameras gone, your on the ground
no evidence will be found
raid a rave

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2005, 10:23:32 pm »

Krush could you provide us an Mp3 with you singing that song?

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads