*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:30:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Alienwhere?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alienwhere?  (Read 3430 times)
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2005, 05:35:00 am »

The PS3, watch the intro press conference. That thing takes the 360 to school. Bluetooth controllers (+more) motion via camera can be used to control onscreen objects, wifi controllable and playable with PSP, backwards compatibility all the way to the PS1, the NVIDIA RSX, 7 cores, tested at up to 4GHz per thingy, deals with major companies, Rockstar remains on PS, true internet browsing, dual output, so you can surf on a computer monitor as you play, or do dual display like function, or use a 2nd screen as a hud.

The benchmarks show it ahead in ever tasks, and a very impressive lead in most. The PS3 will get my xmas money. The Xbox 360 looks worse everytime you see it. But 3 cores vs 7 cores and 3.2GHz vs 4GHz puts the PS3 on top. Seriously, go to gamespot and download the press conference, that thing is a supercomputing console. (it picks up after the first 2 guys)

PS2 also now has a true online system that has all the features of the next get live. It's incredible to see these consoles, but PS3 will likely prevail in the mindshare, and game developer share.

If Halo 3 is a glorified Halo 2 (which is a glorified Halo 1) people will loose interest.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2005, 07:33:12 pm »

I would agree with you Vipes that macs are aimed toward thoes working in the Graphic Arts and Media Production professions but I will not agree with the fact that PCs are aimed toward Acne covered teenagers. The truth is, PCs are still the most used of any computer on the market. I have never said that macs suck at anything that has to do with graphics, and honestly id get one if i was in ur field. Also, i never said i wasnt gonna get xbox 360...because i am....

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2005, 08:47:53 pm »

Ok gents. there is no argument here. Rebel is known as a Mac user that is getting a PC for school. Mac's are better at graphic design software and PC's are better at running 3D programs such as games and 3D modeler's. Lets just leave it at that and congradulate rebs on his new cpu.

Admin owns

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2005, 12:08:16 am »

PCs aren't better at it, the GPU support on mac is currently in a drought. No more admin abuse.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2005, 12:17:53 am »

It isnt admin abuse, it is merely the truth. What he said is exactly the truth. Macs will never be good at anything gaming or 3d wise because their leader is a retard. Macs are stictly graphic design machines, if u want to play any kind of games, get a PC. Point made.

Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2005, 02:22:19 am »

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2005, 04:03:44 am »

2 PC switchers due to lack of money to buy a mac, now knock it. That really shows some valid points.  Roll Eyes

John Lennon
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2005, 09:14:48 am »

Myst, start making your own damn money instead of getting 8 christmases a year. Then, just maybe, you will realize how inefficient it is to have a mac on a student budget.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2005, 09:44:26 am »

Myst, start making your own damn money instead of getting 8 christmases a year. Then, just maybe, you will realize how inefficient it is to have a mac on a student budget.

I'm a student with a mac, paid for entirely out of my own pocket.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2005, 01:22:36 pm »

...mmm... toasty... I suppose this is classic behavior though. When you can no longer have it, you attack it out of jealously. I'm sure Freud would blame it on your sexual feelings towards your mother and father, however Freud's explanation may not be as to the point in this case.

John Lennon
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2005, 02:06:35 pm »

but you ARE spoiled brats. Roll Eyes

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2005, 02:31:47 pm »

I've got a mac on a student budget, my brother has two macs (old swivel imac and g4 ibook), its all about how you save, or spend your money. My brother had got summer jobs, and was therefore able to make enough to afford a mac.

Oh and having a pc as a student? My sisters boarding school forced her to buy a dell laptop. The motherboard failed, even after they got it fixed, the computer has a whole host of problems, and its not even a year old. I said she should have gotten a mac, but the school wouldnt allow it.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2005, 03:06:50 pm »

Its no use fighting the two spoiled butt buddies that are Myst and Typhy. Life partners are hard to break. Money was no concern for my decision on what to buy. I was just straight up tired of Mac and all the restrictions placed upon me. Enjoy your macs, good thing i wont have to come back here once i get my new comp. Maybe ill just come back to witness somemore stupidity from the butt buddies eh?

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2005, 03:11:24 pm »

What is it exactly that you can do on your PC that I can't do on my mac?  Cause I have a PC at work, brand new top of the line...which I HATE USING.  And then I have my G5 at home which is a dream.  I use the same programs on both computers.  Something is just smoother on the G5 though...no crashes, the computer doesn't fuck up all the time, etc.

So I don't understand.  Why buy a PC?  I pray to god you aren't doing it for a few more stupid fucking games.  That is just insane and says a lot about your intelligence.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2005, 03:31:53 pm »

Acually, its not just for more games. The college im going to is one that Microsoft recruits from for new employees. Therefore, they provide the college with Microsoft software such as Office, and sell them to the students for less then half the actually price. Basically, the college gets alot of software from microsoft for really cheap or free. That is why bringing a mac to a microsoft sponsored college would be pointless.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2005, 05:02:18 pm »

Acually, its not just for more games. The college im going to is one that Microsoft recruits from for new employees. Therefore, they provide the college with Microsoft software such as Office, and sell them to the students for less then half the actually price. Basically, the college gets alot of software from microsoft for really cheap or free. That is why bringing a mac to a microsoft sponsored college would be pointless.

Why?  Microsoft makes that same software for the mac.  I used to buy the cheap education versions of Microsoft's software when I was in college...FOR MY MAC.  If I remember correctly, I paid about $119 for the full version of Microsoft Office, when the retail version was $399.  So I still don't understand?  I think it's pointless to buy a PC...and I've been around long enough to know the difference.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2005, 06:27:19 pm »

Congradulations for turning this into a complete flamewar Myst. You have completley crossed my personal line from Moron to bafoon. Consider yourself warned for starting a flamwar and expect a suspension next time.

Kids... wallbashing

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads