*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:22:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Alienwhere?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alienwhere?  (Read 3441 times)
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 01:49:50 am »

what does how he did have anything to do with anything?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2005, 09:40:54 am »

Guys guys, come on, ease up on him. At least he's got something to keep all the paper from flying around during windy days.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 04:05:46 pm »

actually spike, it was an inside joke, but being that the users of this forum are lacking in the ability to think, i forgive you.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 04:39:01 pm »

Rebs dude, I check your games through bungie.  I hardly ever see any "1st" place spots in any of the games that you play in  Roll Eyes

And I was only like a kill or two behind you.  Have you ever heard of KSI rebelwhore? http://www.ksiglobal.com

Ya but anyways, I never took mine to any lecture classes and at Central Michigan (being a smaller school of around 30,000 students) no one else takes their laptops to lectures either.  The only time I ever take my PowerBook in are for a graphic design class here or there.

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2005, 05:22:31 pm »

being that the users of this forum are lacking in the ability to think

Most ironic post of the month

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2005, 06:43:54 pm »

Well vipes, if u were playing with the teams i do, in which im a 22 and my buds are 26, 26,26 and we are playing 27s, 28s, and 29s it would make sense to be in 3rd or 4th. That and in higher levels it is amazingly hard to have a power weapon. But hey, say what you like id 1v1 u any day.  Grin

oh yeah btw, looking at your stats, they are less impressive. And before you judge my gameplay in TS games go ahead and look into how many times i die when im in 3rd or 4th. Its not about what place ur in its if you go positive or negative.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 06:47:55 pm by KoS.Rebel » Logged

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 09:12:19 pm »

I think this thread is a smidgen of topic. The topic is how bad PCs are, and how they are witnessing the end of  computer gaming thanks to the 360, PS3, and of course that nintendo thingy.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2005, 10:09:36 pm »

I don't think thats true. I don't like console gaming because I like using a keyboard, rather than a controller. Consoles may be getting better, but I don't think they will ever supplant computers.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2005, 10:10:56 pm »

totally agree spike - i don't think we'll ever see people choose to play a  RTS or a FPS on a console rather than a mouse and keyboard!  - and in a head to head controller v keyboard/mouse ? no competition

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 11:26:08 pm »

Actually, all next gen consoles support keyboards and mice. It's up to game developers to build in support. Also, it may not be up to us where the future of gaming is. Most game developers are giving console releases priority, and eliminating support for basic PC game functions (keyboard/mouse). I don't like the trend as a whole, but I like seeing MS Windows loosing it's edge in a market.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2005, 01:22:30 pm »

Lies myst lies. Comp gaming will never fallout. Although there are many, including myself, that play halo on xbox, when comparing the percentages of gamers on consoles and gamers on comps there is no debate which has the greater amount. Although i love consoles for being equal, the inability to control in an FPS makes them lack some luster. As you have stated keyboard and mouse can always be made, but its whether or not the community of gamemakers wants to stain the console like that, because im sure many would stop playing console games and move back to their PC if xbox went keyboard and mouse.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2005, 01:29:26 pm »

Now XBOX is USB, and PSP offers bluetooth. I wonder where this is heading....

P.S. Rebel sounds like a mac user during the G3-G4 era where the G4 was so far behind the PCs and the G4 lovers blamed it all on the megahertz myth... just sounds like that sort of frantic.

John Lennon
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2005, 04:25:47 pm »

U talk as the usual mac user, one who wishes pc gaming would die because u are jealous that they can play all sorts of good games with millions of others. You will most likely make the comeback that pc "hax" are out there but if u play in the right servers and on the right ladders, cheating is nothing to worry about.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2005, 09:47:58 pm »

You ... "U" ... are starting to even sound like a PC user. I don't wish PC gaming would die, because that would mean mac gaming would be as crippled with lack of the good tittles. I was simply pointing out that computers are moving away from remaining close to the main gaming platform. Games are unlikely to remain a driving force for the industry of the personal computer.

John Lennon
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2005, 10:20:39 pm »

if u play in the right servers and on the right ladders, cheating is nothing to worry about.

and little pixy fairies flutter from computer to computer handing out little presents and giving foot massages to weary gamers as they sip on the nectar of the concubine tree.

... sure

KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2005, 11:12:32 pm »

Myst, good debate. Lets end it. Now on to BFG. you say "sure" as tho im lieing. Actually, its true. Leagues like CAL, OGL, NATO, CPL, and MLG offer non cheating ladders in which the game is played the way it was meant to be played. They all have files that must be installed to play so that cheating can be prevented. Whether you want to believe this is another story but when you suck it up and head into some PC servers to get ur ass handed to you is when you'll find out what im talking about. Sure there are always servers that dont run the anti cheat programs and they are the ones in which you speak of that have cheaters and hackers but most teams that take the game seriously prevent this from happening.

kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2005, 11:15:41 pm »

if u play in the right servers and on the right ladders, cheating is nothing to worry about.

and little pixy fairies flutter from computer to computer handing out little presents and giving foot massages to weary gamers as they sip on the nectar of the concubine tree.

... sure

Ahahaha.  Rebs, all of your posts are extremely incoherent.  It's nice to see you making an attempt to fix the problem but lose the arrogance on the forums.  It's not winning you any points.

The reason I'll be buying an Xbox 360 (or console) over any PC piece of crap is simplicity and price. Maybe I'm one of few that would rather use a controller over a mouse.  

As far as a Mac, they're not for gaming and probably never will be.  I use my mac strictly for Graphic Design work and haven't run a game on it for almost a year now.  Apple's high end products are geared towards the creative professional, not acne prone teenage gamers.  Agree, Disagree?

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2005, 12:43:27 am »

... sure

Ahahaha.  Rebs, all of your posts are extremely incoherent.  It's nice to see you making an attempt to fix the problem but lose the arrogance on the forums.  It's not winning you any points.

The reason I'll be buying an Xbox 360 (or console) over any PC piece of crap is simplicity and price. Maybe I'm one of few that would rather use a controller over a mouse.  

As far as a Mac, they're not for gaming and probably never will be.  I use my mac strictly for Graphic Design work and haven't run a game on it for almost a year now.  Apple's high end products are geared towards the creative professional, not acne prone teenage gamers.  Agree, Disagree?

I agree PC's are better gaming machines, FOR NOW, but I disagree, I think Apple is chaning its ways and there are rumors that Apple may start looking into gaming development, the gap seems to be shrinking (granted not alot, but...) besides there are games taht do run good on high end Macs and there has just been a new Mac coded game releaed recently.

And for FPS games, a mouse will always beat out a console.  That's not opinion, thats health science talking, more muscles activated = more accuracy in shooting, etc.

The King of Pistoleros
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2005, 02:32:19 am »

I'll be buying a XBOX 360, but a PS3 is my real target.... hmm I guess that places the 360 on the list for xmas, and the PS3 as the use of money gathered. Notice the PIPPIN like controller on the PS3, looks nice.

John Lennon
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2005, 04:15:03 am »

Xbox 360 looks better, comes out first, and is only marginally less spec-wise than the PS3. Xbox Live now being free out of the box will bring a lot of customers. The real question is how much will the supporting cell processors help the main one.

Revolution is gonna be a sleeper system. Backwards compatibility all the way back to NES. Looking forward to a 360 and a Revolution powering my home system within the next year.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads