*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:31:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Abortion Rights
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Abortion Rights  (Read 5937 times)
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2005, 03:14:19 am »

Dark, because you can really judge people by their religions of course. For the record I am religionless.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2005, 03:52:40 am »

Myst I never said you could judge them by that... but I am just asking what their religions are since like 33% of the world is christianity.  ( I dont think Im being ignorant with that statement)

ps HA! mysterio
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 04:32:33 am by DarK. » Logged

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2005, 04:00:16 am »

Half the world is not christian. Let's pull up some real numbers.

What does their religion have to do with anything. If you rely on your religion, or your parents, to set your morality, then you are ignorant.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2005, 04:51:22 am »

Let's try to keep this on-topic.

Because I love you, Spike.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 07:47:18 pm by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2005, 06:19:26 pm »

Where's the green type lone? It makes me all squishy inside when you act all moderator like...

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2005, 12:45:48 am »

if the government were going to adopt a pro life policy, i'd be fine with it.

So would I, actually.

Here's the problem - a real "pro-life" position isn't one that forces women to have babies against their wlll, which is what pro-life is today. Pro-lifers are properly termed pro-birth or anti-choice.

A real "pro-life" position would advocate free and excellent prenatal and postnatal care for all women. It would garuntee all children in our country free and excellent healthcare. It would strive for excellent schools, provided to children as a free service. It would desire protectionist environmental laws so that polluters are forced to change their ways, so that are kids can live healthier lives. It would fight to grant single mothers abandoned by their children's fathers and ostracized by their society the respect they deserve as mothers, and to have them treated as first-class citizens in this country.

None of which so-called "pro-life" advocates are interested in. They just want to force women to have babies. In my opinion the advocates of the "pro-life" position promoted within this forum are truly only interested in domination and controling women. Women get what's coming to them, right? Stupid cunts shoulda kept their legs closed like God intended, and, if I do fuck'em and stick my kid in thier gut, they better fucking have my God-damned kid, or else. And that's where their interest ends.

My problem with the so-called pro-life position of compulsory births is that it isn't pro-life at all, just pro-birth/anti-choice. And nothing good comes from forcing women to have children against their will.

We can do better than that.

No one wants to force women to have abortions, either. Liberals and common sense moderates want abortion to be a choice of last resort, but never-the-less a choice. This country has room for people who don't want to have abortions, as well as those that demand the right to choose.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that slavery is okay.
Which bible doesn't advocate slavery? I was under the impression it did.

Also, Ghost, you say this is a free country and believe what you want to, but you (and correct me if I'm wrong) would want abortion outlawed and criminalized, thus banning a woman's right to choice what happens within her own body. How do you square your "be as you are" rhetoric with your "do as I believe" position?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 01:06:34 am by "Sixhits" » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
bronto
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2005, 01:53:11 am »

freedom is such a broad term. no form of establishment will EVER offer you freedom. they will allow you to do things that they see fit, and that is what they call freedom. america is not freedom.

John Lennon - Imagine
check out those lyrics if you want to know what freedom would be like.
BTs-FahQ2

FahQ2

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2005, 03:32:46 pm »

I kind of like this arguement.  Usually when a right to life person gets in my face and goes postal I just asked them, "how many kids have you adopted". Basically this gives them about .5 seconds to shut up.  You see, these people want the whole world to be some panacea where all children are brought about under marriage and the parents are mature and ready to support offspring.  The sad reality is that these kids that do get to live are thrown into a society that still looks upon them as bastards and puts them in a situation that is proven to be disadvantaged. The facts are the dads usually don't stick around, the mother is thrown into government support or the child is abandoned.

One crazy statistic.  I am currently reading this book, "freakanomics", you can look it up on amazon.  This book was written by an economist who analyzes strange questions and finds the answers with actual data ( this is a quick summation to save time).  In short, he proved (and I haven't researched his data myself) that abortion that was legalized in by Roe Vs. Wade, actually lead to the decline in crime since the  mid 90's to what we even see today.

The reason being, these disadvantaged children who would of been forced into society never had a chance to live.  Being that these are the same kids who are statistically the majority of people who eventually lead a life of crime. Crime was actually on the rise since the 60's until this generation of children reached the age of the average criminal 16-32.  Since the pool of disadvantaged kids was reduced due to abortion, crime fell proportionatly.

Whether or not it is right or wrong it has many implications.  Sixhits is right in that if we let the staunch pro-life standard exist, society must then be ready to support the products of it.  if not we essentially create a monster, a large generation of alienated people. So pro-lifers, get ready for raised taxes, government programs and a reduction in your standard of living, and I don't think many of you would be comfortable with this no matter what god commands it. Besides, frugality and love thy neighbor is the basis of Christianity, time to pay up and lose the big TV.

"Beer is proof God loves us"

- Benjamin Franklin
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2005, 03:38:51 pm »

get ready for raised taxes, government programs and a reduction in your standard of living, and I don't think many of you would be comfortable with this no matter what god commands it. Besides, frugality and love thy neighbor is the basis of Christianity, time to pay up and lose the big TV.

... hehe i can just see the hard core Christian Republicans running screaming into the distance Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2005, 01:07:36 am »

As for the topic of Abortion i can only say that it is the right of the mother and father to choose if they want to have it or not. I mean sure you can have it and give it away, but once you see it and hold it most people cant give it away. Like BFG said when you abort it is not a human it is just a cell. Now if the women is raped then i see no problem at all with getting one because that is just wrong in so many ways.
This goes with the whole abstinence thing which i do not agree with at all. Amazing to because i do have  christian faith i just don't let it run my life.

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2005, 10:58:44 pm »

Amazing to because i do have  christian faith i just don't let it run my life.
amen!

I agree Maniac

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Rainbow
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2005, 05:08:13 pm »

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1116488430

come out from your closet!
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2005, 05:23:36 pm »

.....what the hell was that about? If you want to discuss abortion rights, do it here. If you want to make fun of GS go somewhere else. And to be honest, I don't think I consider that person gay at all(if thats what you are implying), harmless fun and ppl who aren't afraid of doing innocent, stupid, and somewhat funny things. I laughed my ass off looking at it. But it still has nothing to do with abortion.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
hey
huh
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2005, 07:20:50 pm »

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2005, 11:35:41 pm »

Hmm one sec im just going to look up a few IP's

On a topic note - you guys see in the news how an Korean and american team have just just taken a huge step forward in stem cell research!  clapping hands

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2005, 02:02:54 am »

Thank god some one's doing it.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2005, 09:32:54 pm »

Woah woah ok so we're moving topics here but given that Rebel is going to refuse to backup or discuss his views perhaps its time we move.

This is actually the first time ive looked into this thread, and thats what i see. Well BFG, i dont post in threads like these cause they go nowhere. No ones views will change, nothing will be changed here, just people yelling back and forth about what they think with no real direction. But, for once, i will post in a thread like this.

Abortion:
I believe that the only time a mother should be able to abort is if she will die from the baby, or if she was raped. I believe this because if a woman has sex with someone on her own free will and doesnt want to use any birth control, its her fault and she should have to live with it. Either that or give the baby up for adoption.

Gays in the army/workplace:
Straight up, no pun intended, no gays in the army. How can we feel safe with a bunch of fags running around with guns too busy looking at other guys asses to protect our country? As for gays in the workplace, I have no problem with them as long as they keep their sexuality to themselves. I cannot put up with flamboyant gays. The ones that just flaunt around, if you want to be gay, fine just wait to you get home to your life partner and be gay there, but dont let your sexuality effect the workplace.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2005, 10:38:59 pm »

Abortion:
I believe that the only time a mother should be able to abort is if she will die from the baby, or if she was raped. I believe this because if a woman has sex with someone on her own free will and doesnt want to use any birth control, its her fault and she should have to live with it. Either that or give the baby up for adoption.

Gays in the army/workplace:
Straight up, no pun intended, no gays in the army. How can we feel safe with a bunch of fags running around with guns too busy looking at other guys asses to protect our country? As for gays in the workplace, I have no problem with them as long as they keep their sexuality to themselves. I cannot put up with flamboyant gays. The ones that just flaunt around, if you want to be gay, fine just wait to you get home to your life partner and be gay there, but dont let your sexuality effect the workplace.

What bullshit.

i love how you layer in the hate and bigoty, both towards women and gays.

You're all set to demand unreasonable gobs of personal responsiblity from women who fuck, but what of the men who fuck them? What of yourself? Are you prepared to live by your own rules? If you fucking a girl and put a baby in her, are you going to raise that child? You honestly going to love it and care for it? You going to marry her, like a good Christian? Of course you're going to claim you will -- but we all know your type. Big talker when it's going to ruin someone else's life. Bet your wallet would come out fast for that abortion.

As for gay people in the military. Guess what homophobe, gays are EVERYWHERE in the military. They're sneaky like that, but only because uncivilized nuts like demand they hide who they are in order to serve the country they love. Many gays have fought and died for us. They're braver Americans than you or I, and your flithy slander of their patriotism disgusts me.

i don't rememeber -- did you support the war in Iraq? Why aren't you over there fighting, it if you did?

Basically, all you have to say is: "I hate women. I hate gays. I want to dictate to other American Citizens how to live their lives and what the rules of life will be. But, they cannot do the same to me."

Go sit on a pike, Rebel.

KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2005, 11:44:21 pm »

Since when do i hate women? Wtf is that bullshit? What im sayin is abortion is not the answer. Theres something called adoption. Tell me something. After reading this entire thread, every time GS mentions adoption, its never brought up in anyones comeback. Tell me sixhits, what is wrong with adoption?

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2005, 12:59:55 am »

Since when do i hate women? Wtf is that bullshit? What im sayin is abortion is not the answer. Theres something called adoption. Tell me something. After reading this entire thread, every time GS mentions adoption, its never brought up in anyones comeback. Tell me sixhits, what is wrong with adoption?

Nothing's wrong with adoption. But when people like you  and GS start adopting babies you can make an impassioned call for forced-birth. As it stands in reality, forced-birth anti-choice advocates like yourself refuse to adopt children, in direct contrast with your own so-called moral values. Proof? 500,000 kids in foster homes. They're not adopted. Where's the religious right on this, their own issue?

Nowhere. Because you don't care about babies - you care about controling women, because you hate them.

As i said before, people like you aren't pro-life, but anti-choice. You woulld take away a woman's right to choose what happens within her own body. You would force her to have a baby. Then, you abandon her. No garanteed healthcare for her kids and no proud support for her as a mother (just condemnation of her single mother status).

The liberal position is America's position: the right of every citizen of self determination.

And something's wrong with you when you say, "I believe this because if a woman has sex with someone on her own free will and doesnt want to use any birth control, its her fault and she should have to live with it." First off, it excuses men from having any responisbliy in regards to birth. Second, you lay blame for pregancy on the woman. That's incorrect and chauvinist. Third, the subtext of your comment is that birth is her fitting punishment, the filthy whore.

No rational person considers birth to be a fitting punishment, no rational person blames women for getting pregnant, no rational person excludes men from the equation. Such positions can only be born out of hatred for women. Besides, the very words you've used over the course of this conversation reveal your distain for women. Don't run from what you've said; be proud of your hate.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads