*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:26:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Abortion Rights
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Abortion Rights  (Read 5919 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2005, 08:49:53 pm »

Blood and guts, that law is not set in stone, and may one day be changed.  It is the same as murder, and should not be up to choice.

Exactly.  It's like saying we should legalize murder.  Hey, it's morally WRONG, but hell, it should be someone's CHOICE if they want to kill or not.  How absurd.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2005, 09:31:54 pm »

But murder in some cases is considered alright (not by me)... try to tell me the death penalty isn't murder. Or even a war with no purpose (though I don't blame the soldiers) I still consider it murder.

An arguement like that, DarK, goes right back to the arguement "which week was she in when the abortion took place."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 09:38:51 pm by cO.krush » Logged

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2005, 10:09:39 pm »

Krush, day one is considered murder if you ask me.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2005, 10:24:19 pm »

But no one did actually ask you. Let's all go cut a branch off a tree or kill a ant and call it murder. Murder most foul.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2005, 10:32:15 pm »

Krush, day one is considered murder if you ask me.

So the morning after pill is murder too?

Pushing the limits of acceptable human behaviour....
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2005, 10:37:24 pm »

Lose, that is like gas on a fire for these folk.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2005, 11:19:18 pm »

Lose, that is like gas on a fire for these folk.

Really? Well my bad, I just wanted to see what people define as abortion.  The morning after pill works principally by preventing the ovaries from releasing an egg, by affecting the womb lining so that a fertilised egg couldn’t ‘embed’ itself there and it can be taken up to 72 hours after intercourse. To me that isn't abortion and it certainly isn't murder; if you were to call the morning after pill murder you might as well call masturbation murder. But I really don't know much about the development of a fetus so I was wondering when the line is crossed from ontraception to abortion?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 11:21:46 pm by *NADS Lo$eMoney » Logged

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2005, 11:25:51 pm »

Contraception is anything that prevents a sperm from fertilizing an egg.  Therefore, anything that kills once the sperm has fertilized the egg would be abortion.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2005, 11:27:25 pm »

...and thus murder, GS?

John Lennon
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2005, 11:31:45 pm »

...and thus murder, GS?

Yeppers.  Smiley

That's just my opinion though, as a Christian.  You believe what you want to believe.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2005, 11:37:11 pm »

You just had to tag on your religion, didn't you. If your religion told you that it was wrong to live in a country besides... say.. Ethiopia, would you move?

John Lennon
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2005, 11:47:24 pm »

Of course, ironically, his religion said it was okay to take people from Ethiopia, bring them to the U.S, and hold them against their will. But thats another topic.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2005, 11:55:26 pm »

Of course, ironically, his religion said it was okay to take people from Ethiopia, bring them to the U.S, and hold them against their will. But thats another topic.

Actually, that is not true.  Nowhere in the Bible does it say that slavery is okay.  Just because some people misuse religion, does not mean that the Bible says to do those things.  But the Bible does say other things are wrong.  Like Murder.

*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2005, 11:55:56 pm »

...and thus murder, GS?

You believe what you want to believe.

No, I will not believe what I want to believe because what if what I want to believe is totally contrary to what is true? I have to constantly challenge my beliefs in order to justify (and therefore strengthen) my faith in those beliefs.

But back on topic... So given your definintion of contraception and abortion and my description of how the morning after pill works, would you consider the pill abortion?

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2005, 12:02:34 am »

If they were so worried about abortion then would encourage the reasearch of storing embyros removed from a person who doesn't want to be a mother, so they don't have to go through the potentially life ruining experience.

John Lennon
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2005, 12:16:41 am »

...and thus murder, GS?

You believe what you want to believe.

No, I will not believe what I want to believe because what if what I want to believe is totally contrary to what is true? I have to constantly challenge my beliefs in order to justify (and therefore strengthen) my faith in those beliefs.

I meant that in the sense of: "Hey, it's a free country...I can't force my beliefs on you."  Understand?

But back on topic... So given your definintion of contraception and abortion and my description of how the morning after pill works, would you consider the pill abortion?

Yes, I consider the morning-after pill abortion, because it kills a fertilized egg...which means at that point it ends life.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2005, 12:20:44 am »

You should add in my opinion, because many don't consider 2 cells a form of human life.

John Lennon
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2005, 12:24:23 am »

But the Bible does say other things are wrong.  Like Murder.

And yet you don't seem bothered by the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people murdered by the US?

What was it we were saying the other day about people just 'fitting' the bits of a religeon they wanted and ignoring the rest.

I meant that in the sense of: "Hey, it's a free country...I can't force my beliefs on you."  Understand?

But we can stop you from learning about the Theory of evolution, we can stop you from having an abortion, shit we can even stop you from living together if your not married so it seems in some states.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2005, 12:41:22 am »

BFG murdered BY the US or IN the US?  And how can you be stopped from learning the theory of evolution?  A parent has the right to not have or have their child taught that.  Most of the time people who complain dont want creationism taught.  And I dont think the state can stop anyone from living together (they can stop gay marriages at this time)  I want to know what BFG and Spikes Religions are as well, because I think GS is talking about Christianity in General.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2005, 01:43:07 am »

Well, we can stop you from having the same legal benefits of marriage as a "normal" couple might.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads