*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:24:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Abortion Rights
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Abortion Rights  (Read 5914 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: May 13, 2005, 02:59:45 pm »

Just out of curiosity...all you "wonderful human rights activists" in here...

Where do you stand on a baby's right to be born and not slaughtered in his/her mother's womb?

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 08:26:23 pm »

Where do you stand on a baby's right to be born and not slaughtered in his/her mother's womb?

Where do you stand on equal protection for our fellow gay and lesbian American's in our communities and our workplaces?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 02:45:29 am by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 09:34:52 pm »

Where do you stand on equal protection for our fellow gay and lesbian American's in our communities and our workplaces?

Actually, it's kind of funny, but I support equal rights for gays and lesbians, even though I believe it is morally wrong (I am a Christian, so sue me).  In fact, my best friend, a woman who is bi-sexual, works right next to me and I am the one that hired her here, knowing she was bi.  Doesn't bother me a bit.  Now, this might not make sense to a lot of you people who have never served in the military, but I am still against gays in the military.  But you would really have to see that situation from a military-person's point of view to understand that.

As for the abortion thing I brought up, I just think it's strange that so many of you people who believe everyone should be protected, don't believe in protecting a human life when it is a baby in a mother's womb.  That really just makes no sense to me whatsoever.  I'll really never understand that point of view...hell, you are the same people who will send someone to jail for killing a dog.  Now I'm not saying killing a dog is right...I just want to know why the fuck you can't see that killing an unborn baby is wrong too.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 09:44:34 pm »

Who says we would do that? thats another generalization.

I'm pro-choice because I don't see why a mother should be saddled with a baby that she doesn't want. The baby could possibly ruin her life, unless she is commited to having it. Why should you bring a child into the world that is at the immeadite disadvantage of being disliked and resented by the parents?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 09:56:24 pm »

Who says we would do that? thats another generalization.

I say it.  And I say it because I've seen the posts of so many of you on this forum over the past 2 years that I've been here.

I'm pro-choice because I don't see why a mother should be saddled with a baby that she doesn't want. The baby could possibly ruin her life, unless she is commited to having it. Why should you bring a child into the world that is at the immeadite disadvantage of being disliked and resented by the parents?

Ever hear of adoption?  The first girl I ever had sex with got pregnant when she was 16 (not by me).  She knew she couldn't support a child, but she did the right thing and had the baby and then put her up for adoption.  Now then, that child was born on April 19, 1991, so she just turned 14 years old.  That's a 14 year old little girl who is loved by someone who adopted her, instead of being slaughtered in her mother's womb and discarded in the bio-hazard waste of some abortion clinic.

KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 10:29:54 pm »

I'm only for abortion if the mother could somehow die from the pregnancy.

I don't agree with a woman becoming pregnant then running to mom and dad and having the baby killed.

I disagree with a woman's right to choose, and think it's flawed. Sorry. But it really is. It's just an excuse for a woman who doesn't want to take responsibility for an action she took.

I also dont think rape victims should be allowed to abort.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Marriage between two gay people doesn't bother me in the slightest. In the long run it isn't going to affect me so why the hell should I care.

Py, watch your mouth.  I dont believe I need to explain to you why.  If you feel like you've been wronged, I've copied a transcript of your original post and will save it, if you'd like to contest the editing with Mauti when he is next availible.  I do not advise that, since if you do I will do everything in my power to get you a 2nd warning.

Second, if you'd like to move the last part of your post about Gay rights to the appropriate thread, you're more than welcome to.  I couldnt split your post in half, and had to put it in either this thread or the other. -Lone
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 03:04:30 am by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 10:32:50 pm »

As for the abortion thing I brought up, I just think it's strange that so many of you people who believe everyone should be protected, don't believe in protecting a human life when it is a baby in a mother's womb.  That really just makes no sense to me whatsoever.  I'll really never understand that point of view...hell, you are the same people who will send someone to jail for killing a dog.  Now I'm not saying killing a dog is right...I just want to know why the fuck you can't see that killing an unborn baby is wrong too.

Woah woah ok so we're moving topics here but given that Rebel is going to refuse to backup or discuss his views perhaps its time we move.
GS i don't think anyone believes in killing babies. - the issue here where our views vary is the point at which people agree that duplicating cells become an embryo becomes a baby etc... oh shit hold on

ok this explains what im saying better

Ok take a look at it its actually really interesting. This is how things look at aprox week ten [img]http://www.visembryo.com/baby/stages/10stcelln.gif

Now some would say those are just reproducing cells etc, others say thats a human life etc... im not sure what the legal limit for abortion is over in the States ( i actually think it should be shorter after conception given new research)

People who are not against abortion do not belive in baby killing. They arn't against abortion because they feel at that time it is not a baby - and surely we must agree that from the point of conception your not dealing with a human straightaway - well if not im not going to ask Wink

That story of adoption sounds wonderfull, i wish every adoption was like that. Unfortunatly it isn't.

ps... PY It is allways of course the girls fault if she becomes pregnant is it? what world do you live in? as for those other comments regardingim assuming your either a kid, or you have a sick mind and you think its funny to post this shit in a serious conversation or a mixture of all of them. a girl gets pregnant so she is a bitch? Who the fuck do you think you are?

Learn some respect for other people and for life, and don't ever say something like that regarding rape victims because someone like me who lives just a little bit closer will beat the hell out of you, shit im going outside before i rip the fucking keyboard to pieces.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 10:44:16 pm by BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 10:38:35 pm »

ps... PY It is allways of course the girls fault if she becomes pregnant is it? what world do you live in? as for those other comments  im assuming your either a kid, or you have a sick mind and you think its funny to post this shit in a serious conversation or a mixture of all of them.

I didn't say it's always her fault. But she did have a hand in the creation of the child. She CAN say no.

And what comments are you talking about? Rape victims? Woman's right? What?

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 10:47:10 pm »

What do you mean 'what'?  Cant you fucking read your own comments?

Oh and I have no sympathy for rape victims.

A woman's right to choose is a load of horseshit. Sorry. But it really is. It's just an excuse for a bitch who doesn't want to take responsibility for an action she took.

Jesus i can't read this forum if there are pieces of shit that are going to say things like that.

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 10:50:50 pm »

Oh and I have no sympathy for rape victims.
hmmm, now that's one of the things that makes me angry.  My sister was a victim of rape and she had an abortion, partly because she has severe heart problems and partly because she could never stand looking at a child who reminds her of that horrible day.

I have lots of sympathy for rape victims, obviously you have no idea what they go through...

Now on the topic, I'm not for "baby killing" but I am for abortion if the woman has some problem that may cause death through the pregnancy, or if it's in the case of rape victims.  I don't believe a woman should have to give birth to child she never chose to have (and I'm not talking about getting "knocked up").
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 03:53:34 am by cO.krush » Logged

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 10:54:21 pm »

Py honestly somethings go to far, lets think before we type.  I agree with you krush.  Rape Victims should be able to have abortions, but Im not sure about those "accidentals" that happen in consentual sex, its just the consequnces of your actions, a "you reep what you sow" kind of thing.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 01:56:12 am »

I think malthus was spot on. Social darwinism all the way, let the poor starve!

...a little random I know, I was just extending the logic of what spets was saying.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 02:45:12 am by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 02:47:36 am »

Ok, moved everything dealing with abortion rights into this thread, from the gay rights thread.  If i missed anybody's post, just shoot me a PM and I'll move it in here ASAP. 

-Lone

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
bronto
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2005, 04:44:23 pm »

I was pro choice until i saw videos of abortions being performed. i still wouldn't say i'm pro life either though, the whole situation is a reflection of the shitiness of society.
rape, of course, has to be pro choice. illegitimate children i'm all for, i don't feel like wedlock is necessary, but then again 99 out of 100 illegitimate kids are going to have unfit parents.

if the government were going to adopt a pro life policy, i'd be fine with it. i think it'd make a lot of people excersize the self control they've been neglecting all along. they'd see their friends getting stuck with their whiney brats on friday night and suddenly realise it's not so fucking hard to go down to the gas station bathroom and pay 25 cents for a condom (i personally use the fancy expensive ones).

i do recommend everyone watch uncensored abortion videos...i don't cringe at much, but i almost had to change the channel when i was watching that.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2005, 04:52:43 pm »

Bronto im assuming your talking about a abortion that is done in the later stages of devleopment - ie say week 20 rather than week 2... 

This is my problem with this argument - the most inportant factor is overlooked. Where i do not agree in abortion where the feotus has developed and you really are talking about an unborn child, i don't feel the same way about a very very small ball of cells - which is what you start of with.

There is a difference between getting an abortion 3 weeks after realising (if you realise straight away) that your pregnant, and between deciding mid way that actually your going to have an abortion and kill the developing child.

Why people won't discuss this, and why it is allways a absolute "either or" situation i cannot understand.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2005, 05:35:49 pm »

Okay, let's take a look at something from my point of view for a second...as a parent.  My wife had two miscarriages before we had Amelia.  Both times were right at the end of the first trimester (right at 3 months pregnant).  We took both of those miscarriages very very hard.  It was heartbreaking.  We were picking out names, getting the nursery ready, and getting very excited about having a baby.  Now then, at the 3 month point, you can't even tell what that thing is growing inside of a woman.  We have the ultrasound photos from both miscarriages.  You can't tell it's a baby.  But you know what?  We knew it was a baby, and we wanted those babies very badly.  And it crushed us when we lost them.

You can't tell me that just because you can't tell it's a baby early on, that abortion is right.  That makes no sense to me.  As soon as the sperm fertalizes the egg, you have created LIFE.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 06:44:43 pm »

Yep, A agree w/ GhostSniper, it is one of those consequence things, if you didnt want the baby, dont have sex, or take more proper precautions (There are plenty of birth control ways out there much better than condoms).  You commit a crime, you are punished, you have sex, you make a baby, its the way things are.  Every Action has an equal and opposite REACTION.  Unless it is a rape victim, the way I see it, have the child and give him/her up for adoption.  Imagine what you would think if your parents told you that they thought about having an abortion.... I personally would be mortified.  Every one of those abortions is a murder of a child.  We cannot have this going on in America, or in the world.  Everyone was created equally, those babies were created, but were not equal, because they were murdered and had no charges pressed against them.

DarK.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2005, 08:13:49 pm »

I see it as a matter of legal rights of a woman, not the emotional/religious/metaphysical and so on.

Legally, a woman has the right to have an abortion, end of story.  Whether it is morally wrong or not is not the goverments job to decide.  If you are morally opposed to Abortion.... dont have one, no one is going to make you.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 08:19:39 pm »

What's wrong with them having the choice.

P.S. Is there a religious left or only a religious right?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 08:30:22 pm »

Blood and guts, that law is not set in stone, and may one day be changed.  It is the same as murder, and should not be up to choice.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads