*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:16:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  bronto's fast
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: bronto's fast  (Read 2969 times)
bronto
« on: May 14, 2005, 01:08:58 am »

yeah i can run fast too, but i'm talkin 'bout a dietary fast. i'm in good shape, but poor health. i have been suffering from a couple "diseases" for the past 14 years or so. they aren't life threatening or degenerative but it's a pain.

anyway, in hopes of allowing my body restore itself, i will be fasting for 2 weeks, or more if it is required. i've done a lot in preparation, starting tomorrow all i consume is a quart of organic orange juice everyday. thought you'd get a kick out of that, everyone else i told thinks i'm crazy.

wish me luck internet acquaintances
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 01:23:04 am »

It's not crazy at all. In fact, it's actually good to go a day every month or so without food and let your body cleanse itself. Also, if you feel like eating all healthy and such afterwards, check out the macrobiotic diet. It's a bit impossible for me to do right now since I'm in culinary school, but I tried it for a while, made me feel like a million bucks. Also, read "The PH Miracle" by Professor Robert Young. Very interesting stuff, if you're into that sorta thing, which I'm guessing you might be, since you're going on a fast and all. Sorta explains the science behind the macrobiotic thing. Anyways, good luck, babe. We need more love

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 02:51:14 am »

Or you can just get distracted and continuously forget to eat food like i do.  That really slims you down in a hurry.  Grin  And when you do eat, eat only corn flakes and the occasional triscuit or two, and swim til you feel like puking twice a week.  It works wonders, trust me!  Wink

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 03:16:50 am »

Haha. Fasting isn't necessarily about losing weight, though. As for me, I'm a pretty lanky bastard, no need to lose weight for me. Grin

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 03:26:41 am »

suffering from a couple "diseases" for the past 14 years or so.

Oh yeah, sorry for not telling you about those......

Pushing the limits of acceptable human behaviour....
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 02:24:54 pm »

yeah i can run fast too, but i'm talkin 'bout a dietary fast. i'm in good shape, but poor health. i have been suffering from a couple "diseases" for the past 14 years or so. they aren't life threatening or degenerative but it's a pain.

anyway, in hopes of allowing my body restore itself, i will be fasting for 2 weeks, or more if it is required. i've done a lot in preparation, starting tomorrow all i consume is a quart of organic orange juice everyday. thought you'd get a kick out of that, everyone else i told thinks i'm crazy.

wish me luck internet acquaintances

I'm not sure how much a "quart" is but.. . are you serious? You will eat nothing, only drink for one month? Won't that like.. kill you? I have a friend who made a bet that he could stay without eating for 24hours, he almost passed out after that.

Anyway, good luck.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 02:50:14 pm »

You can't manage a few days without water, but you can last without food for months - Buddest monks have been known to fast for immense periods. I guess if you have a lot of energy stored up you can last even longer as well.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 03:58:18 pm »

I have a friend who made a bet that he could stay without eating for 24hours, he almost passed out after that.
after 1 day? wow... I've fasted for a day many times before, it just makes you feel amazing the next day.   I don't think there's any reason to pass out after 24 hours of not eating.

Anywho, good luck Bronto, should be fun.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
bronto
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 04:31:34 pm »

I'll drink distilled water as well, but oranges should have enough water in them to keep me alive.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 06:46:16 pm »

JOka, he is in bad health if he almost passed out, because fasting for a day or two is very good for the body, it cleanses it of impurities.  Fasting is VERY good for you, but for a month? You have to be dedicated for that.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Overthrow.aHa!

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 10:17:29 pm »

good luck
my brothers into this sorta thing and he's fasted many times
but never for 2 weeks
you might want to cut it down to 3 days at first and then move up
BTs_hooks

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 01:32:34 am »

2 weeks will fly by, i had to for a 8 days i had to drop 2 wieght classes for wrestling, its a bitch but just go chill with ur friends it makes it go by faster.

hooks
bronto
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 01:37:51 am »

it's still day one for me now, i keep drifting in and out of feeling sick. i get up for a while, then i lay down again. i've heard that the first day or two are terrible, but afterwards you feel amazing.

if this all works out for me, i'm going to do a 40 day water fast afterwards. maybe i'm jumping ahead too far, but i do feel like i'm on the right path.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2005, 01:56:42 am »

bronto, I would advise not doing 40 right after a 3 day, wait a while , do a 2 week one, then do a 40 day one, just so ur system adjusts a lil, (Like Getting Acclimated)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
bronto
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2005, 02:02:30 am »

i've already had my body adjust for this 14 day one i'm doing right now. i did much preparation. first, i stepped down to a no dairy/gluten diet for 2 months, then to only fruit and vegetables, then to only 2 bananas a day, now this.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2005, 03:15:40 am »

I couldn't do it. I like snacking. I'm in good health and all, but I couldn't resist the odd bowl of doritos or such.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2005, 03:50:41 am »

good for you bronto

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2005, 05:13:11 pm »

Ladies, place your bets.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
bronto
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2005, 07:04:49 pm »

day 2: occasional hunger is satisfied shortly with orange juice and distilled water. pains in my back, could be some kind of parasite. sometimes when i stand up i have a head trip. other then that, i have a clear mind.

oh, i forgot to mentioned my incredibly heightened sense of smell. i am constantly thinking of guacamole recipes. what do you think of this: avacado, sour cream, salsa (i would just use peppers and tomato, but salsa is easier), garlic, tabasco, chilli powder, ginger, worcestershire sauce, lime juice. ginger and worcestershire sauce are pretty experimental huh.

i also forgot to mention i'm not shaving this entire time...just to complete the look.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 07:19:41 pm by *NADS bronto » Logged
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005, 08:41:47 pm »

Guess we'll need a pic of your skinny hairy self when your done, Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads