*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:24:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Microsoft Supports Gay Rights Legislation
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Microsoft Supports Gay Rights Legislation  (Read 4027 times)
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« on: May 09, 2005, 12:49:56 pm »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7762073/

SEATTLE - In a turnaround Friday, Microsoft Corp. chief executive Steve Ballmer said the company will support gay rights legislation.

Ballmer made the announcement in an e-mail to employees two weeks after gay rights activists accused the company of withdrawing its support for an anti-discrimination bill in its home state after an evangelical pastor threatened to launch a national boycott. The bill died by a single vote in the state Senate in late April. (MSNBC is a Microsoft-NBC joint venture.)

“After looking at the question from all sides, I’ve concluded that diversity in the workplace is such an important issue for our business that it should be included in our legislative agenda,” Ballmer wrote.

The bill that failed in the state Legislature would have banned discrimination against gays in housing, employment and insurance. Microsoft had supported the measure in the past, but more recently took a neutral stance on the bill.

Critics of Microsoft called it a corporate coward, and a prominent gay rights group asked the company to return a civil rights award it had bestowed on Microsoft four years ago.

Late last month, Ballmer said the company had decided to take a neutral stance on the bill and focus instead on a shorter list of legislative priorities that had a more direct impact on the company’s software business.

He said that decision was made well before executives met with the Rev. Ken Hutcherson, pastor of a Redmond church who has organized anti-gay-marriage rallies.
© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© 2005 MSNBC.com

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7762073/

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 09:36:56 am »

Well, one right out of endless wrongs don't make a good company...

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 10:13:53 pm »

Gay rights is not right nor will it ever be.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 10:36:22 pm »

Gay rights is not right nor will it ever be.

Rebel's right, and the freeing of the slaves is the low point in our nations history, along with women's right to vote.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 11:00:35 pm »

lol typhy, im guessing that Rebel was being ironic though?... no Huh

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
bronto
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 11:30:41 pm »

i dunno, rebel has proven his lack of grey matter in the past.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 12:58:31 am »

You mean when he said its impossible to hack xbox live?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 01:32:52 am »

Maybe not impossible, but the developers have much more control over cheating than any PC or Mac game.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 01:44:05 am »

Indeed, but the worst of them are the ones who devote their sad lives to this pursuit of ruining games. The point is he said it was impossible  Grin

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 01:45:48 am »

There's more to the story than M$ backing gay rights. For the past fifteen years they've been one of the most progressive companies in regards to civil rights for gays. Every year they have come out,heh, in support of gay rights legislation in Washington state.  This year, after being attacked by a solitary fundamentalist wingnut, one of their big shot lawyers drafted a new policy for M$ -- no policy on social issues. Which effectivedly killed the civil rights legistation in Washington - the bill lost by one vote. Then, a bunch of activists jumped on M$s back, right has they started to promo the new bullshit os of theirs, and instead of the media coverin the OS, they covererd the ass-fucking they gave the gays. And lo! Their policy has gone back to progressive.

That's a win for the good guys. One of the last places in our society that proudly supports gay rights is corporate America. M$ jumping ship because of one wing nut might have back-slid us all at the workplace, since a lack of protection for some Americans means there is no really protection for any of us.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 01:54:11 am »

To answer the question of if im joking, im not. I dont believe gay people serve a purpose on the planet. The purpose of the human is to live, do something to benefit mankind, reproduce, and die. Then the cycle continues. Gay people cannot reproduce, therefore they are a waste of human. If you feel differently then so be it, but my views will never change.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 02:31:43 am »

And that's one thing I can finally agree with Microsoft on... afterall, this is the "land of the free"

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 02:40:25 am »

To answer the question of if im joking, im not. I dont believe gay people serve a purpose on the planet. The purpose of the human is to live, do something to benefit mankind, reproduce, and die. Then the cycle continues. Gay people cannot reproduce, therefore they are a waste of human. If you feel differently then so be it, but my views will never change.
rebel knows the meaning of life therefore he can't be wrong  Roll Eyes

Pushing the limits of acceptable human behaviour....
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 02:44:39 am »

And you show, once again, that your mind is as simple as that of a worm.

You would've made a kick ass Nazi, deeming people unworthy of life.

So, Adolf, you think that people are unworthy of life, and serve no purpose if they can't reproduce? That's such a shallow attitude, that it's hard to know how to respond to it, other than to say, strap your swastica on your arm, and join the American Nazi Party.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 02:59:47 am »

you must feel the same way about people who are sterile? or just choose not to reproduce, right? no?

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 03:15:42 am »

NO rebel beleives that people whψ are sterile are reincarnations of evil people like hitler and Elton John (when he Dies)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 08:31:26 am »

My god, there are ppl that still have medieval values. Guess BFG and I have to visit him and do the "looove doctor" on him.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2005, 11:44:19 am »

OK so if we get into all this we're probably going to go way of the Microsoft end of the topic, and its probably going to degenerate into something nasty. But i just can't leave this one alone.

First i don't want to presume so are you religious, christian?
You list a cycle, to live, do something to benefit mankind, reproduce, die.

My question is very simple. If you regard a gay man/woman to be a 'waste of a human' you surely value the reproduction of people over what a person does to benefit makind. So could we perhaps assume for one moment that Ghandi was gay, that Martin Luther King was gay, that Charles darwin was gay.  Now, If these three men were theoretically gay which is more inportant, the fact they love and care for other men, or their unique and immense lives that have changed the world?

The reason im going into this is although your welcome to your own opinion, my opinion is that it is a uneducated, bigoted, and well obviously homophobic.
Gay people cannot reproduce
So what if your gay do you think that a guy suddenly becomes infertile? Are you perhaps totally unaware of the role of surrogate mothers?

Its not a matter of not being able to reproduce, its a matter of choosing not to reproduce with the opposite sex. So do you feel that heterosexual couples who choose not to have children are a waste of human life? Is a Catholic priest a waste of human life because he follows a life of chastity? Why is the mass reproduction of our race more important than anything else?

I have several friends who are openly gay. I don't believe they are worthless human beings.... And im not even going to go down the nazi topic here, i expect you get the jist of who what you sound like.

Its not a personal attack at you, i guess its your parents or school or community or society that i blame... ok and you a bit.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2005, 08:13:20 pm »

So, basically, our infallible God put gay people on this earth simply to be humiliated and treated like shit? Right.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 08:49:23 pm »

I could make the argument that (SET X) 10 conscientious, intelligent, gay doctors, teachers, scientists, engineers, and geneticists, has done more to advance humanity, and therefore serve GOD, than (SET Y) 3000 angry, GED-educated, right-winger, war-mongering, gay-bashin, Pat Robertson-lovin, N-hatin, beer-swillin Nascar fans.

It is indisputable that set X is not a subset of Y, so which has more right to exist??

TAKE THAT!!
 Gimme more

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads