*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:27:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Airsoft
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Airsoft  (Read 1508 times)
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« on: May 01, 2005, 10:09:53 pm »

Anyone else play airsoft?
I just recently got myself a G3/SG1...  it kicks ass Smiley
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 10:13:25 pm »

Yeah, Typhy does.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 01:33:31 am »

I have before...but i dont do it often.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Overthrow.aHa!

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 02:38:27 am »

bah
paintball is where its at
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 03:06:08 am »

I'm using a Tokyo Marui M4A1 most of the time right now, 375 FPS upgrade, Steel Bushings & Systema High Torque Gears. 6.03mm Tightbore barrel. 9.6v 1700Mah battery.

I've also got a TM MP5J, M100 spring, tightbore barrel, chronos right around 340 FPS, custom 9.6v 1100Mah battery. That's my CQC gun now'a'days.

Also a TM P90, Mil Steyr Aug and an ICS/AE MP5A4.

The G3/SG1 is simply too big, the only way I could see using one of those is upgrading your internals to around 450 FPS and using it as a sniper.

I'm doing both Paintball and Airsoft these days. Paintball about twice a month, and airsoft once a week or so.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 04:54:17 am »

450 FPS

OMG nice framerates!!!

Roll Eyes

----------

On a more... well... on topic note...

I have an AR-15 that I use to hunt wasps.

It's actually a lot of fun... and what an adrenaline rush when you miss! Wink
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 04:55:52 am by -MP5-SNiPE-a2- » Logged

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 02:41:28 pm »

lol snipe, i bet you learn to hit them pretty quick... i got some ointment for those stings somewhere if you want Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
bronto
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 07:21:55 pm »

wifey is a crazy one
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 10:15:56 pm »

lol snipe, i bet you learn to hit them pretty quick...

I actually sent Typhy a photo of one I shot. Here it is:

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 07:07:00 pm »

I'm using a Tokyo Marui M4A1 most of the time right now, 375 FPS upgrade, Steel Bushings & Systema High Torque Gears. 6.03mm Tightbore barrel. 9.6v 1700Mah battery.

I've also got a TM MP5J, M100 spring, tightbore barrel, chronos right around 340 FPS, custom 9.6v 1100Mah battery. That's my CQC gun now'a'days.

Also a TM P90, Mil Steyr Aug and an ICS/AE MP5A4.

The G3/SG1 is simply too big, the only way I could see using one of those is upgrading your internals to around 450 FPS and using it as a sniper.

I'm doing both Paintball and Airsoft these days. Paintball about twice a month, and airsoft once a week or so.
Mine is only stock... the 'rents didn't feel like spending any more then needed Sad although I may try and get some upgrade parts in the future.
It is kind of unweildy due to its size, but i still love it.  Although the range isn't as long as it could be upgraded to, it still makes a good sniper even at stock level, and as except for very close ranges, its a good all round weapon.  I do wish I hadn't gotten it though and waited for the M14 to come out.  I love M14's... even if it is almost 200$ more Sad
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 08:26:15 pm »

The G&G M14 is really nice, but it has some issues too, like no std. mags, just high caps.

The problem with stock guns that size is that their performance is almost the exact same as that of a stock MP5. The velocity isn't high enough to take advantage of the longer barrel.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 01:27:21 am »

ya, but the reason I got it (besides G3's just being cool) is that from what I've heard, its a great gun if you have plans of having a starting place to slowly upgrade from, which is what I hope to do eventually.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 02:03:45 am »

So is anything with a barrel past 350mm.

You have to decide what kinda role you want to play. Here, 375 FPS is standard on all assault rilfes ( Systema Steel Bushings, PDI 130% spring, and a 9.6v battery ). If you want to use it as a sniper, you might want to go up to 450 FPS, but that involves high torque gears, bushings, piston, piston head, cylinder, cylinder head, etc.

I guess my biggest problem with the SG1 is that a gun like the Steyr Aug actually has a longer barrel, yet is far shorter and easier to manuver with.

With something the size of the SG-1, you're pretty much locked into sniping. You try and go into close quarters, you're going to get lit up by an MP5, midrange an M4 will blow you away, and even long range you don't have much of a prayer against PSG-1s or bolt action snipers.

I just have trouble seeing what you can do with an SG-1 that you can't do with a smaller weapon.

If I were you, I'd kick in about 75 bucks ASAP. Go up to 375 FPS, and pick up a 9.6v battery so your ROF doesn't go to hell with the power upgrade. From there, I'd go with a tightbore barrel, either 6.03 or 6.04mm, anytime you want to pick up 10-15 FPS without effecting your ROF or gearbox, pick up a Systema Air Nozzle, about a 5 dollar upgrade that'll improve your performance a bit.

bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 03:17:20 am »

I've been looking at the upgrade package on airsoftatlanta.com  Pretty affordable (<100$), and it at least claims to up speed to 400Fps.  Probably not going to upgrade yet though, as some of my friends still have springer shotguns, and I would just feel evil shooting them  Sniper
bronto
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 03:23:12 am »

i don't know anyone who plays airsoft, but i'm about to get one of these...
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 04:15:29 am »

Tell me where u live... so I can kill you and take it  Grin
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 07:56:19 am »

Juneau, Alaska. I play at several locations, out around 34 mile in the woods, at the Warehouse out Thane, woods at 8m thane, and a rock courie at about 4m N. Douglas.

I've been looking at the upgrade package on airsoftatlanta.com  Pretty affordable (<100$), and it at least claims to up speed to 400Fps.  Probably not going to upgrade yet though, as some of my friends still have springer shotguns, and I would just feel evil shooting them  Sniper

So you could pay AA 100 bucks to do it, or you could do it yourself for about 25. I can walk you through your gearbox workings if you want to do it on your own.

AEG vs Springers isn't really even fair, I've got a spring AR15 that I use when I play against people with springers, the AEG simply has too much firepower.

Yeah, yeah, thanks Lone.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 09:50:46 am by Typhy » Logged

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 05:38:52 pm »

Juneau, Alaska. I play at several locations, out around 34 mile in the woods, at the Warehouse out Thane, woods at 8m thane, and a rock courie at about 4m N. Douglas.

I think you mean quarry typhy, anyway Ive got one of those shatty 20 dollar Mp5's lol its quite shatty so I stick to paintball.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 12:22:37 am »

So you could pay AA 100 bucks to do it, or you could do it yourself for about 25. I can walk you through your gearbox workings if you want to do it on your own.

AEG vs Springers isn't really even fair, I've got a spring AR15 that I use when I play against people with springers, the AEG simply has too much firepower.

Yeah, yeah, thanks Lone.

I'm probably going to (try to) do it myself, as it would mean shipping it there.  Although there is a store a few towns over, and they might be able to do it for me cheaper...
Playing with Springers actually isn't as unbalanced as it would seem, mainly since I only have stock at the moment.  But like I said, I would feel evil if I upgraded at this point...
I do have a messed up Shotgun though, but I ussualy lend it to friends.  Its actually pretty good though, since I extended the barrel and put a better spring in it (It had snapped in half, so I had to take it apart and piece it together again).
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 12:48:53 am »

Yeah, it's incredibly uneven. You can shoot a lot farther with the AEG, and about 30 times as fast. It's also a lot more accurate.

As long as you understand how your AEG works ( battery, motor, gears, piston/spring, cylinder, air nozzle, anti reversal latch ), and you're very patient, you can always do it yourself. Just remember, the less "extra parts" you have at the end, the better. Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads