*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:17:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Japan And China.... On the Road to war???
Poll
Question: Will China and Japan go to war with eachother?  (Voting closed: May 03, 2005, 11:00:47 pm)
Yes, I think they will - 4 (21.1%)
They Might - 2 (10.5%)
Dont Know - 3 (15.8%)
Probably not - 6 (31.6%)
No, this couldnt happen - 4 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Japan And China.... On the Road to war???  (Read 2023 times)
80_Proof

The Sting In Drink

« on: April 18, 2005, 10:40:09 pm »

As many of you may have read or seen in the news, peacefull protests began forming in China against Japanese plea for perminant membership in the UN security council. China was one of thew most devasted countries by the Sphere of influence Empire World War II Japanese Campaign which occupied China  from 1933 to 1945. China has been having these protests for weeks now. Then Japan began giving the go-ahead for major oil industries to begin drilling for oil in the eastern China sea, many of the oil spots are in chinese waters. Then Japan Demanded an apology from China for all of the economic distress and social humiliation the chinese citzens created. China Refuses to apologize. Japan announces it will cut off all Chinese/Japanese trade, which could slightly puncture the flourishing chinese economy. I think all of this distress may lead to war, things have occurred like this before in history and lead to large brutal wars.

here are some links of my sources
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/04/16/china.japan/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/04/13/china.japan/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/04/17/china.japan.ap/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/04/15/china.japan/index.html

Merged the two identical threads together.  80, I removed your second (and identical) post.  -Lone
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 02:40:28 am by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

80 Proof
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 11:05:10 pm »

All CNN...

that's not a source...

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 11:05:14 pm »

I think it will happen. What would the US do? I doubt anything.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 11:05:45 pm »

Why did you post a nearly identical thread?

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
80_Proof

The Sting In Drink

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 11:07:17 pm »

Yeah knew this would lead to allot of bitching......... wallbashing

CNN is still allot better than Fox... hehe or you could just go to China and see the thousands protesting

If CNN isnt a source, id like to see your definition of one..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 11:12:23 pm by 80_Proof » Logged

80 Proof
bronto
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 11:44:24 pm »

lol i thought i just read this..
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 11:55:15 pm »

déja vu. Tongue

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 12:05:50 am »

Nope Snipe..it's a source...
Just checked Miriam Webster..

Main Entry: 1source
Pronunciation: 'sOrs, 'sors
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English sours, from Middle French sors, sourse, from Old French, from past participle of sourdre to rise, spring forth, from Latin surgere -- more at SURGE
1 a : a generative force : CAUSE b (1) : a point of origin or procurement : BEGINNING (2) : one that initiates : AUTHOR; also : PROTOTYPE, MODEL (3) : one that supplies information
2 a : the point of origin of a stream of water : FOUNTAINHEAD b archaic : SPRING, FOUNT
3 : A FIRSTHAND DOCUMENT OR REFERENCE SOURCE.

Refer to #3, please...see?? it qualifies.

Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry: snipe
Pronunciation: 'snIp
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural snipes
Etymology: Middle English, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse snIpa snipe; akin to Old High German snepfa snipe
1 or plural snipe : any of various usually slender-billed birds of the same family as the sandpipers; especially : any of several game birds (especially genus Gallinago) especially of marshy areas
2 : a contemptible person

See #2 please...
OMGomg...PWN mb?

I didn't say it..Merrriam did..take it up with her. You picked the name.  Smiley

And yes, while tensions are escalating, I'm doubting it wil lead to war....yet.
I can't see Japan really wanting to get into it with China right now considering their (all of our) economies being on the verge as they are. They need Chinas money more than China needs her resources.

And if the Japanese cut off all their trade over the refusal... they will find themselves on the short end of the moral superiority argument (akin to Germany demanding an apology from the Jews over the Holocaust) Cutting trade would be a tactical blunder of the highest order. 

**side note to my european acquaintances..im merely showing an allegorical equivalent here...a similarly weighted historical comparison, NOT a political one...** We need more love

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 12:31:08 am »

No - take a look at the economic reliance the two countries have on each other.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 01:08:22 am »

War between Japan and China is not uncommon though, just pick up a history book.

KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 02:45:11 am »

So if they did, and Japan invaded China, would they call it the "Asian Invasion"?

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 03:31:41 am »

I hope there's not a war, the US would probably have to get involved, and most probably side with Japan.  Another factor for the tension, is that Japan said it would aid Taiwan against Chineese agression, a stance the USA also takes. I don't think war is going to be the resolution of this conflict because a war would be terrible for both countries economies, and the global economy itself. It all seems rather petty to me, but i gave up trying to applying logic to killing years ago.

Pushing the limits of acceptable human behaviour....
Po~ReverendMoss

Teabaggin' griefers since the Dawn of the Milennia

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 08:45:51 am »

The US siding with Japan? I can see how the ties there are strong, but the economics of losing Chinese business tie the US strongly there, in dollars which is the way most Americans think.

The Chinese provide most of the manufacture and trade, whereas Japan owns America. I wonder where the chips would indeed fall.

:End Transmission:
BTs-FahQ2

FahQ2

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 02:22:23 pm »

Well, I work at a Taiwanese company where 90% here are either chinese citizens or newly american citizens.  In actuality, nobody here cares and scoffs at the whole thing.  They all know and hate the Japanese for the war crimes of WWII, but they say this is mainly media hype.  If war was on the brink I would be sitting in a empty office with a bunch of people flying home to take care of their families.  Not one person here is slightly concerned with even japan severing it's ties to china.

In all it's part of the asian culture and not losing "face".  A term used to keep ones dignity no matter the situation.  So no matter who is wrong, right, win or lose, I don't see much coming out of this except a few pissed off people and two governments making money.

"Beer is proof God loves us"

- Benjamin Franklin
bronto
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 04:21:00 pm »

yeah, i would sooner bet that china goes to war with taiwan then japan.
Deng
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 06:48:43 pm »

Why that, then the USA would get involved and possible war between the 2 most powerfull nations in the world. Both, which have excess nuclear weapons, in possible range of eachother.
BTs-FahQ2

FahQ2

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 07:08:33 pm »

Well Deng,

It's called money.  Taiwan is one of the biggest business partners outside of Japan with the US.  Taiwan is mainly the business hub of china, china is the labor arm of the deal.  Taiwan has all the banks, offices and control centers along with a nice port for shipping.  Most offices on mainland china are sub offices only to control labor and manufacturing and to make sure quality control is there.  Things are then boxed up and directly shipped to the US or reorganized and shipped from Taiwan.

The US does not want to see china take Taiwan since they are non friendly and seen as hostile.  Can you see how this would fuck up the process and most likely cost us more in the end.  The US is here in economic interests and nothing more.  Why don't you think nobody cares when two countries in africa go to war, theres nothing fucking there to lose.  So you only see governments intervene in squabbles that directly hurt their interests.  Plain and simple.

"Beer is proof God loves us"

- Benjamin Franklin
bronto
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 07:15:30 pm »

they already said they would defend japan, they can't back out now  Smiley. but really, let's get real, it's not going to happen this is just rediculous (referring to japan/china). taiwan/china, that could happen.
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 09:16:52 pm »

Wouldn't we HAVE to help Japan, since like...they have no large standing army? As far as I'm aware, anyways.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
80_Proof

The Sting In Drink

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2005, 01:17:53 am »

nope thats UN's job, but allot of our forces in the un would go...

We are too tied up in the middle east kapping Sunni's and Shiite's(no offense to musilims but thats whos dying)

80 Proof
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads