*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:17:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  The Minnesota School Shooting
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Minnesota School Shooting  (Read 2039 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: March 22, 2005, 04:16:46 am »

10 dead. Awful. Simply awful.

If you have that much hatred for the world, then kill yourself. I promise I won't give a fuck, but there's no reason to take so many innocent lives with you.

Sad

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 04:21:10 am »

Are there anymore details at this point?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 04:25:27 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050322/ap_on_re_us/school_shooting

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 05:20:49 am »

Since I go to Columbine, I bet they will do some type of messaging to the families about this Tuesday after Spring Break.

Blitz Sad

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 05:22:00 am »

Many strange people in the world....he was obviously a troubled kid being that he shot his grandparents first and u hav to be pretty messed up to kill your grandparents. The worst thing that anyone could possibly do is give any recognition or spend any time talking about the kid that did it because in the end he most likely just wanted attention.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 06:53:43 am »

As a teacher myslef-- who has confiscated guns from third graders-- i handle this news in different ways..... part of me wants to damn this kid to hell and hope he rots in eternal damnation....

... on the other hand I work everyday with kids as young as 8 or 9 whom I know are capabale of shotting someone.  It happens for a variety of reasons.  Some simply dont understand that it is wrong.... some dont have the emotional capacity to deal with life and it all turns into violence......  in a way I feel responsible because there wasnt someone who could have caught the emotional wreck this kid must have been and tried to help them....

all in all, a tragedy no matter how you see it.

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 09:38:36 am »

As a teacher myslef-- who has confiscated guns from third graders--

What school do you teach at? School of Children of Ex-Con Parents?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 03:12:39 pm »

Well, here's how I look at this.  Quite a few years ago some idiot thought that Separation of Church and State means that we should stop having prayer in school, should stop saying the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, and should stop displaying any kind of moral integrity in the school system.  Since that day, all this shit started happening.  School shootings, rampant drug abuse, teenage pregnancy rates going through the roof, etc.

See what happens when you take the morality of Jesus out of children's lives?

Hey, you might not agree with me, but the numbers don't lie.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs-FahQ2

FahQ2

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 03:50:12 pm »

GS, this is a false arguement.  This would be like saying that if I went to a church based school that is focused around GOD, jesus, morality and the bible, I don't have to worry about a priest coming to touch me.  And these are the people that are teaching the morality.  Every generation feels that times are getting worse, it is the fear of change, but then again, back then we used to segregate schools according to laws that were taught under god.  So maybe it was the integration that did it?

"Beer is proof God loves us"

- Benjamin Franklin
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 04:02:34 pm »

This would be like saying that if I went to a church based school that is focused around GOD, jesus, morality and the bible, I don't have to worry about a priest coming to touch me.

Hey, you're talking about Catholics!  Please don't group them in with all of us other Christians.  lol

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 06:09:43 pm »

GS, post hoc ergo propter hoc is a logical fallacy. The numbers do lie if you take invalid conclusions from them. Besides that, you are full of shit, schools still recite the pledge, at least in Elementary.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 06:15:35 pm »

Besides that, you are full of shit, schools still recite the pledge, at least in Elementary.

Not down here on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, they don't.  A fact which pissed me off so much I pulled my daughter out of public school and we now home school her.  I may find a good private school in the area to send her to next year (not a Christian School, as most of those down here are Catholic, and we are NOT Catholic).

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 06:15:55 pm »

I agree, Fah! It was when we started letting those Non-White-Folk into our schools that trouble started. They're nothing but Godless pagan heathens! Just kidding, obviously. We need more love
But yes, GS, saying prayers and droning through the Pledge of Allegiance like zombies sure kept us kids out of trouble! Please. Kids don't have the capacity to understand prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance. They just think it's something they HAVE to do. But this school shooting garbage, it all goes down to bad parenting and the media(more on that later). The kid was living with his grandparents (as far as I can tell), so he's probably fucked in the head from his parents dying/abandoning him/etc. If those kids in Columbine hadn't done what they did, there wouldn't be so many school shootings. It's just stupid bastard children get ideas from other kids, and think they'll go down in a "blaze of glory" too. I partly blame inappropriate news coverage, to be honest. They treat this shit like it's a movie and as a way to get better ratings, so they talk about it for days and days. It just makes kids think, "hey, I can get on the news for a month, too! And I wanted to kill myself anyways, I'm gonna go kill all of my fucking friends!"

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 06:18:31 pm »

Oh, so you are saying that Censuring the media is a good thing?  Wow, I bet the ACLU will have something to say about that.

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 06:21:46 pm »

No, I'm not saying -censoring- the media is a good thing. Aren't you the one that thinks nobody should be allowed to criticize the President/Government/Armed Forces in the media? But anyways. All I'm saying is that the media should be more responsible with covering these sorts of things. When they park 6 camera crews infront of a school and film children running and screaming for their lives from a school, it's sort of sick. They can write all of the stories they want about it, but if they keep making big deals out of it (even though it IS a serious problem), it's just going to encourage further crimes like this.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 08:01:34 pm »

I'm a junior in high-school in Houston Texas and we say the Pledge including the part; "one nation under God". the whole state has always done it.

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 08:10:24 pm »

I'm a junior in high-school in Houston Texas and we say the Pledge including the part; "one nation under God". the whole state has always done it.

Which is one of the reasons why I think Texas is such a great place.  Wink

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 08:17:51 pm »

I recited it all through elementary school and had not one damn idea what I was saying. Then I went into a secular private school, and ironically, I thank god I did. The pledge reminds me of soviet russia, and the idea of being taught by a group of people biased towards an exclusive view point and morality scares me. One can't learn without fair comparison.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 08:31:51 pm »

As a teacher myslef-- who has confiscated guns from third graders--

What school do you teach at? School of Children of Ex-Con Parents?

Mexican Children.  Is that enough?  Wink

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2005, 09:20:50 pm »

I'm a junior in High School in Juneau, Alaska. The Pledge is said over the loud-speaker every morning before first period ( 7:00 AM ).

Maybe 10% of the students say the Pledge, maybe 25% of us stand up. I haven't said the Pledge since parts of it stopped being at all true, so in 2002. I do always stand up, simply because that's what I've been taught to do whenever anything is done honoring the American Flag.

I certainly don't support the Pledge of Alliegence being said in schools. Like Spike, it reminds me of Soviet  Russia.

To be perfectly honest, I would gladly risk my life to prevent prayer in my school. If not having prayer made school shootings 50 times as likely, so be it. I'm a Christian. I choose to pray, and I choose to go to church, but under no circumstances would I support prayer at school.

I go to one of the worst High Schools in the country. We've got a 38% drop out rate, and the worst school-wide attendence in the state. We also have almost no displine, and a number of fights every day. Prayer wouldn't help a thing here. The kids who come from the Juneau Christian School ( grades 2-9 ) are the worst ones. I lost the use of two fingers in my right hand in a knife fight with two "Good Christians" two years ago, who were claiming that god made blacks inferior.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads