*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 03:36:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Schiavo Arguement
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Schiavo Arguement  (Read 4057 times)
*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2005, 10:27:42 pm »

would you want to live in the state that woman is living in?

Pushing the limits of acceptable human behaviour....
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2005, 04:11:39 am »

Basically, if u were in her state ur parents would want you to live (or quiet possibly die) and it should be their decision. Point made.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2005, 06:14:30 am »

good point, but shouldnt the husband also be capart of the decision? I mean, you are close to your parents but they dont have to understand you to be your parents. In fact some parents are unfit to parent their children and should be denied care of their children (like abusive parents). Also your parents will probably never know you completely.  I have friends who are raised in catholic famillies and their parents think they are saints, and that the kids use their catholic faith to guide their decisions, but what they dont know is these kids cant stand it, and every chance they get away from their parents, they tell me how they think its all bullshit and then they get drunk or high and go commit the most insane acts of debauchery I have ever seen. Obviously these thes guys parents are totally out of touch with their children. You can't choose your parents, but you can choose your spouse. And hopefully you make the right decisions when chosing your spouse, and you get someone who has a more complete understanding of you than anyone else.  Of course, you can wind up with a sadistic mother fucker, but then isnt that more your fault for falling for someone like that? I'd like to see what shiavo's friends think of this situation, and whos side they support.

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2005, 10:51:50 am »

I like that explanation GS. Bronto, i doubt he still feels "strongly" about her because if he did he wouldnt have a new gf etc.

Christ. You just refuse to inform yourself.

If you REALLY want to be able to comment on this case read the GAL report that was sponsored by Jeb Bush. In it you'll find wonderful little things called "facts". Here's a fact for you: Terri's parent's encouraged Michaal to "move on with his life" by dating. I shit you not. It was when he won a sizable malpratience suit against the fertility doctor she was seeing that the parents suddenly decided he wasn't fit to be her care giver.

Another "fact": Terri has never gotten a bed sore.

If you know what happens to people who are unable to move themselves, you know that a bed sore can lead to death; but they're very hard to protect against, since the only sure thing is to constantly move the patient. Interestingly, guess what Christopher Reeve died of? Complications form an infected bed sore. Guess who was by Terri's said -- according to the person paid by Jeb Bush to investigate the case? Michael.

If he's such a crave bastard why did he do to the extreme lengths he did to CARE for her? operative word being "CARE". CAREing about someone is implicit in many more actions than just demanding that someone be kept alive in order to sate your selfish religious or personal feelings. I'd argue that her parent's do NOT care about her: they care about themselves. They are TOO SELFISH to let her go, a fact born out by their own testimony where they revealed that even if she had expressed a desire to be allowed to die they would not do so for her.

Come on people. This sort of sinster bullshit is spewed from the very politicians and corrupt fundamentalists who brought you "saving" social security and abortion clinic bombing. They just have such big hearts, don't they?

Selfish, self centered, oppurtunistic fucks.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
bronto
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2005, 06:02:51 pm »

well she's probably about dead by now.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2005, 06:35:55 pm »

Okay, you don't want the woman alive anymore, fine.  But what the fuck people!  You starve her to death to kill her?  I mean, that has got to be the most inhumane way imaginable to let someone die.  Fuck, if you want her dead, inject her with something that will kill her instantly.  Because if she can still think, or feel pain, she sure as fuck is feeling it right now.  And I'm the guy without a heart?  Please.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2005, 06:47:30 pm »

did anybody ever say they want her dead? she's been in this state for how long now? If it weren't for the force feeding and whatnot and the life support they had her on when she first entered the hospital she would be dead anyway... she is obviously not recovering, and personally, if I were in her position I would want to be dead even if I had a daughter in this state for that long I wouldn't want them to be stuck like this forever.
Nobody wants her dead, but does anybody really want to see her living like this either?

btw. feeding her and giving her water was the only thing keeping her alive, a hospital obviously isn't going to poison her, they're just stopping keeping her alive.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 06:51:30 pm by cO.krush » Logged

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2005, 06:51:43 pm »

That's fine, then kill her quick.  Don't let her die from starvation over a period of time.  For fuck's sake man, we don't even do that shit to dogs.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2005, 06:57:39 pm »

It would be against the law to "kill her quick" since they can't pull life support (since she is on none) the only way they are allowed to let her die is by not keeping her alive (feeding her).

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
bronto
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2005, 07:06:36 pm »

dr. kevorkian is gonna roll up and save the day.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2005, 07:22:57 pm »

I wonder what party they will vote for now, that Jeb "betrayed" them.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2005, 12:30:56 am »

Okay, you don't want the woman alive anymore, fine.  But what the fuck people!  You starve her to death to kill her?  I mean, that has got to be the most inhumane way imaginable to let someone die.  Fuck, if you want her dead, inject her with something that will kill her instantly.  Because if she can still think, or feel pain, she sure as fuck is feeling it right now.  And I'm the guy without a heart?  Please.

I agree. Let her die by helping her die. But that isn't lawful in our nation -- it could be, but some people stand in the way of dignity. So we're stuck with the fucking middle ground of starving her body to death. Horrible.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2005, 01:29:06 am »

It'd be cool if you could choose the way you die.  I'd do something creative like be thrown into a river of lava, or die of a heroin overdose or something.

bronto
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2005, 01:46:41 am »

she will not STARVE to death, she will dehydrate..apparently it's not so uncomfortable...i agree that if she's gonna die they should just morphine her to death, but it's fucking stupid how you people blow it out of proportion saying wwaaa she's starving to death feed her she's so hungy and thirsty.

i was just watching some old doctor dude on tv talking about how he does this ALL THE TIME, yet all of a sudden it's being blown out of proportion. all sources point to her being brain dead, particularly the fact that there is NO electrical activity in her brain. so yes, terry schiavo should and will die, and all attempts to overturn these laws will be shot down because the people trying to change them don't have the scientific or medical knowledge to know how this works, which is why they're out there in the freezing cold.

even if she was allowed to go on being a vegetable, how quickly would these protesters forget about her? pretty quick i'd say, considering she's not gonna pop up and say THANKS FOR SAVING ME GUYS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I LOVE BEING ALIVE. no, she's gonna rot away in that bed, probably until her clock runs out naturally.
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2005, 11:03:26 am »

she will not STARVE to death, she will dehydrate..apparently it's not so uncomfortable...

Got me on that one. Checked it out. Yep, death by dehydration.

Everything else you say, ditto.

bronto
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2005, 05:16:51 pm »

well, she's dead now. any afterthoughts?
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2005, 06:03:45 pm »

I'm just relieved for her, she can finally be at peace.

I wish the husband could be too but he's had so many threats made against him that I worry for his and his family's ability to live a quiet, peaceful life again, some of these Christian radicals are every bit the terrorists that the radical Muslims are.

Anyway, hopefully it is out of the news cycle by the end of the weekend so the news can cover something of true political rather than personal importance. And no, that doesn't mean the Michael Jackson trial.
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2005, 09:07:29 pm »

well, she's dead now. any afterthoughts?

Yeah, how was she able to last so long, I thought it was 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water and 3 weeks without food.  She lasted two weeks without water.

bronto
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2005, 09:25:59 pm »

well, i suspect because she doesn't move at all, so whatever water reserves she has aren't expended so quickly.
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2005, 11:05:16 pm »

It sucks balls. That's what I think.

I also think it's so shitty of the President to say that millions feel her passing a few minutes after she dies but he has shit to say about the ten dead indians murdered by a mad child. Such a hypocrit. Such a cunt of a politician.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads