*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:25:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  What War Does to People
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What War Does to People  (Read 1103 times)
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« on: March 18, 2005, 10:38:33 am »

You 'war junkies' will just love this: http://www.ogrish.com/archives/2005...ing_in_iraq.wmv  Watch at your own risk.  -Lone

"Hi my name is M. D. formaly of A TRP 1-10 CAV 4ID and while in Iraq we had a sport of killing dogs whenever the Iraqis werent shooting us. So when I shot this one at about 50 yards with my M4 and it ran yelping to lower ground, we had to finish it so my friends and I went to it and started shooting it. I ve never seen a dog take as many shots to the head at least 4 as this one did and then after we thought it was dead we dug a hole and when I picked it up with the shovel it came back to life, so we shot it a couple more times....its pretty funny."

It's one thing to shoot an armed human, but there's something terribly fucked up about shooting a defenseless non-sporting animal for shit and giggles. This is what war does to people, cool uh?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 06:27:07 pm by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 12:58:17 pm »

sick fucks.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 03:29:22 pm »

Well they coulda been fucked in the head before they got there, which is my bet. You don't start shooting dogs for fun unless something went wrong earlier on the road.

Be as it may.. .Maybe you shouldn't post videos like that?

c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 06:31:14 pm »

Im leaving the link alone, considering the precedent of the beheading thread being left open to the public, when that all was going on.  (Not only that, but when i clicked the link it didnt lead me directly to the video, but instead went to a 'verify your age' screen.)

I will say again, however.  Follow that link at your own risk, it is not a pretty site.

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 06:40:38 pm »

Well they coulda been fucked in the head before they got there, which is my bet. You don't start shooting dogs for fun unless something went wrong earlier on the road.

I think if you don't bring these things up - if you don't show people what is happening in the world, whether it is US soldiers shooting dogs for fun or whatever, then people don't know about it, and as far as they are concerned they havn't/dont happen.   ... in some cases people know exactly what has happend and you don't need to see every graphic detail - somtimes though what is happeninig only really sinks in when you actually do see every horrific sick detail.

seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 06:44:37 pm »

gee why would anyone be interested in watching such pics and videos

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 06:56:01 pm »

You 'war junkies' will just love this: http://www.ogrish.com/archives/2005...ing_in_iraq.wmv  Watch at your own risk.  -Lone

"Hi my name is M. D. formaly of A TRP 1-10 CAV 4ID and while in Iraq we had a sport of killing dogs whenever the Iraqis werent shooting us. So when I shot this one at about 50 yards with my M4 and it ran yelping to lower ground, we had to finish it so my friends and I went to it and started shooting it. I ve never seen a dog take as many shots to the head at least 4 as this one did and then after we thought it was dead we dug a hole and when I picked it up with the shovel it came back to life, so we shot it a couple more times....its pretty funny."

It's one thing to shoot an armed human, but there's something terribly fucked up about shooting a defenseless non-sporting animal for shit and giggles. This is what war does to people, cool uh?

I doubt the validity of this video as having come from U.S. Soldiers in Iraq.  In my experience from the military, something seems very odd about the way these guys on this video acted, as well as with exactly how they were dressed, held their weapons, etc.  I would say this looked more like a staged video just to make the U.S. Military look bad, and trust me when I say there are plenty of people in this world out to do that.  And you can't just go around shooting a weapon without other military personnel taking notice.

I call bullshit on this one, sorry.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
bronto
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 08:27:01 pm »

edit: my bad those were just transcripts, no actual video.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 08:37:09 pm by *NADS bronto » Logged
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 08:39:46 pm »

Look, I never said these things DON'T happen, I simply said that the video of the soldiers shooting that dog looked staged to me.  Hey, you get sent to a desert for a year or more at a time, in a hostile environment, and don't expect people to not get bored and start doing stupid things, you're crazy.  Shit happens.  But all these videos do is make people think the whole U.S. Military is like this, and that is just wrong.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 09:06:13 pm »

Its all cool. Come on guys shit happens, after all its not like there are loads and loads of videos and reports of this kind of behavior happening all over the place. Anyway we're safe and happy so what does it matter what the fuck happens to some turban wearing evil do'ers?

Call me crazy Ghost-sniper but no i don't. I thought US soldiers were trained better than that than to start shooting things for fun when they get bored. - nobody is saying its the entire US Military - but we just keep on seeing more and more and more stuff of US soldiers behaving like shit, more and more people, more and more members of the US Military.

And what really really gets to me? All theses videos - these Iraqi's aren't treated like humans. They are constantly totally dehumanized. its all this fucking religious "good versus Evil" bullshit - The people i've really got a lot of respect for from all the stuff i see is the Military Medics. Those guys are incredible.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 10:04:56 pm »

Yo BFG, hate to tell you this, but the soldiers under the flag of the Union Jack have committed far more attrocities during war than those under Old Glory have ever dreamed of committing.

That same statement can be said of pretty much every other military force on this planet.

Stop acting so high and mighty when your own military's have done far worse.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 10:36:47 pm »

I'd rather have some sick fucks shooting dogs in Iraq than soldiers torturing prisonners.

OMG another 4 years !!!
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 10:42:09 pm »

I posted this thread to not bash the US military, but to point out that War seriously fucks people up mentally and physically. The biggest con the industrial military complex has ever pulled, is to make some of us believe that War is necessary.

Hundreds of thousands of young people are going to be coming back from Iraq fucked out of there minds, this vid is really nothing compared to the human tragedy.

It's not the 'masters of war' with fat bank accounts (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Pearle, and the rest of the 'brown shirts'), who have to bear witness to these atrocities, it's 18-20 year olds no different from you or I, who joined to pay for college, that will be scarred for life.

Join me in a prayer, that the horrors of this War be visited upon Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Pearle, and the rest of the neo-cons, ten fold. May their corpses be fed to dogs.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 10:43:51 pm by c| Spetsnaz. » Logged

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 05:56:04 pm »

I think if you don't bring these things up - if you don't show people what is happening in the world, whether it is US soldiers shooting dogs for fun or whatever, then people don't know about it, and as far as they are concerned they havn't/dont happen.   ... in some cases people know exactly what has happend and you don't need to see every graphic detail - somtimes though what is happeninig only really sinks in when you actually do see every horrific sick detail.

Yes I agree you shouldn't sweep things under a carpet and instead speak of things openly. Just thought that given the nature of this video it could have remained unposted, thats just me though. (not that I even watched it)

I mean, if that video had been posted without the text that followed, this thread would have been locked and deleted directly (atleast I hope so). Should then the circumstances around the event open a backdoor for it?

Not that it really matters anyway  Smiley
Shame on those soldiers.

observer
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 04:20:44 am »

One interesting thing about this video is when the other soldier enters the frame from the right.  It appears as though he "glides" into the view. He certainly doesn't seem to be side-stepping nor does the camera man appear to move significantly...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads