*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:27:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Strange Coincedence...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Strange Coincedence...  (Read 1244 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: March 17, 2005, 07:28:25 pm »

Here is a strange coincedence I just realized...

I have the official crew photo for STS-51L, the Space Shuttle Challenger mission that blew up on takeoff in 1986, and the crew photo for STS-107, the Space Shuttle Columbia mission that blew up on re-entry in 2003.

Well, I was looking at the two photos side-by-side, and it struck me all of a sudden:

Both crews had 7 astronauts.  Both crews had 2 women.  Both crews had 1 black man.  Both crews had 4 white men.  Considering that not all missions had 7 crew members (some flights had less, some flights had more), I thought that the whole crew make-up for the two missions was eerily similar.

Anyhow, just sent chills up my spine when I saw that.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 09:20:59 pm »

Nice find, don't know how the hell you were that bored to have found that though.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 10:32:02 pm »

Nice find, don't know how the hell you were that bored to have found that though.

One of my hobbies is collecting military pictures (aircraft, people, etc), and I was browsing through my NASA pictures and those two crew photos just happened to be right next to each other in order in my stack...so I saw one, then the other right after it...and that's when it hit me!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 06:51:43 pm »

GS, one way to make sure it is a strange find is to compare the two photos to ALL space shuttle missions.

Blitz Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 08:01:28 pm »

GS, one way to make sure it is a strange find is to compare the two photos to ALL space shuttle missions.

Okay, are you ready for this?  I just did what you said.  I went through the crew photos for EVERY Space Shuttle Mission (all 113 of them), and guess what?

Out of the 113 Space Shuttle Missions, ONLY TWO contained a crew mix of 4 White Men, 1 Black Man, and 2 White Women...ONLY the two Shuttles that were lost contained this exact crew mix.

How's that for a coincedence?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 08:27:13 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 08:02:48 pm »

<racism and sexism> I guess it's God's way of telling us that he doesn't want blacks and women in space. </racism and sexism> Wink

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 08:10:45 pm »

<racism and sexism> I guess it's God's way of telling us that he doesn't want blacks and women in space. </racism and sexism> Wink

No, that is not true at all.  There were many many other missions with blacks and/or women aboard.  In fact, I'll give you a break-down:

70 of the 113 Space Shuttle Missions had women on the crew.

39 of the 113 Space Shuttle Missions had only white men on the crew.

13 of the 113 Space Shuttle Missions had black men on the crew (to date, no black women have flown aboard a Space Shuttle Mission).

9 of the 113 Space Shuttle Missions had both black men and women on the crew.

Still seems like quite a coincedence to me.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 08:12:34 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 11:09:39 pm »

One of my hobbies is collecting military pictures

I wasn't aware NASA was considered a military form... ah yes the starwars stuff.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 11:23:58 pm »

One of my hobbies is collecting military pictures

I wasn't aware NASA was considered a military form... ah yes the starwars stuff.

It isn't, but a great many of the astronauts, including all of the first group of astronauts, are in the military.  Not to mention a great many of NASA's missions are military related (putting military satellites into orbit among other things).  Also, NASA does a huge amount of aircraft research that aides the military.  So, although NASA itself is not a branch of the U.S. Military, it does have military personnel in it, and it does fly military aircraft and perform military missions.[/size]

Blitz

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 07:11:43 am »

GS, go send this info to a tabloid so some crazy newspaper.

Blitz Cool

bronto
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 07:07:14 pm »

sorry blitz but tabloids like to publish total lies, not strange coincedences that have no effect at all.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 07:08:47 pm »

According to this, Bronto is a leprechaun who lives inside a whale in the indian ocean.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Blitz

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 02:54:22 am »

Myst, I call the leprechaun a fag in that situation.

Blitz Cool

bronto
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 01:55:15 am »

no skin off my teeth, it's blitz lol. the same doofus who's afraid to have sex because of STDs. FOX 5 news probably scared him into abstinence.
[:] Narauko

the Germans call this BEER?!?

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 04:01:34 am »

Perhaps its all a big cover up for the breeding of alien offspring. They need the black/white men to give hot loving to the female aliens...or they just ripped em open and took out their insides to experiment with.

Or perhaps the american government drugged those astronauts so they had no control of their bodys and they weren't really astronauts but Russian spys which had done such evil that the american goverment couldn't think of any worse death than being scared to death as the rocket shoots into the sky and explodes.

Or maybe it was just a horrific space race accident.

nark?

War is a hobby, one Fucked Up Beyound All Recognition game.
[/color]
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 04:10:56 am »

Gee, this starting out as a really interesting thread.  What happened?[/size]

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 04:26:53 am »

This thread was crazy since the starting line. The finish line just went tabloid.

John Lennon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads