*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:37:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  What Do You Do???
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Do You Do???  (Read 2191 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: March 15, 2005, 04:14:46 pm »

Hi Guys,

I know what some of you guys do for a living in this community, but for the vast majority, I have no idea if you work for a living, are in school, or whatever.  I thought it would be cool to list here what everyone does.  If you are in college, tell us what your major is.  I was just wondering, because take for instance Mauti...I know he is in college, and works a job or two on the side, but I have no idea what his major is in college, or what he does in his jobs.  So here's your chance to tell the community a little bit about yourself!

I'll start:

Most of you know that I served 8 years in the military (4 years in the U.S. Army and another 4 years in the U.S. Air Force).  Since I got out of the military in 1998 I have been in the car business...first selling cars, and then going into management about a year and a half ago.  Now I'm the Fleet Sales Manager where I handle all of the government and commercial vehicle sales for my dealership.

So, tell us about YOU!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 04:36:41 pm »

Alright I leave out my cirriculum vitae and start what I do right now:

I'm studying media computer science at the vienna university of technoiogy(http://www.tuwien.ac.at). I'm right now in my 6th term and work on my diploma thesis. Next term I should have my bachelor. Then I continue with the Master program(Diplom-Ingenieur: Dipl.-Ing. or D.I.). So in around 2 and half years I should be completely finished with university.

We don't have majors here in Austria - but you could say I'm stuyding computer science with focus on media, including movie production/game developing/human user interaction design. My master may will be done in the same category or may I change to computer graphics.

Next to university I'm working as salesman(lamps and furniture) once a week, for Elandrion's father's transport company as parttime driver(but this one has been reduced very much due time constraints with university) and with a bit luck once a year I get a job to make an Offroad Event movie for different car and tuning manufacturers. I have already done one for Sony Austria, Toyota Austria, Hekla Tuning(Mac downloads), Two Oaks Offroadtraining and Motorline.cc.

Alright that's what I do for my living.

Bye,

Mauti
ps.: and I run a crazy thing called *DAMN

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 05:04:26 pm »

I'm majoring in culinary arts (training to be a chef) and ummm. That's about it. I'm also a part-time drunkard, and a part-time musician, although I haven't been in a band in quite some time. Working on putting a celtic rock band together. That's about it right now.  clapping hands

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Snipe@school
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 05:59:54 pm »

I'm Snipe, and I'm an alcoholic.

--Senior in high school.

--So far: Accepted to UConn and Delaware U Honors Program.

--Plan on majoring in Mechanical Engineering.

--I am a competitive sleeper.

--My other interests include technical theater, and slacking off (like I'm doing right now during my free period, when I SHOULD be doing work).
th.Sentinel

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 06:50:20 pm »

I'm a graphic designer, I work in a design agency.
One of our biggest clients is D'Ieteren, its a big car company. They got Skoda, Seat, Volkswagen, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche, Audi and a few more. Almost all the Belgian catalogs and some foreign catalogs are made by our agency. I get to see all the new cars before anyone else does Cool

Next to my job, I spend my time working on websites and online gaming.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 07:03:29 pm »

Currently attending Central Michigan University, Sophomore Status. Wanting to transfer to the Art Center of Pasadena, Chicago Art Institute, or the College for Creative Studies (Detroit).

Majoring in Graphic Design and hopefully Interning this summer at JWT Detroit.

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 07:46:09 pm »

I'm Snipe, and I'm an alcoholic.

--Senior in high school.

--So far: Accepted to UConn and Delaware U Honors Program.

--Plan on majoring in Mechanical Engineering.

--I am a competitive sleeper.

--My other interests include technical theater, and slacking off (like I'm doing right now during my free period, when I SHOULD be doing work).

go to uconn, its a good school, i have them loosing to illinois in the final though.

I'm a freshman at boston university, majoring in english with a minor in film, and possibly acting.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 08:08:26 pm »

I'm studying Physics on the Technical University of Vienna, and am currently in my 6th term out of 10. In my free time, I work voluntarily for the austrian dependance of the Order of St. John (http://www.johanniter.at) as an EMT. The other time, i'm mostly slacking off.

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 08:46:43 pm »

I start my Masters in Public Policy at Uni of Colorado in the fall. In lieu of gainful employment that is relevant to my career goals, I am having to opt for unpaid internship/volunteer work at the time being and after the summer when I have a few bits of experience to list I hope for paid internship.
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 09:02:59 pm »

Full Time chat whore on Gameranger, and Part Time Graphic designer  lol
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 09:05:00 pm »

Senior in High School, and I stopped giving a fuck in middle school. Now I'm wishing I had, but hey what can you do? I'm hoping to go to my local tech school and then possibly pursue higher education at Clemson University or The University of South Carolina or joining the services.

Oh yeah, my current job is at GameStop, where they give me like 11 hours a week, so I'm not really making money there, I just spend it on games anyway.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
gsr

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 09:31:55 pm »

I was a self employed graphic designer until the .com crash.  Most of my clients were high tech (HP, Agilent, Fluke) and that pretty much went down the tubes in Seattle.  So to fill the spare time I started doing handyman stuff - fixing up people's houses.  The demand is so great that I do that full time now.

Pay is about the same, it's low stress and I'm not pushing a mouse all day.  I'm glad to see (most) everyone's interest in education, I know my 7 years in college have paid off big  Wink -  I'm probably the only handyman with a BFA.  But seriously, a good education is priceless.
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 09:33:19 pm »

Student at the University of Oslo, Norway. I study English, religion, ethics and pedagogy(allthough not all at once, but everything is nicely spread over the years I have been here, and the years I have left). Guess ppl by now will realise that when I am done, I will be a teacher....yeah yeah yeah, I'm a masochist  Wink

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 09:57:47 pm »

Currently running around like A road runner on acid as i approach the last few weeks of my Degree in Time Based Media ( BA Hons )  Its currently taking up just bout 95% of my life apart from eating sleeping and working as a Doorman/Bouncer. 

Spend most of my time in-front of this damn mac designing and building all sorts of interactive media or working in Editing and Post production for film.  Spend all my holidays working from dawn til dusk with the odd smatterings of crazy shenanigans in disgustingly powerful bits of machinery or 600cc turbo charged Quad bikes!!

other stuff, erm, classical musician, and been member of several national schools and academies of music... oh and i also enjoy trying to excersise myself to death in numerous rowing teams with little more than a thirst for more beer and a few medals and pots etc.

would write more not going to which leads me to the fact im a great big bastard i love food, all food and any food and beer. oh yes and being lazy.

ps... and im a bloody Gaming whore Cheesy

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 10:04:37 pm »

Full time student, and junior at The Ohio State University www.osu.edu, I am a Political Science major, and may minor in psychology.

After graduation, i plan on attending the University of Baltimore School of Law, or if I rob a bank, I plan on bribing Paul Wolfowitz, to get into the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS).

if that doesn't work out, i may move to Bangkok, Thailand, and drift from port to port for a few years.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
BTs-FahQ2

FahQ2

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 10:11:39 pm »

Graduated with a BA in Communications/ Creative Advertising.  I minored in Graphic Design and American Studies.  I currently work as a In-house designer for a Computer company and I recently started my own design company as side work.  With wiggy, I chat most of the day while working and at night I work some more but I do it while drinking.  I hope when I grow up to be something cool like a super hero

"Beer is proof God loves us"

- Benjamin Franklin
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005, 10:27:55 pm »

I am a Political Science major, and may minor in psychology.

Oh, I forgot to tell what I studied in college.  I was a dual-major...got a BA in History and a BS in Political Science (back in the day when you could actually get a BS in Political Science...lol).  I am currently working on my Masters in International Studies (will be all done this summer).  I don't know why I went to college, or have continued my education in my spare time, as none of it helps out in my career in any way, shape, or form.  ugh

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 10:38:50 pm »

Heh, everyone still in college should get on thefacebook.com

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 05:51:48 am »

Majored in Liberal Studies, Spanish and Elementary Education at Loyola Marymount University in LA.

I now am in my first full time year of teaching ... 3rd grade... yes.... people trust me with kids.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 10:09:31 pm by theweakspot » Logged

Po~ReverendMoss

Teabaggin' griefers since the Dawn of the Milennia

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2005, 06:54:09 am »

I'm a Chef. I run a Latin cafe (80 seats) in Gainesville, Florida. Home of the Gators. I lead a crew of 12, including dish and prep, preparing Nuevo Latino (carribean with mediterannean and south american influence) for North Central Florida.
I've been cooking professionally for 15 years, with about 6 years of that being bakery work. I have never been formally schooled, but i have worked with some amazing chefs in some fantastic places.

Im thinking to go back to school to pursue food science~ "nutritional alchemy". I really like figuring out the how and why of food: It's fun to look at a recipe and know it won't work because it's overloaded on baking powder and then have the ability to fix it.

I'm 33, married ten years with a four year old son.

:End Transmission:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads