*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 11:03:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  When do you plan on leaving GR
Poll
Question: When will you retire from GR ?
within 6 month
within a year
within 2 years
within 5 years
never !

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When do you plan on leaving GR  (Read 4099 times)
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2005, 09:02:18 pm »

Correction: GR has been going downhill since Mid RS era... about a half year prior to GhR.

Actually GhR was the biggest thing for online mac gaming, ever.

12.7.1999 was the date GR was released.

GhR was released for Mac late fall 2002.
If you look closely and do some counting, I'm sure you will notice something interesting.. .  Wink
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 09:11:09 pm by Toxic::Joka » Logged

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 12:40:27 am »

I'm not sure that's what myst was talking about. I think he means more the grade, personality of the players, and the general health of the tight knit community.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2005, 01:03:39 am »

I'm not sure that's what myst was talking about. I think he means more the grade, personality of the players, and the general health of the tight knit community.

I hope you aren't saying the "old-timers" are a higher grade or have better personalities.  Some of those guys are the biggest pricks I have ever met, with egos that are only outweighed by their shitty demeanors.  Please.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2005, 02:06:34 am »

Oh, GS, temper temper!

Regardless of whether they are assholes or not, the community was a lot more tightly knit before gr gained another 100,000 users. I don't think you can deny that.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2005, 09:05:25 am »

How old are you guys? You have to be at least 70 before you are allowed to say "things were so much better before...". This community is so damn good at accepting new ppl it really hurts(note the sarcasm here). I joined a little over a year ago and I noticed ppl complaining about those damn +130k accountnumbers. The noobs, newbs and what not. I see ppl complaining on this forum about admins being noobs, because they haven't been playing long enough. Newsflash for ya guys, things change, ppl change, and new ppl will always come by. You want more ppl to come play here? Well stop booting a noob because he tk'ed your buddy and camps a little. You did the same when you were a noob(And btw, this may be hard for some ppl to understand, but I am speaking of YOU in a general form...as in all of you)

.cO. Sorry to hear about God.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 11:41:15 am »

There were assholes back in the day too. Hell, look at Crapid and Romulus.

It was different though, specifically in a gaming sense. There were an infinite amount of really nasty, cheap things you could do to your oponents back at Rogue Spear, yet, people didn't do them. I watch some Raven Shield players these days and I think to myself "he should be ashamed of himself. I know I'd be embarassed if I did that", when people are sitting in corners for 20 seconds at a time just waiting. Back at RS, if you did something like that, you'd get a reputation, and soon you'd find that there weren't many servers that you could play in.

You knew everyone back then. I look at the Bar & Grill, I don't know half the people there now, and I only know maybe 10% of them well enough to have a conversation about stuff aside from just in main chat.

ell stop booting a noob because he tk'ed your buddy and camps a little

This is something that disgusts me. If a newbie TKs someone in a stupid way, or camps even a little bit, by all means boot him. That's how people learn. I hate hearing "cut him slack, he's a newbie." If you want to discourage people from turning into campers, kick them for it before it developes into a habit.

Things were a lot closer when there were 70,000 accounts, and this entire community played one game.

Respect for your oponents has gone out the window, and that is why I do hold a grudge against so many GHR players.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
z][t-Rampage

can u rap?

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2005, 03:35:00 pm »

well while some are looking back at the old days of gr and feeling sad about how the community is growing. I preffer to stay pleased. more ppl to kill, more ppl to get to know, more ppl to kick if they tk(repeatedly), new clans and new challenges. it also ensures us that gr will keep running, because it becomes more of a profit for Evill with more members who sign up for premi(i dont care about his agenda, everyone wants to make a buck. good for him and it gives me a place to play mac vs mac)
on the note of making money, more ppl are buying mac's - more games will be made for mac. more games = more choices = rampage happy. sure there will be dickheads joining gr, that will never end. i'm probably one of those dickheads joining.

and when it comse to noobs, i actually enjoy giving some new dude the link to dl mappacks. it means i can kill him too untill he "thanx man, but i'll train and come back some other day". he rejoins my room after a few days, with some games under his belt. so i am one of those people, with a warning - give a noob a chance if he fucks up when i host.

Typhy m8, how is a ghr player any different from any guy playing any other game? all games pretty much come down to one thing. winning and having fun doing it. if my machine was faster, i'd be playing some other games too(oh my, that would take up too much time). I dont see the difference in a person based on the game s/he plays. weird...

but back to topic, I'll be playing on gr for as long as it is a service needed to play online. im pleased with what im getting for my money and i dont know Evill personally - so i dont feel that he owes me to supply me with a free way of playing online.

so...i'll be around untill my fingers go numb, my gf throws my machine out the window(wont happen) or some new technology comes around.

and yes, Rampage  misses gawd(he is loony!)

Live every day, as if it's your last
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2005, 01:33:41 am »

Well, being im from the RS generation, i agree with myst. The community was torn unrepairably with the release of GhR. Back in the days of RS, everyone knew everyone. And everyone came together in the fact that everyone hated Rapid. When GhR came along there were many people to hate because of their odd additudes. The release of GhR marked the day i moved to playing games that were mac and pc compatible (mohaa, tac ops).

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2005, 02:06:22 am »

Correction: GR has been going downhill since Mid RS era... about a half year prior to GhR.

clapping hands

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
Daf One

gloop, inc.

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2005, 02:31:56 am »

man, guys this community is fine, it just needs a little twitching that is all compared to other communities.  With the release of Ghost Recon meant the end of Rogue Spear and the fact that RS was not ported to OS X.  Same thing happened with the Bungie's Myth Series.  Myth TFL released...then Myth II released. Myth TFL "Elitists" bash Myth 2, but to no use, then it is WW2 vs. Reg and so on.  This community is in far better shape the god forbidden crazy ass Playmyth.net community.  That community is beyond repair, I mean there are like 5 arguments going on in the lobby every second and dumbasses spamming all over the place, and there is like no authority.  This community is in far better shape then what others believe me thinks.

Enjoy the Classic.
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2005, 06:03:11 am »

I've always found it funny that there are 100k+ accounts, and yet there's only about 500 people who use GR. At least, that's my uneducated guesstimation.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2005, 06:32:54 am »

out of those 100K accounts, how many are premiums ? About 500 would you say ?

OMG another 4 years !!!
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2005, 06:39:35 am »

umm, look at mellows post.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2005, 01:10:33 pm »

Flamewar and offtopic posts between Typhy and Rapid are deleted. Both are hereby warned.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
|ÅK|*Rapid*
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2005, 09:19:35 pm »

Rapid - The reason your post was deleted by Mauti, I assume, was because if Typhy's posts was gone, then yours had no real reason/point in this thread, and had to go as well (so people wouldnt be left scratching their heads wondering what you were going on about).  In addition, I cut & pasted this post and sent a copy of it to Mauti via PM, because i dont want your voice to go unheard, but since all of it was directed at him, and not the community at large, PM's serve better in this situation.  Plus, this isnt what this thread is about in the first place, and I want to try and keep it on-topic. Anyway, I put your post in a word document, and if you feel that my action was in error, and convince me via PM to put it back, I can/will.

-Lone
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 10:30:33 pm by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2005, 09:43:29 pm »

lol, i find this so funny, you vet guys say the community was sooo good back then, seems like you had to deal with the same shit that goes on now... cant help but laugh.... "Go Vets"  clapping hands
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2005, 03:03:05 am »

There wasn't much BS back in the day. Not saying the new guys are bastards or anything, it's just that we were a tight-knit group in the R6/RS days. As the community grows, it becomes harder to know people on a more personal level. Because of this, people are just names on a screen, and people don't really feel they'll be shamed by The Group and such if they do something inconsiderate. As someone stated earlier, back in the day, we behaved ourselves (for the most part) and respected eachother (for the most part) out of fear of being banished from the community, and because just about everyone knew eachother somewhat personally. When there's 75-100 people, that's a bit harder. I'm not bashing anybody, and I'm glad the community has so many members now. I do miss having conversations between games with people though, instead of people complaining about how long it's taking for so and so to die. I haven't played any games on GR in a long while though, so I'm not sure if this has changed since GhR.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
one 2 lazy
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2005, 03:29:42 am »

The only bull we had was everyone hating AK for some reason, I never really "hated" them, but many did...and the occasional clan whore...and yes it was definetly a tight knit community...i mean we always had that one guy we hated(rapid) clan whore(rabid) weird guy(balkanski spijun), one awesome clan(KoS), and we knew our place I guess...I dunno, I go back to R6, but that doesn't mean anything, I think there was the same thing going on when RS was released and effectivley killed R6.  There was also an influx of players into RS, just like GhR, and that was the cycle, cept it backfird with Raven Shield...

anyways, I just realized how BORING GR is...omfg, always AOE and Tom Clancy Games 24/7...WTF :-(  I wish there were like 5 hosts of each game at least...
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2005, 03:45:46 am »

, always AOE and Tom Clancy Games 24/7...WTF :-(  I wish there were like 5 hosts of each game at least...

actually i was wondering why people still play AOE. its kinda old-fashioned.

OMG another 4 years !!!
Daf One

gloop, inc.

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2005, 03:57:56 am »

I am coming back, not leaving...hope to see you guys in Raven Shield in the next few days...

Enjoy the Classic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads