*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:35:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Time to buy a PS2
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time to buy a PS2  (Read 2391 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: February 16, 2005, 12:41:29 am »

6 years after it's debut I can't look away anymore, I have to buy a PS2 because of 2 games:

Metal Gear Solid 3 and Gran Turismo 4 - 2 of my all time favourites(btw Resident Evil 1 as well).

They will be released here in 2 - 3 weeks and then, THEN arg I can't wait. Even if the PS2 hardware is totaly outdated if you look at these 2 games you can only guess how games could look like on uptodate hardware. It's amazing what they get out of this old chip, and at the same time it shows how less games are optimized for today's Macs and PCs. There the developers just wait another half year until a new graphic card comes out and then they release it, instead of optimizing the code.

However graphics aren't everything and gameplay is what these games made so incredible fun since their first release. If you have ever experienced how the programmers made a heart attack as real as possible in MGS1 or the thrill in a long distance GT race.... Great games, great games and soon I gonna own them =)

'Nuff said.

Good night,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 12:58:24 am »

Well, at least you aren't buying a damn PC to satisfy your gaming needs.  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 12:59:06 am »

PS2 sucks in comparison to xbox. The game-play and set up of XBL is also superior. I think people quickly rule out Xbox as a possibility just because of it's band. The part that counts is made by 1 of the 2 Mac (compatible) graphics card companies. NVIDIA made a awesome chip then and continues to with the 6000 series. I must say though, Burnout 3 on xbox (vs PS2's) makes for a great great great SP/MP experience.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 03:42:25 am »

yes, Xbox does completely Blow PS2 out of the water in my opinion

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 04:37:08 am »

Yeah Mauti i am real into the MGS series i have beat them all and i love the new slim PS2. Xbox is better but it just doesn't have some of my favorite games.

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 05:15:36 am »

San Andreas and Granturismo 4 is worth buying a PS2 in my opinion
(loved GT2 + GT3)

is it 2008 yet?
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 05:34:38 am »

I've always loved Metal Gear Solid and the Gran Turismo series.  I haven't played MGS2 or MGS3, but Snake Eater certainly looks like a schweet game.  Good picks  =).

Originally posted by DarK.
yes, Xbox does completely Blow PS2 out of the water in my opinion
Sure, but GameCube > XBox > PS2.
Got Resident Evil 4 a few weeks ago, and it's just fantastic.  The entire experience is so utterly atmospheric (the visuals are beyond stunning) and the gameplay is so much more varied than in any other survival horror game (a genre I generally have no love for — RE1 and RE4 are exceptions) ever released.  What a blast to play through.  I beat it on normal, then immediately started over on the harder difficulty.

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 05:41:36 am »

Sure, but GameCube > XBox > PS2.

No, it's Macintosh > GameCube > XBox > PS2 > Amiga > Atari 2600 > Windows PC[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 08:27:52 am »

Mauti get Sing Star for your PS2, it's great  clapping hands

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 01:43:33 pm »

San Andreas and Granturismo 4 is worth buying a PS2 in my opinion
(loved GT2 + GT3)

Hell yeah. I'd buy a PS2 just for GTA  ...  and btw i was playing some Halo2 the other night on the Xbox and i was extremely disappointed... what happened to the halo video we first saw at the macworld eh? What happened to that fantastic game? Sad

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 02:18:41 pm »

Myst and Dark you obviously totally miss the point of my post - it's not the theoratical graphic performance of the gaming console - the games are important and here the XBox fails - I just want these 2 games, I'm not interested in any console mp stuff, I just want to play GT4, the best car sim in my opinion, and MGS3, the best espionage game. Further GT4 outperforms even graphically every car game on any platform no matter how "superior" the XBox is(is it???). So if you don't optimize games code the XBox hardware doesn't help either.

I also think every game could run much better on today's Mac or PC, if they would invest time and money to optimize the code for graphic cards, not just sell better and faster cards every 6 months.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Daf|Raven™

Ready to fight to the death!

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 03:26:50 pm »

I agree, but there's one problem Mauti. They are coming out with the ps3 soon. Why bother buying it. In fact why bother buying a system anymore! They come out with a new one too quickly these days! IT MAKES ME MAD!!! Angry Angry Angry

I'm not that blind, i'm not deaf either, make a sudden movement or sound and I don't miss it, you're just dead
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 06:30:27 pm »

Because you can get a used one very cheap and I really want these games  Wink

since 13th June 2000
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 07:42:18 pm »

You obviously didn't catch that graphics was my sub point. Down to the controller layout, xbox has superior game-play, that doesn't rely on 2 titles.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 10:33:51 pm »

Sorry but gameplay has nothing to do with the hardware.

About the controller I always liked the PS controller, however I never had the chance to try out the Xbox one.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 11:59:02 pm »

Gameplay has a lot to do with hardware on consoles because of the crowd they aim to please within the console type. Gamecube, for example, isn't popular with FPS (from what I've seen). I liked my "Logitech Cordless Mouse" until I bought a MX700, which I thought was the best until I tried the MX1000.

John Lennon
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 09:22:34 pm »

Anyone who thinks Forza Motorsport isn't going to blow GT4 out of the water is just a PS2 fanboy.

Forza is looking to be the most realistic, best looking racing game to date. Sure it only has 233 cars compared to GT4's 700+, but who really needs that many?

Xbox all the way. PS2 really doesn't have shit for games coming out in the next year when compared to the Xbox.

On another note, has anyone seen the shots of the next-gen game 'Condemned', it's being published by Sega for the Xbox 2 and PS3. There is a huge article about it in the most recent Game Informer.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Macfan
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 11:54:14 pm »

Mauti,

You should wait for a PSP.  I hear GT4 looks amazing on it and you will have games wherever you go.  Mine is already on reserve Smiley
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 04:43:15 pm »

OK lets get 1 thing straight here.  Mysterio has been totally on the ball here.  Although PS2 does have xbox beat when it comes to game variety, there are more games on PS2, but Xbox totally blows PS2 out of the water, for many reasons, primarily the graphics and the fact that gaming is all about MP gameplay, not SP.  and when talking about MP, PS2's got nuttin on Xbox...

Btw, Brothers In Arms, is going to be released on March 12th, everyone who has Xbox, go out and buy this game, its incredible!! 

Last thing, my gamertag for Xbox Live is Xo N0MAD oX (keep in mind if you want to add me to yer BL, that the 0 in N0MAD is not the letter O, but the number 0)

Also, do you guys who have xbox also have the app Xbox Live Friends for your Mac?  it allows you see who on yer BL is online and what game they are playing, rather than having to log on the Xbox site and seeing there.  It looks alot like iChat, just lists yer buddies there and it only runs off Panther.

The King of Pistoleros
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 06:06:41 pm »

Different opinion - for me console is much less about playing mp than a Mac or PC, contrary single player is very important for myself. I can hardly imagine console mp playing being as communicative as computer based mp.

However I don't care that much about pure graphics - I still love to play a few of my favourite PS1 games. It's about gameplay and not just some pixels more or less.

Well another reason to buy the PS2, except for these 2 games, is that I have a lot of PS1 peripheral devices I can still use with my PS2. No to mention all the games that I have bought since 1995(damn that was the beginning of true 3D gaming - only 10 years young)

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads