*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:32:52 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Another reason why Windows suck!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another reason why Windows suck!  (Read 2350 times)
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« on: February 05, 2005, 04:53:39 am »

http://slashdot.org/articles/05/02/04/1947224.shtml?tid=201&tid=166

It is true... So true!

Blitz Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 06:55:34 am »

All the supporters of windows in comments were gamers. They need to learn that computers are mainly for things other than games, and that we have PS2 and xbox for gamers.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 09:44:21 am »

you have a dual G5 for gaming, and making avatars for gaming forums
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 02:27:58 am by cO.Kuza » Logged

is it 2008 yet?
bronto
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 04:12:37 pm »

you don't need any more reasons for why pcs suck..just ask bronto. his computer crashes at least 5 times before it starts working when he turns it on. he can't listen to mp3s and go on the internet at the same time because windows doesn't like to do that, so it'll decide it's put up with enough of my shenanigans and just turn off my computer. i can name at least 6 other simple things that i can't do on my pc that i can do on my shitty g3 that will make my pc either freeze, blue screen/freeze, quit all my programs at once, or just turn off my computer altogether.

also, sometimes when i play a game, my computer starts beeping non stop until i quit and restart the game. it's like it's trying to tell me something.....'beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepisuckbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep'
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 09:37:33 pm »

you have a dual G5 for gaming, and making avatars and for gaming forums

You noob. I try to take that one in humor, but do not assume.  Roll Eyes ..............  lol

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 01:16:05 am »

Actually I got a PC a few weeks ago, and I still haven't had any "floods of viruses" neither have I crashed constantly. Have you tried the Windows XP version? It's quite good.

I just saw the movie "Village" the hardcore mac fans kinda remind me of that community  Grin

Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 02:16:42 am »

I have experienced it the other way around. Windows XP is crappy. The thing is, if you just use it for gaming, it works...but as soon as you dl something you get into trouble.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 02:26:03 am »

Actually I got a PC a few weeks ago, and I still haven't had any "floods of viruses" neither have I crashed constantly. Have you tried the Windows XP version? It's quite good.

Well, I have a PowerMac G5 at home, but have to use a top-of-the-line 3.0GHz Pentium 4 with Windows XP at work.  Now, the main reason I have the computer at work is so that I can run a java application that allows me to order vehicles through Ford Motor Company.  It is optimized for Windows XP, and Ford says that it shouldn't even work on a Mac, by the way.  Yet, it crashes on me at least twice per session at work on the computer it was designed to be used on.  But it has never crashed on my G5 at home, which it shouldn't work on at all.  Go figure.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 03:40:00 am »

New plan GS. Hide a mac mini inside your PC case at work.

John Lennon
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005, 03:48:09 am »

lol, not in GS' case, but that's what too-proud-to-admit-that-Macs-are-better PC guys are going to do now... lol hide a Mac mini in their PC towers.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Forum Whore

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 05:16:08 pm »

I have experienced it the other way around. Windows XP is crappy. The thing is, if you just use it for gaming, it works...but as soon as you dl something you get into trouble.

Nej nej 

It works just fine for anything as long as you re-calibrate the mouse, the default speed is FAST.

GS: Do you have Service Pack2? If you really have that much problems you should get the computer checked somewhere, or are you just exaggerating and making up like all Apple users are when talking about PC's Wink

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 05:37:52 pm »

GS: Do you have Service Pack2? If you really have that much problems you should get the computer checked somewhere, or are you just exaggerating and making up like all Apple users are when talking about PC's Wink

We have a professional IT guy in-house that updates everything to the newest version the day it comes out.  This computer is brand new, by the way...I just got this one about 2 months ago.  I know for a fact that it has Service Pack 2, because I installed that one myself.  By the way, I sold/upgraded/repaired/and did tech support on PC's at night while I was in the military, so I'm not stupid when it comes to PC's.  Windows XP just plain sucks...it has nowhere near the stability of OSX.  Not even close.

I hate working on that computer at all...it is not USER FRIENDLY.
[/size]

P.S.  I come home every day and hug my Mac and tell him how much I love him and missed him that day.  I think my Mac thinks I'm cheating being at work on that PC all day.  Oh, and no exageration...that java application I was talking about literally crashes the computer every time I use it.[/size]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 05:42:16 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

.PaS. Haunted

Leader of PaS

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 05:44:12 pm »

I have a pc... And yes it does get flodded with spyware... And it is prolly less stable than the mac (or what brutha told me anyway) But the main reasons that makes me wanna stick with the pc are:
1: Cheaper games
2: More Games
3: More overall competible
4: Cheaper
5: Many many more programs to run

Now i could prolly dig up more reasons, but i am lazy... and untill mac gets as competible with everything as a pc, i guess i will live with my 999999 spyware, viruses and crashes

Spinning, further deeper
I know you're out to try me
I'm not in this to be a slave
push the dirt, make me feel
Locate what swallows life Night bird you build my world

In Flames - The quite place...
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2005, 05:50:29 pm »

But the main reasons that makes me wanna stick with the pc are:
1: Cheaper games
2: More Games
3: More overall competible
4: Cheaper
5: Many many more programs to run

1. I pay the same price for my Mac games as you pay for your PC games.
2. More games?  Who cares, I can only handle one or two games anyways because I actually have a life.  I really only play Ghost Recon.  Don't have time to learn anything else anyways.
3. More compatible?  Oh, you mean when you install two programs and one makes the other crash, or the computer crash....yeah, that's the kind of compatibility I'm looking for.
4. Cheaper?  Have you seen the Mac Mini?  Or are you living in a vacuum void of any outside information?
5. Many more programs to run?  Just how many do you need?  Every program made for the PC that you need has a mac counterpart.  There are THOUSANDS of applications out for the mac.  Aside from a few particular games that I wouldn't buy even if they did put them on a mac, I'm not missing anything.
[/size]

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2005, 07:27:02 pm »

More games isn't better per say. When you're on mac, usually you get the quality games brought over only. I suggest whenever you get a Dell flier you look at their "regular price" not the already expired offer, and go to Apple.com/store. You'll find every one of their PCs get the shit beat out of them in terms of true speed and sheer quality. Don't forget to look at "add $_____ for _______" Usually those __________ will be features you really need.

Games are usually $50 unless you're buying from the bargin bin....or MTKA.

Keep in mind when it comes to compatibility every application does has a Mac counterpart, which are 99% of the time compatible with the latest formats.

The fact remains that there's a program for everything on mac. Usually does by smaller companies which surprisingly means more time and effort was put in.

John Lennon
bronto
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2005, 08:08:27 pm »

I HAD WINDOWS XP SP2 PRO EDITION. i switched back to windows ME because it was more reliable... windows is just fucking hopeless ok?
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2005, 08:45:36 pm »

I think I understand why pirating software started.... the poor windows folks need so may anti-virus...firewall and other things.

John Lennon
Forum Whore

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2005, 09:26:33 pm »

Seriously, if you haven't seen "The village" check it out, and compare the behaviour of the elders in that village with some of the posts here (and mac fans in general) you'll laugh your ass off  Smiley

I don't know what you've done with your PC's, but all you really need to do is to get applications to counter the threats. I use F-secure Anti-virus 2005, it handles viruses, spyware, the whole deal, no hazzle, no nothing.

I must have gotten the only properly working PC in the universe, what are the chances of that.. .
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 09:29:34 pm by Toxic::Joka » Logged

bronto
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2005, 10:18:14 pm »

don't tell people to watch the village what the hell are you thinking? don't give the idiots who made that crap suck piece of ameteur shit any of your fucking money it's terrible.
.PaS. Haunted

Leader of PaS

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 12:04:19 am »

odd enough i do find mac games more expensive...

Also if u have a mac... and pc friends... a voice program is hard to get... (just aks brutha)

Spinning, further deeper
I know you're out to try me
I'm not in this to be a slave
push the dirt, make me feel
Locate what swallows life Night bird you build my world

In Flames - The quite place...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads