*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:16:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Thankyou
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thankyou  (Read 2729 times)
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« on: January 25, 2005, 07:46:19 pm »

If i could thank the People who worked to release the inmates at Guantanamo Bay:

Thank-you for finally releasing four British Citizens from Camp Delta after three years of imprisonment. Finally they have been released without charge. They have finally flown home to the safety of a legal system and the rights as humans that they deserve - On arrival in the UK Each man was arrested under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000, covering alleged involvement in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

I just hope one day all the other prisoners will be released, unfortunately who knows if or when.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 09:04:07 pm »

clapping hands  clapping hands  clapping hands  clapping hands

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 10:08:54 pm »

On the topic of prisoners, where the scientists who were "developing WMD in Iraq" ever released?

This is good news though.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 01:34:58 pm »

To my knowledge they have conveniently "disappeared" Who knows where the hell they are.

Quick question for you guys: Is any of the following treatment n your opinion humane:

• Being kept in isolation for 18 months in a windowless cell
• Not being able to go outside to exercise etc.
• No guards (replaced with cameras) to prevent any form of human contact - complete isolation.
• Repeatedly injected with an unknown substance that triggered psychosis

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 03:16:30 pm »

To my knowledge they have conveniently "disappeared" Who knows where the hell they are.

Quick question for you guys: Is any of the following treatment n your opinion humane:

• No guards (replaced with cameras) to prevent any form of human contact - complete isolation.

I bet our American POW's who were held by the North Vietnamese, many for over 7 years, would have called that kind of treatment "heaven" compared to what they got.  These people are terrorists...it wouldn't bother me in the least if they were tortured to DEATH.  Hey, you may feel differently, BFG...but then again it wasn't your country that got attacked on September 11, 2001.  Sure, not all Americans feel the same way I do about this...but there are a great multitude that do.  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 03:36:13 pm »

Ghost-sniper they have just been released by the US because they havn't bloody done anything it seems. Surely your government isn't stupid enough to let them go if they [uactually had been involved in terrorist activities[/u]

And sorry but please can you just redefine what you mean when you refer to people as "terrorists" If people fight against an invading force are they terrorists?

And you feel this behavior is justified just because it was done by the North Vietnamese? thats like the "well they do it so its ok if we do" I thought u were all meant to be setting an example to the rest of the world? well lets follow that principle. We have nuclear weapons so its fine if Korea have them. China has an appalling record of human rights abuse, so its ok if we do?  America is polluting the world so its ok if we do? Insurgents in Iraq are kidnapping and murdering civilian contractors - so its ok if we do the same to them?

Talk about double standards.

Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 03:54:30 pm »

I bet our American POW's who were held by the North Vietnamese, many for over 7 years, would have called that kind of treatment "heaven" compared to what they got.  These people are terrorists...it wouldn't bother me in the least if they were tortured to DEATH.  Hey, you may feel differently, BFG...but then again it wasn't your country that got attacked on September 11, 2001.  Sure, not all Americans feel the same way I do about this...but there are a great multitude that do.  Wink

What? all of them are terrorists?? Nope, don't believe that. Where are the evidence? And hang on there, you justify Guantanamo Bay by saying that North Vietnam were worse 30 years ago? You attitude towards this scare me. No, i am not physically scared of YOU, but the whole attitude that you share with so many others in your "glorious" country. Perhaps we should demand that your coutnry disarm itself. Let the UN weapons inspectors in to check your WMD's because you have a lot. And to think that a person with your attitude sits with the power to destroy the planet(I just hope he dosn't believe in the apocalypse...). That scares me.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 03:58:40 pm »

Ghost-sniper they have just been released by the US because they havn't bloody done anything it seems. Surely your government isn't stupid enough to let them go if they actually had been involved in terrorist activities

My question to you is this....if they didn't do anything wrong, then why did the government of Great Britain arrest them as soon as they set foot in your country after we released them???

Stop acting like these people are INNOCENT!!!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 04:01:42 pm »

They might be, and they might not be. Torture is in either case unnacceptable. Thats it. You can't even argue for torture. As soon as you do that, you become like the terrorist.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 04:07:45 pm »

1. Gonna answer any of the other points we posted or ignore them completely GS?

2. To answer your question. they were arrested under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000, covering alleged involvement in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism... Notice the word alleged Obviously the British intelligence service have about as much respect for the US intelligence as u have for other peoples lives it seems... and they want to do their own questioning to try and find out what has really being going on ... Somehow i don't think the british government would be very popular with the US if they just let them go straight away - kinda makes a mockery of your intelligence system if we did which i'm sure the Bush loving Tony Blair wouldn't want - heaven fobid we damange our 'special relationship' .  plus they want to question the 4 guys about the treatment etc while in 'detention'... considering the alleged crimes committed against our Civilians and the alleged  breaches of the Geneva Convention.

I didn't say they were all innocent, hell only one of them has been charged with anything by the US which was the fact he was in Afghanistan when the US invaded... and is alleged to have been to a training camp.

I assume they are innocent because we are yet to have been shown or know of a single shred of evidence to suggest otherwise... Over here our jusice system works that we assume people are innocent until proven guilty ... I believe you work in reverse.

Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 04:14:29 pm »

I am wondering, what about that one swedish guy? He was released and they could find no evidence against him, so they didn't even arrest him in Sweden. All I saw was a tired young man on TV with no love for America. I wonder why? Being locked in Guantanamo Bay is something you have to expect when you visit your native country.

seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 07:08:53 pm »

• Being kept in isolation for 18 months in a windowless cell: not relevant at this point
• Not being able to go outside to exercise etc. : some things are worse than that
• No guards (replaced with cameras) to prevent any form of human contact - complete isolation. not relevant at this point
• Repeatedly injected with an unknown substance that triggered psychosis: that, in my opinion, shouldnt be allowed without proper medical attention, wich i'm pretty sure they didnt get.

Anyway, i'm not as concerned about what is being done to those guys as i am worried about them not having legal advice. Another way to put this is to say that as soon as its a fact that the guy is a scum, wether or not you beat the shit outta him is not going to make me cry. But you gotta be sure its a bad guy first !

OMG another 4 years !!!
Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 07:41:16 pm »

Not the right place, or the right time, Dark.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2005, 09:53:16 pm »

Dark thats not even mildly amusing and is just pretty sick considering the subject. Have you not read anything in this thread? Do us a favor and just delete it.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 03:28:42 am »

I would like to say sorry for my inapropriate comments, and would like to apologize to those whom I have offended by saying such silly things, I guess I just got done getting caught up in the Spam box and hadnt adjusted to decent forum behaviour again.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 05:26:41 am »

Not the right place, or the right time, Dark.

Dark thats not even mildly amusing and is just pretty sick considering the subject. Have you not read anything in this thread? Do us a favor and just delete it.

I would like to say sorry for my inapropriate comments, and would like to apologize to those whom I have offended by saying such silly things, I guess I just got done getting caught up in the Spam box and hadnt adjusted to decent forum behaviour again.

Personally, I think you guys are getting a little stupid.  He just made a joke.  And I thought it was pretty damn funny myself.  I think Brutha and BFG need to get laid.[/size]

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 05:30:28 am »

Well, GS I guess others see it differently than ourselves, to me life is like a box of choc... wrong movie sorry, Life is like cake put it, "as soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time" so life is a big joke,  its always best to have fun and try and see the bright side of thigns rather than dwelling on the negative.  I do (and did) retract my statement because it offended some, but It was a joke and all in fun.  And I am sorry that my fun was not shared by those not of the USA.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2005, 10:23:55 am »

Personally I think some ppl need to get some moral values. It is not as if I am not up for a joke, but I get offended when a young person comes in and tries to be funny in a thread that isn't funny. This thread is a very serious one, and Dark will not be allowed to spam this one up just because he wants attention. These next lines go to both(though Dark has retracted his statemen, this is a little reminder for future referance) If you think you can make jokes of the misfortunes of the people currently being held at Guantanamo Bay, sitting there between two worlds, being held without trial, then you are sadly mistaken. Thats shows only questionable moral character. GS, you fail to answer BFG's questions and you jump on the first possible oppurtunity to make fun of us to take the easy way out. Fine, that tells us something about you.

Yes Dark, life always seems brighter when you look at the bright side, but there is no bright side to the discussion of Guantanamo Bay. There is just the America breaking about every human right when it comes to the prisoners. Charge them or set them free. And do not give me more "terrorist" crap, because I have yet to see any evidence brought forth to prove that. They defended Afghanistan when America attacked.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2005, 04:06:34 pm »

What I am saying to you, Brutha, and you, BFG, is this:

There are far worse acts of "torture" and other horrible treatment of people, going on right now all around the world.  Yet you guys want to fuck with America.  Well, when I see you talking about how the Chinese Communists are treating their OWN people, AS WE SPEAK, or some of the acts of genocide, occuring AS WE SPEAK, all around the world...then I might take some consideration as to what you say we are doing to these FUCKING SCUM BAG TERRORISTS!  I don't give a flying fuck what we do to get information out of a person who may hold information that could prevent future attacks on America.  I'm sorry, but it JUST DOESN'T BOTHER ME!!!  But in the future, you guys might want to go condemn some of the really horrible people in this world...Like the Communist Chinese, and the governments that continue to commit genocide all over the world, most notably in Africa.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2005, 04:14:07 pm »

Just because there is worse and similar acts going on in other parts of the world does not condone these actions. Yes. Perhaps America and the UK should have focused a little more on the actual source of Terrorist attacks etc... and rather than going to pick on Iraq perhaps looked at Israel and Palestine.

If you look at your own language and behavior just on this forum i'm astonished you are surprised at the disgust that the world has for the Actions of America..

And all four "FUCKING SCUM BAG TERRORISTS" were released WITHOUT CHARGE because they aren't terrorists. Congratulations to your Intelligence services, perhaps they could try teaching your President to point out the different Continents of the globe before running around accusing people of being terrorists.. Apparently they are spending more time discussing the accusations of abuse and Torture carried out by Americans holding them in Guantanamo bay than anything about them being Terrorists.

If you have no respect for human life why should anyone attacking you, why should any 'terrorist' care a damn? After all GS you said it yourself, Your going to reap what you sow.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads