*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:41:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Playoffs!
Poll
Question: whos gonna win the super bowl
Colts - 1 (3.6%)
Patriots - 10 (35.7%)
Steelers - 8 (28.6%)
Eagles - 6 (21.4%)
Falcons - 3 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Playoffs!  (Read 1659 times)
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« on: January 17, 2005, 12:52:45 am »

Wanna see who you chumps think is gonna win it all.

Lets see how many of you jump on the band wagon... again

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 01:22:14 am »

Um, my team isn't on your list, so I don't really care![/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 01:46:33 am »

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 01:52:47 am »

Lets see how many of you jump on the band wagon... again

**Note... I've lived in New England and have been a Pats fan my entire life (Hence my Pats/Sox affiliations). So shove your bandwagon where the sun don't shine!

clapping hands

Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 01:54:30 am »

I voted Pats because Typhy and snipe both seem to like them... and they won the couple of times I watched them.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
SanitarySal
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 01:57:08 am »

I voted for the Eagles, but I am curious as to how you define bandwagon.   I dont think there is a bandwagon favorite to win the superbowl.  Besides anyone that follows profootball is already on the bandwagon.   Face it, it is a bandwagon sport.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 02:13:20 am »

Yeah snipe, pats all the way baby. They shut down the colts and they can shut down the steelers and move on to yet another superbowl.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 02:39:44 am »

Go Seahawks! Woohoo! 2005 baby! Yea-Oh, what's that?  They got their asses kicked? AGAIN!?  I hate Seattle's sports teams.   Sad

-A broken hearted Lone
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 02:54:06 am by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 02:48:37 am »

Hmm, ok, so the Super Bowl is next week between the Steelers and the Patriots. I'm not convinced by how Big Ben is playing and I think the Patriots just have better experience and people who know how to play.

For what it is worth, I think they'll beat the Falcons, Philly was playing a weak Minn team (I love the Vikings but I'm not sure they belonged in the playoffs...though they belonged as much as everyone but the top two teams on the NFC side) and Atlanta has a better Defense.

Patriots over Falcons.

P.S. I think Troy Brown should get some sort of award for playing DB so much. He has to be one of the best team players in history, filling wherever he is needed.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 03:23:49 am »

P.S. I think Troy Brown should get some sort of award for playing DB so much. He has to be one of the best team players in history, filling wherever he is needed.

Agreed.

*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 03:35:21 am »

I honestly don't care I'm a Panthers / Bills fan. I liked the Panthers before everyone else when they had Kerry Collins back in the day and Bills because it's my New York team.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2005, 03:43:14 am »

So yeah, what about them Titans?  Ehh my other team is the Eagles so go TO!  And Jevon Kearse will eat your soul for breakfast.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2005, 02:26:19 pm »

Well, my teams are the Vikings and Broncos...both known for fast starts, soul-crushing choking in the second half, and (if they slip in) playoff mediocrity. Fitting that both are members of the four Super Bowl loss category (though the Broncos temporarily relieved the pain with two wins.)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2005, 03:37:26 pm »

I liked the Panthers before everyone else

lol...

Who else likes the Panthers??

lol

:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2005, 08:07:51 pm »

Even thought I rarely watch football I have to support my local team.. Wink

Go Pat's!

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2005, 09:16:42 pm »

I've gotta go with the Pats, now that my Packers utterly fucked up against the Vikings. Look at the way Corey Dillon played against the Colts. The Pats lost 34-20 against the Steelers last time without Dillon or Troy Brown. I think Pittsburg will have all sorts of problems moving the ball against the Pats defense. I expect a low scoring game, maybe 17-14, New England.

NFC: Everytime I pick the Eagles they let me down. The only real difference between this Eagles team and the team that lost last year to Carolina is the play of Brian Westbrook. If TO were in the lineup, I'd take the Eagles. Without him, I think they'll have trouble moving the ball against the Falcons defense. Vick will have a good day. Another game that I expect to be close, maybe 27-21.

Super Bowl: The speed of the New England linebackers will help contain Michael Vick and prevent him from any big gains on the ground. With Troy Browns play at CB getting better every week, the Patriots have a complete secondary. I expect the Falcons offense to become frustrated, and the Pats D to cause lots of turnovers. Behind Dillon's running and Brady's short passes, I expect the Pats to control the ball for the majority of the game. Pats 31-16.

The two best teams in the league play in the AFC Championship, that'll be the game to watch.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2005, 11:20:56 pm »

Hmm, ok, so the Super Bowl is next week between the Steelers and the Patriots. I'm not convinced by how Big Ben is playing and I think the Patriots just have better experience and people who know how to play.

Superbowl? No, Its the last week of playoffs. Pats v. Pitts. and Philly v. Atlanta.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2005, 11:27:48 pm »

Steelers take it all. Just you wait and see...

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2005, 11:48:30 pm »

Superbowl? No, Its the last week of playoffs. Pats v. Pitts. and Philly v. Atlanta.

*cough* I was implying that the AFC champion is such a lock to win the actual super bowl, that the AFC Championship is what really determines the Super Bowl Wink
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005, 04:21:24 am »

ya, i understand now, must have read it to quickly i guess...

Anyways, a Brady v Vick matchup in the superbowl would be something interesting to watch. Vick has the ability to elude even the best Defence.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads