*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:23:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  iGame
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iGame  (Read 3076 times)
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2004, 11:17:32 pm »

sry for the double post.....

Start using your 5 years of knowlage before your assumtions click in.

Ok, take the contact page again, I will paste it this time before they change it, and you can not call me a liar again.

Questions, comments, suggestions, feedback, are more then welcomed. All emails will be read, but replys cannot be guaranteed.

now, to me this whole sentence reads wrong.

Questions, comments, suggestions and feedback are more than welcome. All emails will be read, but replys can not be guaranteed.

So, yeah the website needs work, if I can pick up on these things other people will.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2004, 12:23:15 am »

Perhaps the application itself will be more important onwig.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2004, 12:38:23 am »

- Onwig also just remember we're brits - its comes natural to us (well it should, im just a retard) i know for a fact that not all the development team are brits so it would hard to expect everything to be in perfect english Wink

Then again like myst says - wait til you see the app - It really is pretty sweet Smiley

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2004, 01:31:31 am »

Objection:

BFG = BLAH!

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2004, 01:49:13 am »

The iGame section is up... limited info, but they seem to be moving along..  Grin

http://www.triage-software.com/igame/

John Lennon
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2004, 01:18:56 pm »

Anybody here who's going to beta-test it ?
BFG perhaps  Wink.

PS BFG will it be a  "homer" style dance , with tiptoeing and giggling ?

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2004, 02:51:36 pm »

Well the version i did use was a very very early version... id love to see how its changed though.

Yes most definatly homer style, giggling is paramount but i shall be also looking to include little touches of finger dancing while pirouetting on my tootsies Wink Still trying find an alternative to castrating myself though for the desired pitch of girly voice when the singing commences Wink

Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2004, 03:41:40 pm »

Are the guys who's making this from within this community?

A beta is scheduled to be available Christmas weekend to friends and family.

How's life BFG ol' buddy ol' pal. Anything I can get you? Just let me know, and merry christmas and a happy new year  Wink

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2004, 05:29:43 pm »

Don't pay attention to him BFG, he's just using you. But seriously, if there is anything I can do for you. My family has connections in the British Gov. I could make life a little bit easier for you. Anyone you need killed?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2004, 07:08:07 pm »

Still trying find an alternative to castrating myself though for the desired pitch of girly voice when the singing commences Wink

Scissors? Or try giving a mate a lot to drink and tie your "trouser snake" to the bathroom door(with piano strings or guitar strings) and hope that he really really really has to go. That should do the trick(and in case you only mean your balls, then thats gonna work too)

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2004, 08:04:29 pm »

lol... i see they changed the contact page again
TriageSoft
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2004, 10:17:13 pm »

Hello there, I am a developer from Triage Software, I am here to say that community and providing a good service is our utmost goal, this is a small note as I do not have much time at the moment, but I would like to ask to the community of *DAMN what features you find important, what you would like to see, and any other miccellanious things you like.  Now is your chance to make a difference in the way this program works!

However we will only reply constructive questions.

Last evening I rewrote the chat system, here is a screenshot, custom emotions and themes are also supported.

Enjoy.
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2004, 11:52:37 am »

I really wonder how this app is gonna turn out, though it will give an alternative, it will still have a really hard time competiting with GameRanger.

Oh and a question, have you guys thought about how the webview is on slow machines? It won't update that fast, and won't be able to handle big chats like the construct or B&G. And the webview makes this app only workable on 10.3.x and up. It won't work on 10.1 nor 10.2.

Oh and onwig, it's "replies".

SanitarySal
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2005, 09:31:40 pm »

Features....

It has been said (with some truth even) that a business will not succeed unless it has a nitch.   What is your nitch, because an alternative to GameRanger, however noble is not a nitch.

What is a nitch you may ask?   Being the first is by nature a nitch.   Im not sure what your nitch is, I do hope you have one.

One thing could sort of be considered a nitch and not ALL that costly is to host a few of the games you propose to bring people in for.  Scott Kevill puts this on the backs of his users.

As for features, I can think of one that would be cool.   Call it the "honor Dual"

Basically this would take the ebay model of a "transaction" and turn it into an agreed upon DUAL, for which a winner would pronounced (perhaps by a neutral third party) the winner would gain a point (rating) the loser would lose a point.   And feedback could be left on both sides.

I think that would be sweet and could be the equiv to AA's "honor"

I was playing AA the other day and I was thinking how insultingly rude the players are to each other.  Then I recalled the GhostREcon days where after every game nearly every player acknowledged the enemy by saying GG, or NT or whatever.   There is a good deal of good will in the mac community (and some ill-will).   And I think it would be interesting to try to incorporate that into a chat program.

I want to RE-present some business model ideas that you might be well advised to pursue...

If you want to bring in a VERY large mac chat community to your company you might look into working with AOL and its instant messenger program.   AOL is in serious financial dumps because it is losing its customer base to broadband.  Subsequentially, they are trying anything they can to maintain the value of their stock, this is where Triage might come in.....you see if you can add an additional service to AOL, that cost them little to nothing they might be willing to work with you.   What would really put thing s over the top is if they could do a similar thing with PC users.  Using the argument of the growing demand for online gaming, I think AOL could be all ears.

There is another factor here:   GameSpy is apparently trying to drop Mac support for AA, leaving a mac community desiring an alternative.   (I found it very interesting Scott Kevill was 'previewing' a well overdue version of PC GameRanger right at the same time GameSpy is rumored of dropping Mac support.)   It should would be a financial coup for anyone to win a contract to support AA for macs.  It seems there is some business potential to tie in AA, AOL IM, and a mac Gaming community devloper and If I had any sort of money to invest I would pursue it myself (Because this business of net-gaming is in it's infancy).

Of course you could try to involve software companies playing one versus the others.  For example if Aspyr highhats you, go to one of the smaller aspiring ones...and look for assistance: promotion of their company vs. finacial or technical help.

My 32 cents.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 09:43:32 pm by SanitarySal » Logged
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2005, 10:39:16 pm »

Then I recalled the GhostREcon days where after every game nearly every player acknowledged the enemy by saying GG, or NT or whatever

And we still do, without fail Wink

Honour system sounds entreaging but i have no idea how you you would implement it... btw are you aware of the "Karma" feature on the forums etc?

Daf One

gloop, inc.

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2005, 01:24:51 am »

Nevermind the website loaded.  One thing I'd like to see is what and how games will be supported in iGame.  Will it be auto-Ip joining like Gameranger does it, implementing iGame into the game somehow, or something else.  The Chat Window looks really clutterd to me, I don't want to have 20 little rectangle windows.  Also, when is the beta test and how the hell did SanitarySal get such a large avatar?

Cheers,
Beer
one
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 01:31:38 am by Daf One » Logged

Enjoy the Classic.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2005, 01:44:49 am »

Then I recalled the GhostREcon days where after every game nearly every player acknowledged the enemy by saying GG, or NT or whatever

And we still do, without fail Wink

Honour system sounds entreaging but i have no idea how you you would implement it... btw are you aware of the "Karma" feature on the forums etc?

WHAT ABOUT THE ROGUE SPEAR DAYS HUNH?! WHO REMEMBERS THOSE?!

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2005, 01:46:56 am »

WHAT ABOUT THE ROGUE SPEAR DAYS HUNH?! WHO REMEMBERS THOSE?!

Rogue Spear?  What is this Rogue Spear?   Huh

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
SanitarySal
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2005, 01:55:19 am »

I am sure the Rogue Spear days were just as friendly, but i didnt play that in MP mode.  I was however kick ass and hosting the multiplayer mode of Ghost Recon as early as December 2002 and it was typically more cordial than your average AA game.

I dont know how I got this big avatar, but I kind of like it.    

BFG, I have no familiarity with the Karma feature, but I think you mean in relation to the honor feature I was speaking of.

Honor was a kickass idea by the AA people.   It kind of squashed the whole "noob" calling bickering that goes on on GameRanger.   On AA you dont have noobs calling vets a noob just because they havnt logged in in awhile.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2005, 02:09:35 am »

That's 'cause GR people think only the ones who've been here since the Civil War are leet.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads