*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:20:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  iGame
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iGame  (Read 3051 times)
xoclipse

ownage

« on: December 18, 2004, 05:08:48 am »

hey guys, i wanted to give you some legitimate information on iGame. I'm sure many of you have heard of this new gaming service named "iGame". From what i've read on the forums there has been lots of disbelief that it exists. I wanted to let everyone know that iGame does exist. iGame is being devleoped by Triage Software, a new software development company for the Macintosh. I personally know the people developing it right now, and they are a great bunch of guys. You can visit their website at http://triage-software.com .

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 05:16:45 am »

Let there be light.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 09:25:35 am »

Let the games begin...

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 12:31:24 pm »

Thanks Xoclipse Wink

** Goes off to prepare for his performance of "i told you so la la la" in a girly voice" **

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 03:44:45 pm »

Wonder what Scott Kevill thinks of this development in Macintosh Gaming...

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 05:26:13 pm »

Why don't you ask him? I for one won't be mentioning it on gameranger.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 06:02:21 pm »

Nice, I for one thought it was a hoax  Lips Sealed

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 06:28:11 pm »

The page won't load for me. It says "page not found." Can anyone post the SS/info if availible?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 06:29:41 pm »

I'm sure they will get out more info soon. I wonder how it's gonna be vs GR? Will it be fee or not?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 06:44:49 pm »

I think whoever "founded" that company should have looked up the word Triage in a dictionary before naming their company after it.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 07:11:38 pm »

?A process for sorting injured people into groups based on their need for or likely benefit from immediate medical treatment. Triage is used in hospital emergency rooms, on battlefields, and at disaster sites when limited medical resources must be allocated.

?A system used to allocate a scarce commodity, such as food, only to those capable of deriving the greatest benefit from it.

?A process in which things are ranked in terms of importance or priority: ?For millions of Americans, each week becomes a stressful triage between work and home that leaves them feeling guilty, exhausted and angry? (Jill Smolowe).

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 07:21:03 pm »

Not all that bad.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2004, 07:23:55 pm »

I for one thought it was a hoax

The others are queuing up behind you mate Wink

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2004, 07:28:38 pm »

I have a feeling BFG had about as much knowledge of this as anyone else.

John Lennon
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2004, 08:08:17 pm »

Latest news, I was just talking to one of the guys in charge and they are going to try to get AA 2.1 server hosting/joining to truely work off iGame GR. If they are doing stuff like this I think GR is going to have a run for their money...

John Lennon
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 08:34:57 pm »

I am still laughing at the website.... the type and the paragraphs are all over the place, silly things like a missing ":" on the last link on the contact page, perhaps i am being over critical and more down to the 5yrs of design work that I have done and see mistakes like this easily.

The site doesnt even work properly in Internet Explorer (even though i dont use that, but i know a lot of people do).

As for the name... if i split it down a little

Tri = 3 people behind this...
Age = for all ages?

btw, where are the screen shots?.

I doubt i will fully believe all this until it actually gets launched if it ever does, on the website it says started in early 2003, thats two years of development, hell, this thing should be able to make me coffee and stir it.

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 09:21:00 pm »

I am still laughing at you.

Where's the ":" ? Either your lieing or they fixed it, after all. It seems they never released this website from one of the owners and just a friend. Start using your 5 years of knowlage before your assumtions click in.

I too noticed the IE problem as well, i do hope they fix it. it would be nice to view it from my PC, yet again its seems its still being worked on.

As for the name? Who gives a rats ass on your definition, hell it could have a whole new meaning by itself. I dont know who the hell this company is nor need to sink low enough to misinterperate the name.

You have the sightest clue how much work goes into services like GameRanger, this shit doesnt happen overnight. And im sure the website is a gigantic bluff.  Shocked
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2004, 10:45:03 pm »

Guest....

That was comical - mind you most posts that are posted under "guest" are pretty funny.
Suggestion you shut up untill you have actually had the experience of running this software on your computer.The work on iGame has been going on for a long time -  Nobody said it happened over night.

onwig 2 years for somthing like this between a small group of developers isn't that long - as for believing, you don't have to wait that long. - looks like the website needs some more work doing to it though i agree

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 10:54:52 pm »

BLAH!

John Lennon
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2004, 11:09:14 pm »

Where's the ":" ? Either your lieing or they fixed it, after all. It seems they never released this website from one of the owners and just a friend. Start using your 5 years of knowlage before your assumtions click in.

Guest, at least have the nerve to log in as someone we know... why would i lie about something like that, and yes it appears to have been updated.

As for the name? Who gives a rats ass on your definition, hell it could have a whole new meaning by itself. I dont know who the hell this company is nor need to sink low enough to misinterperate the name.

So now, no one can have an opinion?, loads of people seem to have opinions on gameranger, especially the way Evill runs it, I would hardly see my definition of the name as a problem, how was i misinterperating the name?, There is a company near where i live called Trimac ... it was called that because 3 people own it and it is a mac reseller.... no-where in my definition of the name was being low.... just read my post next time, and have the ball's to say who you are.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads