*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 12:18:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Christopher Reeve and Ken Caminiti deceased.  (Read 1087 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: October 11, 2004, 06:21:44 pm »

"Christopher Reeve, who portrayed a hero in the "Superman" films and embodied one as an advocate for spinal cord research after being paralyzed in an accident, has died. He was 52."

I had a great deal of respect for Christopher Reeve and all that he did with his life. I'm sad to see him go.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 09:41:22 pm by -MP5-SNiPE-a2- » Logged

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 06:26:38 pm »

An excellent baseball player, though he struggled with steroid and cocaine problems throughout his life, has also passed away: Ken Caminiti.

Ken Caminiti, the 1996 NL MVP, died of a heart attack at 41 on Sunday
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 06:27:54 pm by -MP5-SNiPE-a2- » Logged

Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 06:48:24 pm »

For some reason I always thought that Mr. Reeve would suceed. He was always so upbeat and positive about his whole situation. It's a shame that he was never able to do it...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 10:20:59 pm by Spike.aHa » Logged

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 07:10:37 pm »

Reeve's death is a sad news.

OMG another 4 years !!!
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 07:43:36 pm »

I dont think many people realize the impact Reeves has had on the world of people that are disabled and non-disabled.  Unfortunately, research is such a slow and painful process, but its the key for cures....so plz support Reeves by either acknowleding his work and donating if you can or simply making wise decisions next you think of doing something risky with your body.  God bless Reeves.

The King of Pistoleros
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 08:23:56 pm »

Jesus i didn't expect that. God damn i had a hell of a lot of time and respect for Reeves. that is sad sad news Sad

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 09:20:47 pm »

isnt his last name "Reeve", not "Reeves"... kinda strange how so many of his fans can't even get his name right.

Lips Sealed

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 09:40:59 pm »

isnt his last name "Reeve", not "Reeves"... kinda strange how so many of his fans can't even get his name right.

Lips Sealed

You're right Gabe. My mistake. But that doesn't mean I have any less respect for him.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2004, 12:13:23 am »

Don't fuck from the point: He dedicated the rest of his life using his position to gather support and recognition for research into spinal injurys - but more specifically into the battle to allow Stem Cell research.

Somthing which bush continually blocks... Even most Republicans with a brain don't agree with him. Apparently a Cell is a life and his argument is that you cant kill a life to save a life.

Its a fucking cell George. Its about saving peoples lives or at least giving them some form of comfort. Perhaps you shouldn't wash becasue you are killing all that bacteria.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 01:02:28 am »

No, no, I think Bush's argument is that the fetuses which are used to derive stem cells are lives. I kind of sympathize with that position--if you've seen the video of the fetuses screaming as they're forced through a meat grinder feet first... oh wait, they're ALREADY dead when the stem cells are derived! If getting stem cells for research involved killing fetuses, I might be able to sympathize with Bush's Anti-Abortion-esque viewpoint. But the fetuses used would be dead whether they're used for stem cell research or not.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 01:37:09 am »

Lips Sealed

We simply didnt put an apostraphy before the "s"...really no biggy.  You'll notice that I didnt put one on the word "didnt" here.  Do it all the time, same as u=you, etc

The King of Pistoleros
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2004, 01:38:08 am »

Perhaps you shouldn't wash becasue you are killing all that bacteria.

VERY good comparison, GJ.

The King of Pistoleros
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 01:45:05 am »

There was no place in your posts where there should have been an apostrophe, Noms. Also, it was a good comparison based on a flawed opinion of Bush's opinion. So, not so hot.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads