*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:31:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  another port comming for CoD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: another port comming for CoD  (Read 1141 times)
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« on: October 09, 2004, 10:52:33 am »

http://macologist.osxgamefiles.com/portal.php?topic_id=538

check it out

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 11:10:52 am »

Good lord, about time. The day UO was released, the only CoD server I played on, which I had only discovered about a week before, switched to UO. Since that day, I've been waiting to get it so that I can play on that server again.

Also, since UO all the CTF servers have switched to UO, which has CTF built-in. I'm bored to tears of all the other game types; CTF is the One True Game. I WANT MY CTF DAMNIT!

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 08:28:08 pm »

United Offensive is fantastic. Some parts of the Russian Campaign are nearly impossible, for example, you must, with your sniper rifle, protect engineers as they run across a massive battle field with snipers on all sides. That part alone took me about 50 tries.

The multiplayer adds vehicles ( tanks, jeeps ). Driving tanks in UO is the same as driving them in the tank mission in COD.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 10:22:32 pm »

That part alone took me about 50 tries.

What difficult level were you playing on?  hardest?  It reminds me when I played the SP of CoD, during the russian campaign when you had to clear the 4 story building (Pavlov Map on MP) of germans and tanks, that took me easily 100 tries.

The King of Pistoleros
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 11:15:10 pm »

I found it far harder than clearing the four story building. I was on veteran.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Baumer

Baumer

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 08:26:43 pm »

Call of Duty: United Offensive will be much more difficult than the original game.  I have read a few good reviews of the expansion pack, and the big change to the SP mode is that the enemy is continuously respawned.  So, once you kill a group of Germans, more will soon appear (Unlike the original CoD where the Germans did not respawn).  The reviews said that in order to complete the SP mode, one needed to constantly save the game and memorize the enemy movements, and the only way to stop the respawning Germans was to advance your squad past an "invisible line".  

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 08:41:51 pm »

Well, personally, I consider saving cheating, except when the game does it automatically.

I imagine SP would be pretty easy on Greenhorn. Even when you have to protect people, the real problem is that whenever you stick your head up, you die, because 30 enemies are popping surpressing fire over your head.

Baumer

Baumer

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 11:28:59 pm »

On a side note, Typhy - I have never before heard anyone being accused of "cheating" in a single player game, lol. ----  I guess maybe you are cheating yourself of spending additional time on a game???

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004, 11:38:10 pm »

On a side note, Typhy - I have never before heard anyone being accused of "cheating" in a single player game, lol. ----  I guess maybe you are cheating yourself of spending additional time on a game???

I guess maybe you're cheating yourself out of life by making such useless and pathetic comments?

You can win any single player game if you save every 5 seconds, that's no measure of skill. Were you actually trying to pick a fight with me, or were you just talking out of your ass --- or both?

Baumer

Baumer

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2004, 12:00:21 am »

I apologize Typhy.  I will no longer contest the point.  Please excuse such a pathetic comment.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2004, 01:47:02 am »

I apologize Typhy.  I will no longer contest the point.  Please excuse such a pathetic comment.

Sarcastic apology accepted. Wink

KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2004, 01:49:58 am »

Watch out baumer those eskimos are touchy!  Grin

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads