*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:01:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Emulators?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Emulators?  (Read 891 times)
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« on: September 24, 2004, 07:29:37 pm »

So, super mario is the best game ever. As is Metal Man, and all those nineties snes classics. I just dl'ed an emulator from MacGameFiles, but I don't have any ROMs to play. Does anyone know where I can dl some? And what are you favorites?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 08:09:29 pm »

You mean Mega Man, I assume. : D

Which emulator did you get? I haven't been able to find a good OS X NES emulator, only SNES.

I've gotten all my ROMs from emuchina.net. The site isn't the easiest to navigate, but they've got nearly 100% of all the ROMs ever made, including limited release and homebrew carts.

Bionic Commando rawks (one of my longstanding dreams is to see that game get the Metal Gear Solid treatment), Kirby games are fun, Mega Man 2, City Connection (a launch title, and as addictive as it is primitive), River City Ransom (one of the most entertaining two-player games for the NES), but the game that YOU MUST PLAY OR I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND TAKE YOUR BALLS is...

M.U.L.E. It's a forgotten game, which is sorely disappointing given its quality. The NES version is the bastard offspring of the Commodore 64 version, but since C64 emulators are hard as hell to come by, the NES version will cut the mustard. Play M.U.L.E.!

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 09:26:08 pm »

r0mZ = warez ban

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 09:44:19 pm »

Heh. ROMs for current systems certainly deserve being called warez. ROMs from games which are out of print and unavailable from stores (excepting used-game stores) do not. Downloading the ROM of a game like that is not taking money out of the manufacturer's pocket. There are legal efforts ongoing to get out-of-print ROMs made legal for archival purposes. As the original hardware (both systems and media) gets older and older, the originals will become unplayable. Having the games in ROM form keeps them playable in perpetuity, so the history of games is not lost, and that shouldn't be illegal.

Preserving the history of video games is one of the few things I feel strongly about, all the more so because it's one of the few art forms, along with movies and television, which have come into existence recently enough for its entire history to be known and available to learn from. "Those who do not learn from the mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them," and all that.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 12:03:30 am »

So, super mario is the best game ever. As is Metal Man, and all those nineties snes classics. I just dl'ed an emulator from MacGameFiles, but I don't have any ROMs to play. Does anyone know where I can dl some? And what are you favorites?
I had an snes emulator... Donkey Kong is like the best game ever...

If you're looking for roms you should try and find a KDX or hotline or charraco server.  

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 12:22:16 am »

I downloaded hotline, but I can't figure out how to display a server list Huh anyone?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
emulator
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004, 07:56:28 am »

Deleted - Warez
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 11:01:46 pm by .vooDoo. » Logged
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 08:41:48 am »

I downloaded hotline, but I can't figure out how to display a server list Huh anyone?
you gotta go to a website like http://www.tracker-tracker.com and you can search for servers or trackers (you have to add them manually)

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads