*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 04:15:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  God help us all
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: God help us all  (Read 5874 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2004, 05:23:45 am »

Those are the reasons I am supporting Bush....because I PERSONALLY am better off than I was 4 years ago.? If you aren't, then you can vote for whoever the hell you want.
Ah, the beauty of FREEDOM.

GS, of course you're free to vote for whomever you want.  That's the whole point of an election.  But your overall reason for supporting Bush - because you are better off - fails to account for the millions of other people who are worse off.  Are you really so selfish that you support Bush at the country's expense?
More to the point, an ethics question for you -
Would you knowingly vote for the worse candidate for the nation if it meant you would have material gain?  How much does it take for your vote to be bought?

Ah, but you are forgetting something....I think Bush is the best candidate for President for this Country.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2004, 12:19:15 pm »

Yes, you've made that very clear.  However, you stated as your overriding reason why, that you yourself are better off.  I ask how you can live by that opinion when so many others are not.

Again, hypothetically - would you vote for a worse candidate if the money were right?  How much does it take?

< insert clever and original signature here >
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2004, 06:16:38 pm »

Again, hypothetically - would you vote for a worse candidate if the money were right?? How much does it take?

If we use the previous logic applied to what in GS's eyes makes the better candidate then there cannot be a a situation when he votes for a worse candidate if the money is right - surely which ever candidate is going to make him richer is the best candidate.

Those are the reasons I am supporting Bush....because I PERSONALLY am better off than I was 4 years ago.?

Thats quite a statment. almost hanging up as a example of ... well no better not say it.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2004, 07:10:40 pm »

No, I'm not going to vote for a candidate that makes me rich.  I am far from rich right now (some of you disagree, I'm sure, just because I make more money than some of you).  But I will vote for a candidate that I think is doing a better job of running the country and improving our defense....and when at the same time, I am better off financially, why would I complain?

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2004, 07:21:56 pm »

I think this sums it up quite nicely:

http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?video=President-Bush-Debt

attn: windows media player needed.

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2004, 07:59:04 pm »

But I will vote for a candidate that I think is doing a better job of running the country and improving our defense

? Better than whom? - Kerry hasn't been president.

? Safer in what way?

... and like the vid says.  what about Bush's  $1 Trillion deficit?

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2004, 08:10:10 pm »

But I will vote for a candidate that I think is doing a better job of running the country and improving our defense

? Better than whom? - Kerry hasn't been president.

? Safer in what way?

... and like the vid says.  what about Bush's  $1 Trillion deficit?

Better job than Bill Clinton, for one.  He stood by and did nothing after several terrorist attacks including the first World Trade Center Bombing, the attacks on our Embassies, and the attack on the USS Cole.

As for the deficit....WAKE UP AND SMELL THE WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWERS BURNING!

Also, for all you people who think Bush is doing such a bad job....

Why aren't you in politics trying to make things better???  Pretty easy calling the shots from your living room, isn't it?  Get out there and do something if you think YOU have all the answers!!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2004, 08:10:48 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2004, 08:13:16 pm »

? Just becasue Clinton didn't go invade a country dosn't mean he didn't do anything does it?
? Deficit.. 1 trillion dollars of deficit (you can't blame it all on the wwt)- surely you would do somthing to try and minimalise the deficit etc rather than increase your spending.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2004, 08:18:17 pm »

? Just becasue Clinton didn't go invade a country dosn't mean he didn't do anything does it?

He didn't do anything about it.  You forget, I was a U.S. Army Ranger during that time, and I'm telling you, HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.  Lobing a few ALCMs around to cover your ass over getting a blowjob doesn't count.

? Deficit.. 1 trillion dollars of deficit (you can't blame it all on the wwt)- surely you would do somthing to try and minimalise the deficit etc rather than increase your spending.

Evidentally you don't know how the U.S. Government works....the President doesn't control spending, the Congress does.

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2004, 08:59:21 pm »

<offtopic>
w00t! Looks like GS is back in full posting form. Please keep it up, GS. I enjoy reading your views on stuff and how other people react to that. I'm too uneducated about politics to be able to give a valid point. If I was, I'd be right up here with you helping Cheesy
</offtopic>

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2004, 09:40:11 pm »

"He didn't do anything about it.? You forget, I was a U.S. Army Ranger during that time, and I'm telling you, HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT."

GS... if Mr Bush is re-elected, you can be assured your "Ranger" skills will come in handy when your recalled back to active duty in Iraq.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2004, 09:42:34 pm »

GS... if Mr Bush is re-elected, you can be assured your "Ranger" skills will come in handy when your recalled back to active duty in Iraq.

Dude, I've been BEGGING to get back on active duty.  They keep telling me I've been out too long.

Macuber

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2004, 09:50:04 pm »

Your family is very lucky then, unlike these people:

http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=2029712&nav=5UuJOi4B

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2004, 10:01:24 pm »

Again, Parrish thought he's fulfilled that eight year obligation, but the Army says he didn't properly resign. Parrish's attorney is now helping him sue the Army to fight the re-activation.

they are calling people up based on lame technicalities. sounds pretty desperate to me.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2004, 10:16:10 pm »

I completed my 8 years on active duty, but I would still be more than willing to serve again.

Macuber

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2004, 11:48:44 pm »

I for one would never question your dedication. Normally Macuber never discusses politics/religion. But I would like you to think on something veteran to veteran. I was drafted back in '69. And yes Macuber went to you know where. We were spoon-fed about the "Domino Effect". That was the mind-thought of our politicans.. If Viet Nam fell..so would all of South East Asia. Well guess what... Nike makes shoes there.. as well as some other American Businesses. So much for that idea.
Take a look at the history of Iraq. They change friggin' governments faster than we change skivvies. Shites..Sunni's.. they have a real grudge going on. Not like Joe Shite's dog took a crap on Gary Sunni's yard and it's a neighbor's quarrel. These people have been killing each other for hundreds of years. Now you have the Kurd's up north. They've been expelled from various surrounding countries. They want a piece of land to call their own (One of the biggest oil producing regions). Turk's don't like that idea.
So the bottom line here GS is this. Would I volunteer to be air-drop in that piece of crap? Would I like our brightess/young talent wasted there? HELL NO!!
Reason is..read Iraq's history!! As soon as we leave that shit-hole.. they're going to settle scores!! Your family needs you here.. your fellow Americans  needs you here! We need our brave warriors back here!
Sorry moderators... This was a little unlike Macuber

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2004, 11:54:45 pm »

I understand where you are coming from.

cookie

still tippin'

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2004, 11:57:18 pm »

Again, hypothetically - would you vote for a worse candidate if the money were right?? How much does it take?

that's a cheap shot, and pseudo-moralistic BS. would it be wrong of him if he did?

The things that will destroy us are politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.  ---
Gandhi

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, hoes all on me.
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2004, 12:37:41 am »

Normally Macuber never discusses politics/religion....

And yes Macuber went to you know where. ...

This was a little unlike Macuber

did any of you guys watch Seinfeld. If yes, i bet it reminds you of something  Wink

OMG another 4 years !!!
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2004, 12:55:31 am »

why is macuber talking in the third person?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads