*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:23:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Bush vs Kerry, worldwide perspective...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bush vs Kerry, worldwide perspective...  (Read 3579 times)
seth
Forum Whore

« on: September 09, 2004, 07:32:26 pm »

The research insitute "Globescan" has tested the 2 candidates in 35 countries worldwide.

Bush has a majority in 3 of them, Philipines (57% vs 32%), Nigeria (33% vs 27%) and Poland (31% vs 26%).

On average, people would choose Kerry (46%) and not Bush (20%).
Here are the results of the countries in wich people voted massively for the democrat candidate:
- Norway: 74% Kerry, 7% Bush
- Germany: 74% Kerry, 10% Bush
- France: 64% Kerry, 5% Bush
- Italy: 58% Kerry, 14% Bush
- Netherlands: 63% Kerry, 6% Bush
- Russia: 20% Kerry, 10% Bush
- Czechs: 42% Kerry, 18% Bush
- UK: 47% kerry, 16% Bush

Others countries voted as well (China, India, Brazil, INdonesia...) but results were closer, although in favor of the democrat candidate.

Other results were released today by the German Marshall fund and can be viewed at

www. transatlantictrends.org

In essence, Bush's foreign policy is rejected by 76% of europeans, an 12% increase compared to 2003, a 20% increase compared to 2002. Bush's foreign policy is approuved by 51% of the americans.

Another interesting poll is the importance of military power in order to maintain peace. For 54% of the americans, and only 28% of the europeans, military power is the best way to maintain peace.

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 08:28:43 pm »

DUH!!!  Our foreign policy is designed for the best interests of the United States, not the rest of the world, idiot!  I could care less what the rest of the world thinks of us.

Bow down and tremble before the world's ONLY superpower!!!

muhahahahahahaha

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 08:37:49 pm »

DUH!!!? Our foreign policy is designed for the best interests of the United States, not the rest of the world, idiot!? I could care less what the rest of the world thinks of us.

Don't most of you who are American  feel extreamly enbarressed  when people say somthing like that??

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 09:06:47 pm »

@BFG...Yes, we do feel embarrassed.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 09:12:54 pm »

I'd respect GS' opinion if it wasn't so biased to the USA. At least support your opinion with some detail, GS.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 09:14:23 pm »

DUH!!!  Our foreign policy is designed for the best interests of the United States, not the rest of the world, idiot!  I could care less what the rest of the world thinks of us.

Bow down and tremble before the world's ONLY superpower!!!

muhahahahahahaha

it's good to see you back GS  

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 09:28:38 pm »

I'd respect GS' opinion if it wasn't so biased to the USA. At least support your opinion with some detail, GS.

Ah, don't think I should be so BIASED towards the USA, huh?

Well, lookie here:

I love this country with all my heart, with all my soul, with everything that is me.  I would lay down my life in a heartbeat to defend it.  Some things are worth fighting for and some things are worth dying for and guess what?  This is one of those things.  I live in the greatest country on Earth.

Many of you have the wrong opinion of me.  You all have this "world view" of the way things should be....especially many of you in Europe, and unfortunately even many of you in the United States.  Well guess what?  I believe that the United States should always put the UNITED STATES FIRST.  We should always put OUR interests ahead of everyone elses.  And I'm really ashamed at some of you people in the U.S. and even in other countries.  To have no patriotism, to not love your country above nearly everything else, is just plain wrong.  I have nothing in my heart for you.  I love everyone, I really do, but you can be quite sure of this:

My loyalties are God, Country, and Family.  My loyalties are not flexible, and neither am I.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

-John 15:13
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 09:30:55 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 09:50:01 pm »

Yes but to love your country like a 4 year old child loves his mommy is just plain irrational.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 09:57:12 pm »

Yes but to love your country like a 4 year old child loves his mommy is just plain irrational.

To not be willing to lay down your life for a country that has given you the very freedom to write what you just wrote is MORE irrational.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 10:08:58 pm »

Many of you have the wrong opinion of me.? You all have this "world view" of the way things should be....especially many of you in Europe, and unfortunately even many of you in the United States.? Well guess what?? I believe that the United States should always put the UNITED STATES FIRST.? We should always put OUR interests ahead of everyone elses.? And I'm really ashamed at some of you people in the U.S. and even in other countries.? To have no patriotism, to not love your country above nearly everything else, is just plain wrong.? I have nothing in my heart for you.? I love everyone, I really do, but you can be quite sure of this:

Has it ever occured to you that your forign policy is doing far far greater damage to your country? There is loving your country, and then there is being blind. If you love it so much why do you not care at the damage that is being done to it, to the physical damage as you destroy your environement.... the damnage and hate that you are causing around the world towards your country - the fact that your countrys stupid actions only makes people accorss the world more determined to stop the damage you are causing - to yourselves and the rest of the world.

... step one is to remove the retarded president that cheated his way into power

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 10:15:15 pm »

The thing is.. This started B4 bush. Clinton did the same thing (in bosnia) but it was not in the public till after everything occured. Its not just bush.

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 10:17:42 pm »

To not be willing to lay down your life for a country that has given you the very freedom to write what you just wrote is MORE irrational.[/color][/size]

country and government are two very different entities. Do not mix them !

OMG another 4 years !!!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2004, 10:23:06 pm »

This started B4 bush. Clinton did the same thing (in bosnia) but it was not in the public till after everything occured. Its not just bush.

Very very true.... bush is just making the problem worse!

country and government are two very different entities. Do not mix them !

Also very very true!!

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2004, 10:40:53 pm »

When I read GS's first post I cant get past some of the foolish things he says. I look to dictionary.com for a definition of patriotism because the way GS uses it makes me wonder if I just don't know the meaning:

"Love of and devotion to one's country" --dictionary.com

Alright, wait wait, am I missing something here, let's look deeper. Perhaps I need to brush up on the meaning of devotion:

"1. Ardent, often selfless affection and dedication, as to a person or principle. See Synonyms at love.
2. Religious ardor or zeal; piety.
3. a. An act of religious observance or prayer, especially when private. Often used in the plural.
    b. devotions Prayers or religious texts: a book of devotions.
4. The act of devoting or the state of being devoted." -dictionary.com

Okay.... Still not understanding the line: "To have no patriotism, to not love your country above nearly everything else, is just plain wrong." Hrm, so let me understand exactly what he means, he thinks that we don't love our countries because we disagree with the current state of things?

You seem to believe that since the US has the most built up military in the world... at this time. Let me tell you something GS. If I were a US citizen, born raised and with only American view points, I would still know there is more to the world than a single country. There is more to the world that your decisions can destroy. If you want to truly believe that the US should always put themselves first no matter what the consequences of that are, you are one sick, twisted, ignorant, arrogant, uneducated freak. Is your IQ in the negative range?!

You are blinded to a level where you yourself have become a fool to your loyalties. Step back GS, forget everything you believe, and look at things objectively with their consequences on the world. Just try it, perhaps you learn there is more than just the United States of America to the world.

P.S. No this isn't meant to be flame material, I'm just very upset about the things he said.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2004, 10:44:16 pm »

PS....

The US might have the biggest, most expensive army in the world... but by no means does that make it the best.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2004, 10:47:19 pm »

Has it ever occured to you that your forign policy is doing far far greater damage to your country? There is loving your country, and then there is being blind. If you love it so much why do you not care at the damage that is being done to it, to the physical damage as you destroy your environement.... the damnage and hate that you are causing around the world towards your country - the fact that your countrys stupid actions only makes people accorss the world more determined to stop the damage you are causing - to yourselves and the rest of the world.

Ah, but there is where we differ in opinion.  You see, I believe that his foreign policy is RIGHT.  I believe that in the end his policy makes this country more safe.  I also don't believe all the environmentalists who think we are destroying our environment.  Whoa, what do you think of that?!  That's right, I believe that it is all a bunch of crap....global warming, pollution destroying the ozone layer....I DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF IT!  How about that?

And saying our policy makes people around the world hate us....I hate to be the one to break it to you, but they would hate us no matter WHAT our policy is!  Come on, the main reason the Muslim world hates us is because we support Israel!  Sorry, but I don't see why the world isn't on OUR side instead of the side of the TERRORISTS.

But hey, someday....every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess....

And on that great and glorious day, I feel in my heart that we will be the ones who did what was right in the eyes of the only one that matters....

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2004, 10:54:32 pm »

Ah, but there is where we differ in opinion.? You see, I believe that his foreign policy is RIGHT.? I believe that in the end his policy makes this country more safe.? I also don't believe all the environmentalists who think we are destroying our environment.? Whoa, what do you think of that?!? That's right, I believe that it is all a bunch of crap....global warming, pollution destroying the ozone layer....I DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF IT!? How about that?

And saying our policy makes people around the world hate us....I hate to be the one to break it to you, but they would hate us no matter WHAT our policy is!? Come on, the main reason the Muslim world hates us is because we support Israel!? Sorry, but I don't see why the world isn't on OUR side instead of the side of the TERRORISTS.

? Um hello... Your Support for Isreal comes under your forign policy
? can u think for yourself or do you just repeat what the bush administration and the oil companies say you should think?
? So digging up alaska to dig for oil, destroying the Caribou breading grounds, deforistation, the fact you are one of the most poluting countries in the world you think dosn't harm the environment? If only we could seal you off fromt he rest of the world and let you rot there.
?  Ok.. your more safe than before. Don't complain when your civilians are murdered around the world then, or when the next big attack comes and kills thousands in the US... becasue at this rate it will come.

... still can't quite believe you could be so stupid about the environment... jesus people say that we steriotype but you really fit the bill as a crazy gun toting republican religious extremist nutter who can't think for himself.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2004, 10:57:22 pm »

... PS how can you really be a good Christian and think all this? If theres a big guy upstairs or whatever you want to think, i wouldn't be suprised if he dosn't give u a good kicking on your way down.

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2004, 11:04:34 pm »

To not be willing to lay down your life for a country that has given you the very freedom to write what you just wrote is MORE irrational.

Tell that to George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, they were not willing to lay down their lives, so why the fuck should I lay my life down for them? And I would be more than happy to die protecting my civil liberties, next revolution I'll be there.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004, 11:07:36 pm »

unfortuantly, blind and stubborn conviction seems to win against reason and logic everytime

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads