*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:24:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: From the creators of the iPod: The new iMac G5!!!!  (Read 3021 times)
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2004, 06:07:33 pm »

GS, giving her that iMac is fine and dandy. But don't imply myst doesn't need the power of my G5. Hopefully by the time she is old enough to require one it will be the G7 or G8 Era.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2004, 08:55:25 pm »

Come on guys, lets not turn this into a flame war and stay on topic.

2 thumbs up from me also. The 20inch 1.8 would be very nice to have in a family area for moderate stuff. Im still getting my 2.5 in about a week and a half.

voods
 Cool

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2004, 09:59:38 pm »

Chances are my brother will replace his PowerMac Quicksilver 800MHz with the 17" 1.8GHz or the 20" 1.8.

We also will be getting one for just a family/wreck room area.

And my dad will be buying a 20" for desk use and a 15" (whenever they come out) G5 PowerBook.

So yes this is exactly the specs and computer I was hoping to see.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2004, 10:08:33 pm »

I think I will be getting a 17in 1,8Ghz iMac. Great price and good specs.
th.Sentinel

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2004, 10:09:56 pm »

finally my boss is tempted to buy some new comps, cause these G3's are getting to damn slow... He likes the design of the iMac and he specially likes the price  Cool

But I wonder how long it'll take for him to decide to buy 'em and for Apple to decide to ship 'em...

He also said the 20" was the one he was going for cause we need the big screens. So now just hope he'll buy 'em soon, cause I can't wait!!

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2004, 11:07:09 pm »

GS, I'll take one too. Maybe you could adopt me for 9 months until i turn 18. Smiley

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2004, 11:38:35 pm »

If i were to put a Duel 1Ghz QuickSilver G4 with 1GB RAM, 80HD and 200GB HD, Geforce 4mx card... what price do you think id realistically be looking at getting?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2004, 12:06:36 am »

If i were to put a Duel 1Ghz QuickSilver G4 with 1GB RAM, 80HD and 200GB HD, Geforce 4mx card... what price do you think id realistically be looking at getting?

Maybe ?500 or a little more.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2004, 12:16:00 am »

id say a lot more than that. i saw a laptop with less power and less ram on ebay go for near 1000$

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Daf One

gloop, inc.

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2004, 12:26:00 am »

My first impression when I first saw it was the front of the iMac looked like the eMac without speakers, then I saw the stand and related it to the cinema displays.  In the end, it's a great design, I mean Apple can put 2gb of RAM, G5 processor, optical drive, a monitor, 3 fans, and a 64mb video card into 2inches.  If you look at a ruler, it really isn't that big.  It may not be a ground-breaking design, but Apple did do the best they could with what they have.

Enjoy the Classic.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2004, 02:00:37 am »

One, not to mention the thick LCD Apple uses on iMacs.

John Lennon
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2004, 02:09:34 am »

I still say It looks like a fisher Price toy.. But on the other hand.. It will prolly make a better djing computer to take to shows as a msic source (for final scratch and other things I dont have on vinyl or cd) then the 8600 powermac that I have been working on to upgrade to a g4. But I will prolly wait till the next revision.

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2004, 03:12:01 am »

U think that little? Mysterio reckoned more, spike what laptop was it mate?

ive seen old imacs go for about ?500 ... but i don't think i'd ever get ?1000 or higher, god by the time the student loan is paid off im gonna have very little to play with!

Daf One

gloop, inc.

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2004, 03:19:08 am »

Read my post again Mysterio.  It clearly says "monitor". ;-)

Enjoy the Classic.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2004, 03:54:46 am »

U think that little? Mysterio reckoned more, spike what laptop was it mate?

ive seen old imacs go for about ?500 ... but i don't think i'd ever get ?1000 or higher, god by the time the student loan is paid off im gonna have very little to play with!

Put it this way BFG, I have the original G4 400mhz "Sawtooth". I upgraded the chip with Sonnet to a 1ghz processor and put a Gig of memory in it. Also put an ATI 8500 w/64mbram. Ill be selling it on ebay with a buy it now price of 599. Im hopeing it will go for 899 but will be happy for somewhere between 699-799.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2004, 05:06:13 am »

If you can see the screen, then why does it matter? You are still saving a lot more desk space than even the G4 iMac. I think if I bought one (kickass prices this time) I would learn to love it as opposed to the flawless design of the G4 iMac.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
bronto
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2004, 06:21:17 am »

looks like a laptop on a stick. cool beans. i like some of the fake concepts better though.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2004, 01:04:17 pm »

Put it this way BFG, I have the original G4 400mhz "Sawtooth". I upgraded the chip with Sonnet to a 1ghz processor and put a Gig of memory in it. Also put an ATI 8500 w/64mbram. Ill be selling it on ebay with a buy it now price of 599. Im hopeing it will go for 899 but will be happy for somewhere between 699-799.

Rgr Voodoo - we've got one of those upstairs (it was the very original downgraded 350Mhz one) and i upgraded to a 800mhz put in more memory and a ATI Radion..

Oh shit your talking $ and not ? arn't you... well im guessing i really might as well do what i was planning originally - to keep it as a server. Smiley

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2004, 02:24:23 pm »

BFG, Im sure you could reach up to 700(USD). There are a lot of people who would pay a lot for a decent computer.

John Lennon
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2004, 11:27:23 pm »

BFG, comps like these are perfect to run as servers. I currently have an old G4/400 running 24/7, which perfectly suits my p2p, web and mail hosting needs. I also stored my Mp3 library on it, so its possible to access all of it from almost everywhere (internet connection presupposed)

Elan

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads