*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 12:35:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Bush's Olympic Ad Against Law
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bush's Olympic Ad Against Law  (Read 1114 times)
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« on: August 28, 2004, 07:54:17 am »

Since this forum seems dead for political discussion, which makes me (ok, I guess this forum is too manly for a crying smilie)  Sad I shall try to get something going with this topic.

Bush recently has been running an ad that basically says he is good because there are two more free nations at the Olympics (Afghanistan and Iraq) and he basically piggybacks on the Iraq soccer team's success. Slight problem. The Iraqi soccer team has voiced upset over being used for Bush's political advantage. They are not happy with Bush at all. I do think they are grateful for not having Saddam, but they are very pissed at his handling of everything else. One in particular is from Fallujah and said he would join the anti-occupation forces there.

Second problem, the USOC, by act of Congress is the sole owner within the US of the trademark "Olympic" or "Olympiad" phrases and they man not be used for political or commercial purposes without USOC permission. Bush had no permission. Thus he is breaking the law with his ad. The USOC asked him to stop running them...and he denied.

I find it problematic that the President is getting away with breaking the law.

As a point of contrast, John Kerry was running an ad featuring the South Carolina Republican Primary Debate between Bush and John McCain where McCain asked Bush "Have you no shame?" due to Bush's awful attacks. McCain asked Kerry to stop showing these ads because he didn't want to be used in that way. Kerry immediately acted to remove the ads, even though he legally could run it without McCain's approval.

So there it is. Bush runs an illegal ad and continues running it over objections of those it features. Kerry runs a legal ad but cuts it short because the person it featured objected. What does this say about their character?

Talk amongst yourselves.
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 09:22:07 am »

Well, I'm not American, but if I had to vote for either Kerry or Bush solely on common courtesy and character, Kerry gets my vote.

The King of Pistoleros
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 11:53:03 am »

Yeah we've been talking about it over here bondo, it breaks just about ever rule there is..

And since when was Iraq a "terrorist state"? - Because there were some 'terrorists' in the country?... wonder what that makes just about every country including the US and UK then...  Wink

I find it problematic that the President is getting away with breaking the law.
But unfortunatly it wont be the first or last time.

Kerry might not be perfect but he sure as hell isn't as bad as Bush.

sorrry when i ment 'over here' i ment over in the UK - in the papers, with friends etc, not the forums Wink

Problem fixed - assassin[/b]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 10:51:35 pm by PsYcO aSsAsSiN » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 05:36:01 pm »

Once again Bush breaks the law. Don't people review advertisements before they air?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 06:11:52 pm »

omg what has happend to this thread? when i try and view it half the guys's posts are in one of my posts and the whole screen is fooked.... anyone else or is it jsut me??!?!!

Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 06:39:54 pm »

Same here BFG, looks really really weird.. . maybe the script is corrupted?

PS. It would be lovely to see a thread where someone writes of something bush acctually managed to do without fucking everything up. It seems such a task would be hard to complete though.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 06:44:24 pm »

CURSES! Why can't the thread become normal? Yes it is funny joka.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2004, 07:22:53 pm »

"Heh, in theory, I think the NRA and the US Government gave aide and comfort to people like Timothy McVeigh or the Ruby Ridge bunch...all the other militant sepratist groups that could otherwise be called terrorists gained a bit of power due to our arms laws. Which isn't to say they are wrong, just perhaps a bit hypocritical?

Anyway, I decided not to go too far back into the archives because it would take a lot of work and then I'd just irritate people reviving dead posts...thought it better all around to just focus on new.

Not to whore too much, the website I list in my profile is a blog I write where I cover a lot of this political crap if anyone is interested in reading way too many words on the subject"

Sorry, thought I had a really bright idea to fix the thread by deleting my post which looked to be the trouble point but alas. The main problem is that one of the posts is stuck within another, but is deeper than the surface because mine was originally that post.

My second guess would be the problem is with BFG's quote in his first post. Nothing new to add here other than the Republicans are super dodging this issue on another forum I post at, now the conversation there somehow turned into I'm a communist and the poor are lazy, don't ask me how that happened.
The Golden Shark

hehehe my picture is funny.........

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2004, 07:33:23 pm »

man...... bush even fucked this thread.

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2004, 10:08:15 pm »

I think its BFG's post.. He musta put some funky coding into it....lol

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2004, 10:49:24 pm »

Fixed, now stop your whining ladies  Grin

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 02:51:40 pm »

....sorrrrry!! Dunno what i did there heh!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads