*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 06:35:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Whats your name?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats your name?  (Read 1579 times)
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« on: August 20, 2004, 08:04:13 am »

Ok so whats your name and what does it mean?
Press here to check.

VILLE?? m
Usage: Finnish
Finnish short form of WILLIAM

so I go to William

WILLIAM?? m
Usage: English
Pronounced: WIL-ee-am
From the Germanic name Wilhelm, which was composed of the elements wil "will, desire" and helm "helmet, protection". The name was introduced to Britain by the Normans. It has belonged to several rulers of England, Prussia, and Germany, including William the Conqueror, the first Norman king of England. Another famous bearer was William Tell, a legendary 14th-century hero from Switzerland. In the literary world it has been borne by dramatist William Shakespeare and poet William Blake, as well as contemporary authors William Faulkner and William S. Burroughs

Ville is my first name, but I always go by my 2nd name "Anton".. . Don't know why, been like that for as long as I can remember. ( As a explanation to those who wondered why I posted Ville when I have claimed that my name is Anton )  Smiley

Toxic::Arch

Super Freak

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 08:47:47 am »

Here it goes...

KAREL?? m
Usage: Dutch, Czech, Slovene
Dutch, Czech and Slovene form of CHARLES

TAUNO?? m
Usage: Finnish
Means "peaceful, modest" in Karelian Finnish.

I searched for Karel, which is my name in Dutch/Flemmish

Then I did Charles, and got this :

CHARLES?? m
Usage: English, French
Pronounced: CHAHR-ulz (English), SHARL (French)
From the Germanic name Karl, which was derived from a Germanic word which meant "man". The most noteworthy bearer of this name was Charles the Great, commonly known as Charlemagne, a king of the Franks who came to rule over most of Europe. Several Holy Roman Emperors bore this name, as well as kings of England, France, Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Hungary. Other famous bearers include naturalist Charles Darwin who revolutionized biology with his theory of evolution, and novelist Charles Dickens who wrote such works as 'Great Expectations' and 'A Tale of Two Cities'.

My conclusion out of all this is that I'm either a great leader, or a very smart dude Smiley

[12:32 PM] Toxic::Joka: ok so riddle me this riddler.. . if you have two cows that weigh 78kg.. . how much butter do you need to make them both slippery?
-18-6-04

====> www.toxic-clan.net/forum/ <====
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 09:08:23 am »

Here is mine..

CHRISTOPHER   m
Pronounced: KRIS-to-fur
Means "bearing Christ", derived from Late Greek Christos combined with pherein "to bear, to carry". Christopher was the legendary saint who carried the young Jesus across a river. He is the patron saint of travellers. Another famous bearer was Christopher Columbus, the explorer who reached the West Indies in the 15th century.

I have also seen it in other name meaning books saying the Christopher meant "Christ like"

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
bronto
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 09:18:30 am »

From the Hebrew name Yoel meaning "YAHWEH is God". Joel was a minor prophet in the Old Testament, the author of the Book of Joel.

i am not religious, i guess my parents just liked the sound of it.
th.Sentinel

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 10:59:28 am »

WARD?? m
Pronounced: WAHRD
From a surname meaning "guard" in Old English.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 11:02:22 am »

Frode
its from the old norse language and has the meaning "the wise"

I think my parents are still waiting for me to live up to my name.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Toxic::Thor

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 01:12:09 pm »

CARLO?? m
Usage: Italian
Pronounced: KAHR-lo
Italian form of CHARLES

From the Germanic name Karl, which was derived from a Germanic word which meant "man". The most noteworthy bearer of this name was Charles the Great, commonly known as Charlemagne, a king of the Franks who came to rule over most of Europe. Several Holy Roman Emperors bore this name, as well as kings of England, France, Spain, Portugal, Sweden and Hungary. Other famous bearers include naturalist Charles Darwin who revolutionized biology with his theory of evolution, and novelist Charles Dickens who wrote such works as 'Great Expectations' and 'A Tale of Two Cities'.

Virtue is more to be feared than vice,
because its excesses are not subject to
the regulation of conscience.
HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?Adam Smith
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 03:34:24 pm »

I do actually go by Spike so...

Matches for Spike:

SPIKE?? m
Pronounced: SPIEK
From a nickname which may have originally been given to a person with spikey hair.

My real name is brooke, and when I searched that I got...something lame, it was just someone who lived near a stream. how lame is that.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 03:49:11 pm »

I go by my middle name, Erich:

ERICH   m
Usage: German
German form of ERIC.

ERIC   m
Usage: English, French
Pronounced: ER-ik (English), er-EEK (French)
From the Old Norse name Eir?kr, derived from ei "ever" and r?kr "ruler". Danish invaders first brought the name to England. A famous bearer was Eir?kr inn Rauda (Eric the Red in English), a 10th-century navigator and explorer who discovered Greenland. This was also the name of kings of Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

I always knew my name meant "ruler" or "king" so this just proves it.

Now...ALL OF YOU....BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP YOUR KING!  lol

P.S. For those cynics of you out there that say "Erich" is not my first name, then take a look at my real first name, John:

JOHN   m
Usage: English, Biblical
Pronounced: JAHN
English form of Johannes, which was the Latin form of the Greek name Ioannes, itself derived from the Hebrew name Yochanan meaning "YAHWEH is gracious". This name owes its consistent popularity to two New Testament characters, both highly revered as saints. The first was John the Baptist, the forerunner of Jesus Christ, who was beheaded by Herod Antipas. The second was the apostle John who was also supposedly the author of the fourth Gospel and Revelation. The name has been borne by 23 popes, as well as kings of England, Hungary, Poland, Portugal and France. It was also borne by the poet John Milton and the philosopher John Locke.

So, either way I have a very "king-like" name.  Grin

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 05:35:55 pm »

Here is mine..

CHRISTOPHER   m
Pronounced: KRIS-to-fur
Means "bearing Christ", derived from Late Greek Christos combined with pherein "to bear, to carry". Christopher was the legendary saint who carried the young Jesus across a river. He is the patron saint of travellers. Another famous bearer was Christopher Columbus, the explorer who reached the West Indies in the 15th century.

I have also seen it in other name meaning books saying the Christopher meant "Christ like"

Both me and Harvey are Christ-Like...wOOt....Wink

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 06:05:41 pm »

I feel disturbed by having the same name as GS. But it is good to be king-like.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
bronto
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 08:14:20 pm »

i'm a fuckin prophet with a book nigga
static

"Only the dead have seen the end of War" ~Plato

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2004, 05:16:26 am »

JOHN   m
Pronounced: JAHN
English form of Johannes, which was the Latin form of the Greek name Ioannes, itself derived from the Hebrew name Yochanan meaning "YAHWEH is gracious". This name owes its consistent popularity to two New Testament characters, both highly revered as saints. The first was John the Baptist, the forerunner of Jesus Christ, who was beheaded by Herod Antipas. The second was the apostle John who was also supposedly the author of the fourth Gospel and Revelation. The name has been borne by 23 popes, as well as kings of England, Hungary, Poland, Portugal and France. It was also borne by the poet John Milton and the philosopher John Locke.

WILLARD   m
Pronounced: WIL-ard
From a surname which was derived from the Germanic personal name Wilhard, composed of the elements wil "will, desire" and hard "brave, hardy".

Search text: static

No matches for static.

wahooooooooo! I'm a no-name brave saint.

static

Life's to short to be pissed off all the time.  So, take your pants off, shave your head, grab a beer and play some games.  Remember all it's ONLY a game.
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2004, 05:38:09 am »

FahQ2 M
Usage: American
Pronounce: Fuck you too
Derived from the powerful response to fuck you.  Considered The British Empire's second-greatest gift to the world.  Commonly used for witty statements and comebacks to friends, assholes and enemies.  Can also be gestured with a stiff middle finger held in a upright manner as thumb and 3 remaining fingers are bent down.  Bearers of this name are known to be of the utmost intelligence and skill.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2004, 07:47:37 am »

Spetsnaz
prounounce: SpTZ NaZ]

meaning: Bangers of Lynn cheney

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2004, 03:17:33 pm »

Name: BFG

Prounounce: BeEFGeE

Meaning: Definition for abnormally large big bastard. Renowned for the immense quanity of food needed to sustain the individual and for the cost of keeping the specimin in food and bedding. A wide range of variety of the BFG can cause confusion on contact. when approching a specimin one must be sure to have assertained whether the specimin comes from the south (a slightly smaller vairent with a longer more cuddly coat and a soft tooth for winegums) or the north (the much larger and dangerous specimin, also known as 'Biggus Bastardus")

Handle with care.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2004, 06:02:26 pm »

YURI??(1)?? m
Usage: Russian
Russian form of GEORGE. The Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, the first man to travel to space, was a famous bearer of this name. Yuri Andropov was a Soviet premeir. Numerous Russian Princes and Generals have held this name.

GEORGE?? m
Pronounced: JORJ
From the Greek name Georgios which was derived from the Greek word georgos meaning "farmer, earthworker", itself derived from the elements ge "earth" and ergon "work". Saint George was a legendary dragon slayer who was supposedly martyred in Palestine. He is the patron saint of England, Portugal and Catalonia, Lithuania, and Russia. This name has been borne by six kings of England, two kings of Greece, and the first president of the United States, George Washington. Other famous bearers include authors George Eliot and George Orwell (both pen names; real names Mary Anne Evans and Eric Arthur Blair respectively), composer George Frideric Handel, and Pacific explorer George Vancouver.

Cossack m
Russian
Bad ass motherfucker on a horse with a sabre in one hand, a bottle of vodka in the other, and your wife in his tent.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 06:08:49 pm by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2004, 01:00:12 am »

MARIUS?? m
Usage: Ancient Roman, German, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, French, English, Romanian
Pronounced: MER-ee-us (English)
Roman family name which was derived either from MARS, the name of the Roman god of War, or else from the Latin root mas, maris meaning "male". Gaius Marius was a famous Roman consul of the 2nd century BC.

Gotta love it when your name definition includes the words "ancient"  AND  "WAR"   hhahahaha!
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2004, 12:21:01 pm »

STEFAN?? m
Usage: German, Scandinavian, Polish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Slovene
Form of STEPHEN

STEPHEN?? m
Pronounced: STEEV-en, STEF-en
From the Greek name Stephanos which means "crown". Saint Stephen was an early Christian martyr who was stoned to death, as told in Acts in the New Testament. Another Saint Stephen is the patron saint of Hungary, the first Christian king of that country (10th century). As well, this was the name of kings of England, Serbia, and Poland and ten popes. More recently it is borne by the British physicist Stephen Hawking and the American author Stephen King.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2004, 02:00:22 pm »

Yershemesh KGB ... i just noticed your picture of borat... pure class Cheesy

Television Programme Borat - I didn't stop laughing from titles to credits  Grin

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads