*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 02:37:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Cross-Platform Gameranger
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cross-Platform Gameranger  (Read 33385 times)
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #180 on: August 03, 2004, 01:07:25 am »

...and that would be civic?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
bronto
« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2004, 02:43:27 am »

woot xo. this version works on win 98. some of the names don't show up though. probably the one's with the mac characters in them. how can that be fixed. plus, i get banned for 30 min when i put in PC characters Cheesy

oh and are you going to add ability to customize the color theme? it'd be really cool if you could make it skinable :-D

oh i also can't change my nickname, password, or real name. and i can't get infos. and the names that don't appear, only appear when i click the name.

i figured out the disapearing names, but everything else still doesn't work. and it periodically crashes about every 10 min.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 03:40:55 am by *NADS bronto » Logged
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2004, 04:13:21 am »

Xoclipse
<screenshots>
Nice, but the OSX version is teh sexiest...

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2004, 05:45:28 am »

looking at those pics again, I actually really like how the i.p address's are displayed, I wish gr was like that(is it?)

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2004, 10:01:17 am »

spike, i would hazzard a guess that the i.p address thing might be the admin side of GR... but i am probably wrong.

So with xo cracking this code (excuse me because i am complete moron when it comes to stuff like this) does this mean he can access all our passwords, emails and other details including payment details etc?

xoclipse

ownage

« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2004, 11:25:12 am »

So with xo cracking this code (excuse me because i am complete moron when it comes to stuff like this) does this mean he can access all our passwords, emails and other details including payment details etc?

No, I can't, and i'd never attempt to do that either.  

onwig

geeza!

« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2004, 11:37:57 am »

But you will steal years of hard work that evill has done for everyone in the mac community, and he has done it for free.

So xoclipse, if you will excuse me I cant believe a word you say.

Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2004, 03:39:52 pm »

But you will steal years of hard work that evill has done for everyone in the mac community, and he has done it for free.

So xoclipse, if you will excuse me I cant believe a word you say.

*agrees*

Bardiel
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2004, 05:47:03 pm »

I've said it before, and I had hoped I wouldn't have to say it again, but I will anyway:

...it would have been bad enough that you made the (illegal) client, but giving away the source code is like making unlimited copies of someone else's house keys, putting their name and address on them all, and scattering them about the city. I swear, you must be out of your gourd to have done something so incredibly foolish, shortsighted, and dangerous. I sincerely hope that nobody alters that code so that this client can be made to allow the users to do anything malicious, (ie. add file-sharing capabilities, give themselves admin powers, steal user information, etc.) Sad

Even if HE says he won't do those things, (and his word is, at best, highly suspect), thanks to the source code floating around, ANYONE with the programming know-how, and a grudge, (and how many people have been banned from GR, and would want 'revenge'?), might be able to do just that. And that should scare everyone, whether you support xoeclipse or not.

- "Bardiel"
the oNe
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2004, 06:41:22 pm »

Nice builds xoclipse, but it's not right like Bardiel and onwig state.  Why don't you make your own *original* application?  You seem to know how, put your resources into your own work, not patch up and recreate someone elses hard work.
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2004, 07:24:35 pm »

awsome work Man

u look nuff skilled to do ur own gameranger without microsoft like "buy me and u could use ur voices programms jerks, gime gime 50 $"

hmm instead making it for pc, give us a clean "game whatever the name" for the mac Smiley

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2004, 07:29:30 pm »

yeah... and get your own highspeed broadband server etc for free, so you won't have to deal with kids who want everything for free.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2004, 07:36:21 pm »

I have tried to get this to run on my linux box with no luck. I am running Redhat 9.0, is there something I am missing.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2004, 07:59:13 pm »

yeah... and get your own highspeed broadband server etc for free, so you won't have to deal with kids who want everything for free.
no need to feed the evil , boy

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2004, 08:05:18 pm »

feed the service you use, free-loaders...

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2004, 08:05:46 pm »

I Hope Evill fries your ass Xo... I feel like Wiggy and Ethion... Its nice that you have the know how to do this.. but you should not have released it to the public and you should not have given the scorce code out at all. Thats like giving everyone that lives in your city the keys to your car and telling them that they cant drive it.

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2004, 08:08:20 pm »

Well said, Harvey. Thanks for shining some more light on this issue.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2004, 10:41:56 pm »

Well, sorry for the late post first of all. I thought I would just post my own opinion about this issue. As a pretty abid Game Ranger user I see two sides of how a PC GR would be. It would increase the intensity of play and maybe make playing more fun (not implying that it is not currently fun) But on the other hand it would most likely ruin the Mac gaming community as we know it. I guess I am against this . . . but maybe I would be a bit easier on this issue if he did have the consent of Evill.
If this were to grow larger in the PC gaming community I would be very sad to see it possibly be shut down . . . I hope it doesn't get that far

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
xoclipse

ownage

« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2004, 11:25:35 pm »

I have tried to get this to run on my linux box with no luck. I am running Redhat 9.0, is there something I am missing.

Voodoo,
IM me on AIM sometime today, my screenname is xoclipse. I'll try to help you get it up and working. I compiled it on Fedora Core 2. Not sure exactly what problem you are having....but just IM me and well try to figure it out.

Bardiel
« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2004, 02:26:23 am »

Yeah, it's me chiming in, yet again. Found something that you might want to read, as it's VERY RELEVANT to the stuff happening here.

here's the first paragraph from the article, so you have an idea what it's about (click to read more):

"On Tuesday, President Bush signed an historic free-trade agreement between the United States and Australia.  As part of the deal, Australia will be enforcing new intellectual property laws very similar to the DMCA...."

Something tells me this saga is about to get a lot more... interesting.

- "Bardiel"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads