*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 02:28:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Cross-Platform Gameranger
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cross-Platform Gameranger  (Read 33270 times)
bronto
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2004, 09:26:13 am »

xo, as we already know, i'm a huge noob. i'm gonna give it a shot, but could i ask you in advance to walk me through any problems i might have? i'll try to un-noob my questions as much as possible..
xoclipse

ownage

« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2004, 09:34:06 am »

sure, when i get back home tomorrow, flight leaves tomorrow in morning, so probably late noon i'll be on.

bronto
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2004, 09:38:27 am »

ok, when you come back i have a question: how the hell do i compile?
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2004, 11:45:15 am »

My cousin logged in on GR yesterday with his PC, it ran smooth until he tried to type which caused it to crash, twice. Only thing that made his account different than any other account on GR is that PC users don't get the blinking icon on the map, since the PC's don't have it built in like mac's do.

Account# 168933

Any word from Evill, whats his take on this?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 11:46:31 am by Toxic::Joka » Logged

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2004, 03:45:23 pm »

it wouldnt surprise me if evill banned everyone involved in this. it would be a very evill thing to do.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2004, 04:57:03 pm »

Lmao. Myst i love the way that u have your own little bitch, Cobra. Do u have him on a leash? Sure seems like it. Every time you post, your little pet posts right after u bashing the same way u do. But here is my statement. Although I am still a mac user, i am different then the rest. What seperates me from you is that im ready to back up all my comments with force. If u dont think im that good PROVE it! Cause when i say im still one of the best, im ready to back it up. Also, whats with you lately? There was a point in time in which you didnt run your mouth like an arrogant bitch but now all of a sudden you do, in all threads. Frankly, i dont give a damn what you say. If you would like to test me then fine. Other then that please dont talk shit unless your ready to back it up. Oh yeah, and Cobra, I have a hobby, and its going to pay well for college, its called being an all county baseball player and having a 4.4 GPA. Myst if i were u id talk to your little pet and calm him down before his noobness comes out...oh wait to late.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
the oNe
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2004, 05:11:04 pm »

Rebel, I can safely say you're back from your short retirement.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2004, 05:13:52 pm »

Lmao. Myst i love the way that u have your own little bitch, Cobra. Do u have him on a leash? Sure seems like it. Every time you post, your little pet posts right after u bashing the same way u do. But here is my statement. Although I am still a mac user, i am different then the rest. What seperates me from you is that im ready to back up all my comments with force. If u dont think im that good PROVE it! Cause when i say im still one of the best, im ready to back it up. Also, whats with you lately? There was a point in time in which you didnt run your mouth like an arrogant bitch but now all of a sudden you do, in all threads. Frankly, i dont give a damn what you say. If you would like to test me then fine. Other then that please dont talk shit unless your ready to back it up. Oh yeah, and Cobra, I have a hobby, and its going to pay well for college, its called being an all county baseball player and having a 4.4 GPA. Myst if i were u id talk to your little pet and calm him down before his noobness comes out...oh wait to late.

So much for leaving the forums and giving a crap what others think here, lol. Forum whore!  Grin

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2004, 05:21:45 pm »

it wouldnt surprise me if evill banned everyone involved in this. it would be a very evill thing to do.

Would it be safe to ban someone who can make something with direct competition.... especially some open source thing?

All it takes is a bit of funding and xo can have his own servers running...
Lets keep in mind what uses this can have.. Playing with PC guys... bad bad bad....! Why would  PC guys play with us hated mac heads? Who play all the old games compared to the pc world?
I dunno....

1 use that i thought this could be good for are those people at work during the day bored off their asses... maybe not even bored but like to have a window open to chat with their buddies... So then letting PC people who are generally mac, who are apart of the community, on GR, wouldn't be so bad.

That's my take on it...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2004, 05:24:28 pm »

Well Cobra, i started it as a just-for-fun project, although i'm sure it could amount to something else. Although I highly doubt Scott would allow me to develop it officialy, i'd probably be down for doing it.

Here's the latest build i've been working on: http://fraghosts.net/gameranger1.jpg

The windows version doesn't sort the users by Premium Membership? Blah.

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2004, 06:25:53 pm »

I can back up everything I say in RvS Rebel. Hell I probably still could in RS if it worked on my G5. You need to open your eyes rebel. You really need to look around and notice that you aren't the best there is. PC competition in CoD, your game, will probably be higher for the next month or so until the mack players all, not saying some haven't, but all catch up.

You need to back off everyone rebel. You may think you're the god of CoD but sooner or later there's going to be a lot more people up there with you, if you even are good, and take you down.

You want to become the Rapid of CoD Rebel? By all means try it. See where it gets you. I really doubt someone as arrogant and foolish as you are that good compared to most mac CoD players. You need to open your eyes rebel. That's all I can say, open them wide and realize what you are doing. Realize what you are becoming.

I think you will be able to figure it our for yourself.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2004, 06:34:58 pm »

Now that everyone's let out their steam, I think we can all safely say that those have been using this thread to toot their own horn can stop now. They know who they are. Not gonna name any names. Back to the issue at hand! PeeCee GeeArr.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
asd
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2004, 07:10:53 pm »

ok let me say
i think what you've done is amazing and i fully support you
please carry on these guys r being completely selfish
its not fair on people like me who have imac 333's who cant play anything on gr apart from aoe2 -_-;
i just got a pc 2 days ago and im missing gr gamespy sux aswell to many adds and idiots
so i think you should carry on and DONT LET THE IDIOTS DISCOURAGE YOU!
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2004, 07:14:21 pm »

Please let us idiots discourage you, XO. Please?  Wink

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
the oNe
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2004, 07:16:12 pm »

asd, we aren't idiots, we just have different perspective on this whole PC Gamerannger client.  Everyone has their own opinion.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2004, 07:28:15 pm »

asd, just because you have changed your ways doesn't mean we should give a damn you now regret your choice. You are a PC user who should play on PC clients. Get it??

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2004, 07:30:35 pm »

HEY, DOES ANYONE LIKE BLUEBERRY PIE??  Smiley

The King of Pistoleros
Forrest

« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2004, 07:34:39 pm »

Given the the blatant EULA violations and opposition from current GR members I doubt Scott will let this little project go to a full release. Furthermore, I cannot support the expansion into Windows given the reputation and actions of a number of PC gamers, specifically, cheating. While I know that not everyone in the Windows world is guilty of cheating I think we would all agree that nothing is less enjoyable than trying to play a game with someone who cheats like crazy. However, if measures were put in place to allow those who chose not to cheat to separate themselves from those who do I would support an expansion as long as it had Scott's blessing and oversight. Unfortunately that is not what we see in this open source release. Instead we see our beloved GR on the verge of being swamped by the PC gaming community in a situation where Scott Kevill appears to have been run around, had his code taken, and screwed out of a massive business opportunity (that he may or may not have chosen to pursue) for the program HE developed.

However, I must point out that there would be possible advantages to the controlled integration of Mac and PC gaming communities on GR. When I say controlled integration I mean something along the lines of the option of creating Mac or PC only room, some method of cheat prevention, and consequences for cheaters. Also, the increased membership could bring more games to GR and encourage companies to have more dual platform releases. Translation: More games come to Mac, we have more people to play with, and we have more game servers.

BUT! I don't see this open source app doing any of those things! Gents we must oppose this app! We must protect the integrity of our gaming community! In short, we must support the expansion of GR only when that expansion is legally sanctioned by Scott! Therefore, until Scott approves this project and some guarantees are made I cannot support it.

Just my thoughts on the matter,
Forrest

P.S. I don't have anything against lawful open source development or Xo personally. But I do believe he went too far without Scott's approval. Additionally, I do not claim to speak for Scott Kevill.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 07:36:59 pm by Forrest » Logged
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2004, 09:39:12 pm »

Good talk forrest Cool

now if GR would come out for PC how the fuck could we play with them? i'm like if we take OUR GhR updates... and DBL maps... how could they update/install/use em. ? thats a question !

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2004, 09:51:59 pm »

OK, NOW I'M REALLY PISSED OFF.

WHO'S THE FUCKING RETARD DELETING MY POSTS ? AND WHY ?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 09:52:12 pm by bobby » Logged

OMG another 4 years !!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads