*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 02:26:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Cross-Platform Gameranger
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cross-Platform Gameranger  (Read 33240 times)
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2004, 03:39:07 am »

No use in fighting it Bronto. I also know that many dont cheat and with the correct anti cheat programs u keep those bad apples out of servers, but most mac people think that PC guys hack although they dont because of the insane smack down delivered to them. Many, like Myst, who seem to think they are God's gift to the world have not opened their eyes to this yet. Back in the RS days, i played with a PC clan in their server and found that although i was one of the best on GR for RS, i was nothing compared to the PC'ers. This awakened me and maybe some of you need it to. Oh yeah BTW Typhy, wow u beat me good job. Not to hard to win in a game that is more of a lag test then a shooter. And i cant really tell if your trying to be funny or trying to aggrivate me but basically, u get CoD and ill rape u, period.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2004, 03:45:15 am »

We're not saying all PC users are cheaters or all PC users are going to troll. However, a bunch of bored, 12 year old PC users are gonna come across the app one day and think "Hay u guyz, letz go on t3h mac game f1nd3r and fuck wit dem" and then there'll be a dozen bastards "raiding" GR. I honestly don't care if some of your PC friends want to come onto GR and chat with you. But come on. You can chat on AIM and MSN and Yahoo and all that garbage if you just want to chat. It seems like this was just made to stick it to Evill and piss him off. There's a reason GR is mac-only. Evill wanted it that way, and so does the community. PC users have tons of exclusive, PC-only things, we deserve a mac-only thingamajig, too. Segregation all the way. Mac bathrooms on the left, PC bathrooms on the right.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2004, 03:48:37 am »

Sorry for the double-post, but you guys are acting like all PC users are Saints. If no PC users cheated, there wouldn't be a need for Punkbuster. In 1.0.3 CoD, there were tons of cheaters. It was pretty damn hard to get them banned from servers, too. I played RS with a lot of PC guys back in the day, and there were a few cheaters, yet nobody seemed to care enough to boot them. Pissed me off.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2004, 03:48:49 am »

This is a bigger piece of cake jo:

http://www.fraghosts.net/oldgr.jpg

heh, this screenshot was taken in January?  How has Evill not noticed that you've been using it this long?  Can't he tell if people from another program are logging onto his server?

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2004, 03:49:22 am »

Rebel, this isn't about skill. Yes, PC players are skilled, and yes, there are a lot of PC hackers. But you must realize that they get games on average a year before us. This is about keeping the community loyal to true hardware and innovation. Not hacking cheating PC fags.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
the oNe
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2004, 03:53:12 am »

Mysterio, I am no PCer. The last PC I had was a 33mhz Gateway in the early 90s'. I have a Dual 2ghz G5.  However, I do play with PCers through Medal of Honor's built-in GameSpy multiplayer program.  

Mr. Mellow, we are the minority and the only different thing is it isn't totally a bad thing, I mean we enjoy being "segregated" from PC users to a certain extent.

On a side note, Rebel is correct about some PC users being more skilled than the best in the Mac community.  If Gameranger does become PC compatible, than that could effect Apple as well.  The thinking would be for a hardcore mac gamer: "I can buy a more porwerful PC cheaper and still access GR."  But, only some are like that, as we all know we are mostly loyal to macs.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 03:54:07 am by Daf One » Logged
Blufire

teabag or bust

« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2004, 03:53:48 am »

This is a bigger piece of cake jo:

http://www.fraghosts.net/oldgr.jpg

heh, this screenshot was taken in January?  How has Evill not noticed that you've been using it this long?  Can't he tell if people from another program are logging onto his server?

Not really. Evill could put a stop to it if he wanted to, it just hasn't been a problem, or noticeable at all.

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2004, 04:00:31 am »

I'd still like to see Evill sell GR to Apple. Apple really needs to reach out to gamers. A lot of revenue comes from Teens and Adults who buy gaming machines.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2004, 04:02:11 am »

Ok, due to popular request i will get to the point of all my posts. Here it goes.

PC USERS WONT DL GR

Thank you.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
-SW- Baz

« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2004, 04:40:18 am »

Agreed.

He who lives by the sword gets shot by those who don't.
D's Advocate
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2004, 05:21:13 am »

you funny people and your thinking that a mac was meant for gaming.

If you take your gaming seriously, go get a PC.  Trust me, you will be a better player becasue of it.  They just run games smoother, period.

Why in the hell would you buy a mac strictly for gaming on?  Thats not a wise decision and a waste of an expensive machine.

And to all you mac heads that are talkin about ownin' PC users, PC users suck, blah blah blah....  you have the same mantality as all the stupdass PC users that talk smack about macs, so you are no better.  LOL

The majority of PC users wont even use this Cross-Platform Gameranger anyway....  only the select few that have friends on MACs would use it, and even if there was an influx of PC users that cvame to GR, you can choose what server you want to join, cant you?

Seriously, some of you mac heads have your heads so far up your own ass, i wonder how you are able to post in the dark.  Oh ya, your elite mac users, you can do anything.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2004, 05:29:39 am »

hm, spell the words in your posts correctly, and then i might not write you off as another pc moron.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2004, 06:01:40 am »

Mister Devil's Advocate is one of the reasons I'm glad for mac-only communities.  Grin No, I'm not one of those "FUK U PCERZ" people. I just don't like snooty, snippy, sarcastic bastards such as yourself with no balls to post using your own name.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2004, 06:12:01 am »

People need to realize that PCs were faster and had better graphics cards than mac, until very recently. And for the record look in a PC gaming magazine. The real, great, brilliant, gaming machines on PCs cost as much as a mid range G5 which will perform as well with better non-gaming applications.

Rebel pull you head out of your ass, you aren't that good. You never will be, the only reason you claim to leave is so you can come back and look like some sort of brilliant person by trolling on these forums. I don't think I'm god's gift to the earth, but I do think Apple is god's gift to computers.

Rebel when you wake up from your arrogance we can talk about how funny you were while you were crazy.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2004, 07:36:51 am »

This topic seems to have suddenly veered into the dipshit lane.

because of the insane smack down delivered to them.
I don't understand you.  Your writing style exudes an air of pompous ignorance, and then you run around accusing other people (seemingly for no reason) of similar arrogance ?
Many, like Myst, who seem to think they are God's gift to the world have not opened their eyes to this yet.
Oh, Myst said that?  Or did you?  I think Myst's OK, but you may want to turn down your Megalomaniac Dial a couple notches, cause it's difficult for me to tell if you're saying anything remotely important amidst the blaring self-congratulations.

This awakened me and maybe some of you need it to.
Awakened you?  You sound like an audience member from Crossing Over.  Are you taking video games too seriously?  Do you need a glass of water?

Holy crap.

Oh yeah BTW Typhy, wow u beat me good job. Not to hard to win in a game that is more of a lag test then a shooter.
Shifting goalposts, eh?  Way to go, champ.

u get CoD and ill rape u, period.

I'm hoping to break into the game development industry professionally, so I certainly appreciate and identify with enthusiasm on the subject, but this kind of thinking seems ridiculously stupid to me.  When you forget that you're playing a fucking video game and start using them as some kind of sick metric for appraising yourself, I think you've crossed the line.

Go and get a hobby, Rebel.

Xoclipse, just curious, are you hoping to make this a viable solution for PC game-matching and see if Scott will let you develop it for Windows officially, or is this more of a just-for-fun project?  I'm thinking the latter, but just wonderin'.  And where is Scott for this discussion; his commenting could soothe some of the mounting tensions  Grin
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 07:49:36 am by Cobra » Logged

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
xoclipse

ownage

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2004, 08:09:57 am »

Xoclipse, just curious, are you hoping to make this a viable solution for PC game-matching and see if Scott will let you develop it for Windows officially, or is this more of a just-for-fun project?  I'm thinking the latter, but just wonderin'.  And where is Scott for this discussion; his commenting could soothe some of the mounting tensions  Grin

Well Cobra, i started it as a just-for-fun project, although i'm sure it could amount to something else. Although I highly doubt Scott would allow me to develop it officialy, i'd probably be down for doing it.

Here's the latest build i've been working on: http://fraghosts.net/gameranger1.jpg

Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2004, 08:30:39 am »

I didn't get a chance to look through the source code, but how far along are you in development?  You said you started a few days ago ? from the screenshots alone, you seem to have accomplished much in a very short amount of time!  Impressive.  Is it possible to actually join games on your client?  Or are you not that far along yet?  Are others working with you on it?

OK, that's all my questions   Wink  Thanks for your replies, Xo.

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
xoclipse

ownage

« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2004, 08:41:22 am »

Cobra,
I actually started this project about 3 or 4 days ago, for this particular application, that is. As from the screenshots you saw, I had made previous ones. This new one is completely recoded in wxWidgets. Join game support is not implemented yet, although it might happen later. Well see, I'm just taking it step by step for now, working out bugs and such. Fixed a lot in the latest build, so i'm happy Smiley. Right now i'm the only one working on this particular client.

bronto
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2004, 09:17:59 am »

xo, are you looking into my problem, or are you just gonna say 'fuck it update you skank'. if it's number 2, that hurts Sad
xoclipse

ownage

« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2004, 09:21:43 am »

bronto, i believe i compiled it with unicode support, and i might be using some gui controls that for windows requires NT/2000/XP, but you can go ahead and download wxwidgets, compile the source, and it will work for you. but i can't compile it for 98 or ME cuz i don't have it. oh yeah, upate skank  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads