*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 02:36:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Cross-Platform Gameranger
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cross-Platform Gameranger  (Read 33376 times)
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2004, 04:42:51 pm »

Get Ultimo back on GR anyway you can Xo, woot!  Smiley  Doesn't Ejo have a PC now too?

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2004, 04:44:48 pm »

as i'm reading this, i'm constantly asking myself why people seem to want to constantly reinvent the wheel, and produce copies/clones. It would be far more challenging to invent something new, or at least implement a proven technology in a different, better way.

and why is everyone so keen to have PC users on GameRanger?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 04:46:18 pm by *DAMN Elandrion » Logged

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
BoC.Hybrid.

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2004, 06:28:02 pm »

im pretty bored so maybe ill get into this. Not all PC doods cheat. some do yea, and i still dont understand why. it's just a game. why would someone waste their time gettin cheats? anyways, 7-5 typhy wtf does that mean? maybe some cb score or sumthin. i have no clue wut this whole thing is about. PC guys comin on GR. nah why would they waste their time with that shit. but i usally read all these posts sumtimes when im bored and see how all these people waste their time talkin shit to eachother. i am now kinda hah. but only when im bored and this is my first post. hmm so why do people talk shit to eachother on GR and why do people think PC doods cheat? because they are better then you? its a came come on who cares if they are bettter. some cheat yes but who cares? obviously u guys do. Civic as one example. by the looks of his posts it doesnt look like he likes  PC guys too much. maybe cuz they are a lot harder to play. Well i have no idea wut i just typed so ill just post and see how many people talk shit to me, cuz thats computer games for ya! peace out. feel free to talk shit. im all ears. hyb out
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2004, 06:28:08 pm »

Elan, the support for this GR is a lot smaller that it appears. So far almost everyone who's actively in on these forums and still have access to GR have posted against it. The only 3 who seem to be completely defending it are baz, blufire, and Ross. (waves viper cause he just wants that damn ult and eho back Wink ) But either way if ti came down to any sort of vote the vast majority of GR players would vote against it.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
electronicjo
Special Forces

up from a sub 60 feet below...

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2004, 08:48:22 pm »

Doesn't Ejo have a PC now too?

Of course, I do.

http://home.comcast.net/~electronicjo/gr-piece-of-cake.gif
xoclipse

ownage

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2004, 08:58:02 pm »

This is a bigger piece of cake jo:

http://www.fraghosts.net/oldgr.jpg

Edit: And 2 more where that came from:
http://www.fraghosts.net/anotheroldgr.jpg
http://www.fraghosts.net/anotheroldgr1.jpg
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 09:31:55 pm by xoclipse » Logged

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2004, 09:43:08 pm »

OMG.

The jo.

He lives.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Blufire

teabag or bust

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2004, 10:48:52 pm »

Ack, my piece of cake came out all deformed!

http://www.matrixcg.net/stuff/uglycake.jpg

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2004, 12:01:21 am »

<shakes head at all this> So now the PCer's can talk? That's great. GR better get some troll patrol out there.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
the oNe
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2004, 12:07:04 am »

Mysterio, I think you need to calm down until we know more about Xoc's Gameranger client and see how Evill responds to this.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2004, 12:08:41 am »

Is this project officially through? Or does it live on?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
the oNe
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2004, 12:14:51 am »

It is an open source project, so not only xoclipse is working on this PC Gameranger client.  Not sure if it is "official" though, seems to be in development stages still.
GhRa> Skipper

Bang Bang Bang Whos Dead? You!!!!!!!

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2004, 01:27:40 am »

Shocked Angry

WHAT THE **** IS THIS ******s PROBLEM!!!!! GAMERANGER: MACINTOSH GAMING SERVICE.  YOU STUPID TRAITOR WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh Roll Eyes

Aramarth: An interesting idea, though you know only premium members will ever get this.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2004, 01:40:48 am »

One shut up, we all know you a PCer but you can't afford to switch no matter how sad that sounds.

John Lennon
KungPow
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2004, 01:41:55 am »

Damnit.. Pc users dont come to Gr.. its not yourp lace.. you have your gaming space, we have ours.  And besides.. you dont want us to humiliate you do you?... cuz we will. but yea.. if thers a way to ban pc. please do it
[01] Dark

The [01] and only...

« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2004, 01:51:39 am »

My clan and another from GR have recently participated in a cross platform tourny with PC users in Ghr. These people were very cool guys, very helpfull and friendly.

I myself wont not object to have afew PC users over to play Ghr. Infact I think it would help the Ghr community. I think it would offer more challenges and I'm sure many mods and tournys would be available for Mac.

My point is: as long as we don't support PC only games like cs Lips Sealed and maybe had a some mac only chat rooms it wouldn't be soo bad.

But as Ghr is the only game I play on ghr I'm not sure how it would affect the reest of the GR community.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2004, 02:43:26 am »

Dark, there are a few good guys out there, but ti switched around like here, we may have a few bad ones, ie Rapid, romulus, but the majority are nice. You understanding? As KungPow said, they have their services we have ours.

John Lennon
bronto
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2004, 02:48:07 am »

incase you don't understand how it works, i'll enlighten you. PC users would only come if they could get something they want. since PCers can only play on a couple games with mac users, a very small croud would come, and they wouldn't come to harass people like some of you are suggesting. they would come to play, and that's about it. why are you so offended by this?
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2004, 02:51:04 am »

They have plenty of places to play on their platforms. They want to talk to us we use AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc. There is no way you can deny that there are, in % of population, more PC cheaters than macs.

John Lennon
bronto
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2004, 02:58:21 am »

i, a person who actually plays with pcers, can vouch that very few actually cheat, and on the rare occasion, it's completely obvious and they are immediately kicked. it's just a bad stereotype that mac users started using, when pcers started bashing macs. i can assure you that neither side should be talking, because it's just simply not true.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads