*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:13:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Halo 2? www.ilovebees.com
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Halo 2? www.ilovebees.com  (Read 2975 times)
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« on: July 28, 2004, 04:46:24 am »

Thought I might post this for the Mac xbox users who haven't heard of it yet.  Apparently somebody hacked this person's website.  It shows a countdown timer and reads:

"Halt -- Module Core Hemorrhage

Control has been yielded to the
SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX

This medium is classified, and has a STRONG INTRUSIVE INCLINATION.

PHASE 1 COMPLETE: Network throttling has eroded.

In 14 days this medium will metastasize.

COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: (the page shows a timer counting down from 30 days.)

Make your decisions accordingly.

Now the connection with Halo 2 you might ask?  Well, if you haven't done so already, find the Halo 2 trailer they have been showing in some theaters.  At the end where the xbox logo shows up (www.killersonspree.com/normal.pdf), it switches from "www.xbox.com" (www.killersonspree.com/switching.pdf) to "www.ilovebees.com" (www.killersonspree.com/ilovebees.pdf) and back again in a time of one frame.

URLs:
www.ilovebees.com
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/533/533929p1.html

kos.viper
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Brain 7
The box said "requires Windows 98 or better"... so I bought a Mac.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 05:48:37 am »

lol? As long as it doesn't mess with Halo 2, I don't care what some hacker does. Smiley

Btw Viper, I preordered GhR 2 and Fable today, debating on whether to purchase Madden or RS3 Black Arrow when they release.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 05:59:11 am »

It could be the apocalypse...

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
bronto
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 08:01:52 am »

wtf? is it bad for pcs if i clicked on that link? lol
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 09:20:11 am »

Thats interesting... o.0

Wonder what the hell it means, i guess we'll find out =)

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 10:12:09 am »

lol? As long as it doesn't mess with Halo 2, I don't care what some hacker does. Smiley

Btw Viper, I preordered GhR 2 and Fable today, debating on whether to purchase Madden or RS3 Black Arrow when they release.

Didn't know there was a R63 Black Arrow game coming out for xbox.  I'm waiting for Shell Shock '67 and eventually Brothers in Arms and one more game to come out, but I can't remember which, I will have to consult my bro Kirok about that, hes the King of xbox gaming news.  Smiley

The King of Pistoleros
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 11:25:00 am »

I'm with IGN on this one.. . it's ad campaign. Why would a bee farmer add words like this in her Meta tag

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="honey, bees, Margaret, small busines, beekeeping, hives, retail, market, Operator, bug, buggy, virus, infestation, WTF is going on with this damn thing, parasite, strong intrusive inclination, medium, messages, shipwreck, network throttling, SOS, hoax, game, bee hoax, bee game, survivor, survive, evade, resist, escape, a little help would be appreciated, thanks and tip your waitress, sleep, is, good, install, reinstall, re-reinstall, re-re-reinstall, I, love, bees">

Even if she added them after this "hacker took over" which is very unlikely, "Shipwreck" has nothing to do with the problem at the site, but if I understood correctly has something to do with the plot of Halo 2.

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 04:11:37 pm »

woot. is there any schedule for halo 2? i may just have to buy an xbox one of these days.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 05:42:42 pm »

Some think there is going to be some demo cd released at the end of the countdown timer.  And the answering machine that IGN got when they called the number on the site went straight to voicemail, no rings.

Hmm, I missed those meta tags.  I went straight on to the counter at the bottom of the code.

kos.viper
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 06:26:17 pm »

I want a demo really bad, but it might take away from the overall appeal from the game. Oh well, I want one anyway.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 06:47:17 pm »

I still say apocalypse.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
*NADS Foxy

Semper Fidelis

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 06:56:54 pm »

This been out for awhile now, but all that stuff you read is mystery set up by Bungie. Its like the Matrix, more you find, the farther down the rabbit hole you go.

No Hump=No Own

"A Marine is a rain cooled, foot powered, spam fed, semi-automatic fighting machine, never known to have a stoppage."
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 07:11:13 pm »

I'll wait until the second step occurs. Something has to happen or a lot of people will be pissed that they followed this.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 08:19:05 pm »

Nothing like a good ploy to raise yet more attention for the game...in a way?

John Lennon
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 09:10:49 pm »

I doubt the game has had any pre-orders anyways.

kos.viper
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 09:55:41 pm »

I have no doubt Halo 2 will be a good game. Remember the original Halo that was Mac first? That would have changed things a lot. Someone should try something like that these days, something that looks better than Doom 3 and Unreal 3 combined. That will be the end of PC dominance.

John Lennon
*NADS Foxy

Semper Fidelis

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2004, 05:44:14 am »

Just found an article on this whole mystery so you jartards can follow it further.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/27/news_6103575.html

No Hump=No Own

"A Marine is a rain cooled, foot powered, spam fed, semi-automatic fighting machine, never known to have a stoppage."
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2004, 06:53:08 am »

I love when companies do it. Game news site should stay out of it and let the people on forums guess about it. They ruin the fun.

John Lennon
PaYnE

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2004, 06:59:42 am »

I am freaked out by that website

"Just tell your team you werent gaurding the base because you were getting high, they'll understand"
kos.viper
Forum Whore

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2004, 02:11:20 pm »

Good article Foxy.

kos.viper
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads