*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:22:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Making Computer Memory?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Making Computer Memory?  (Read 973 times)
The Golden Shark

hehehe my picture is funny.........

« on: June 14, 2004, 10:41:08 pm »

so basically, most of these "Can i convert..." questions, come from the fact that my friend is about to ditch his PC, and i have gotten alot of the parts. My next question ( hopfully my last) will be this:

Can you convert PC Memory in to Mac Memory?? or are they universal to begin with? if you can convert them, how? is there an tutorial online, or something like that?

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 11:51:54 pm »

There is no difference between PC memory and Mac memory.  You just have to make sure it is the right memory for your computer.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
The Golden Shark

hehehe my picture is funny.........

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 12:04:21 am »

is there some kind of process to "jump start" the memory, because i did this, and my mac didn;t recognize the memory.... The only inconsistency was that the memory i put in had a Lower  Bus (100Mhz) than my other memory (133mhz) could that be the problem???

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
Scrach

Microsoft sux

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 12:08:36 am »

there different types of memory.  Not like PC/Mac type memory but diffent mobos support different memory. I think it is crucial.com or something but there you can check the type of memory that computer had and your computer had to see what you need.

From Robin Williams Live on Brodway:
When did you realize that you were creating a monopoly?
Gates:Monopoly is just a game senitor. I am trying to crontrol the whole fucking world.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 12:31:35 am »

is there some kind of process to "jump start" the memory, because i did this, and my mac didn;t recognize the memory.... The only inconsistency was that the memory i put in had a Lower  Bus (100Mhz) than my other memory (133mhz) could that be the problem???

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can mix different memory speeds in most macs.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 12:36:24 am »

In all newer Macs you can mix differant speeds, what's your machine/specs. and what type of memory was passed down to you?

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 12:37:24 am »

If you install RAM which runs at a lower clock speed than the other RAM, all the RAM slows down to match the slowest stick.

Here's the thing about getting PC RAM. Apple's machines are veeeery picky about the kind of RAM that they use. My machine takes PC133 SDRAM. Easy enough. Except that if the RAM has ECC, is registered, or is single-sided/high-density/8-chip, my machine can't use it. Guess what? Damn near all the SDRAM you can find online has one or all of those features. Basically, hit everymac.com, check the Apple Support Forum, Google for the exact specs of your machine, etc. Once you know what it can and can't accept, then you can Google for the serial or part number of the RAM chips you've got, which will generally get you the manufacturer's page or a seller or something and you can find out the specs on the RAM.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads