*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:43:52 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  RIP Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RIP Ronald Reagan  (Read 5047 times)
Abe 2.0

Lalalalalalalalalalalalala!

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2004, 08:04:13 am »

I'm sure if it were Clinton who had died, his right-wing hate club would be very respectful and keep things on topic....

and sorry if I insulted you BFG, but you were being a prick....
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2004, 08:09:49 am »

They probably wouldn't Abe, but my reaction wouldn't be any different. This whole issue is about respect, while you may not agree with someone politically, ideologically, or personally, you ought to respect a fallen leader. Now the degree of respect a leader is afforded will obviously be different depending on who it is (ranging from lets say FDR to GWB in his current state), but that person should still praised for the rights that he did the country.

Maybe down the road, opponents of the fallen leader can begin their bashing, but shortly after they die is classless and tasteless.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2004, 01:16:28 pm »

That right there is ALL I wanted to hear from you BFG.? I'm not there so I shouldn't have an opinion on your leaders.? I love it.? So don't you EVER talk about my President again because YOU are not over HERE!

I said. let me make this really clear GS so you can understand: Seeing as your not over hear i find it hard how you could consider yourself in a position to past judgement on it or my opinion The "My opinion" bit is the inportant bit there. I couldnt give a damn if your madly in love with Thatcher, but to just say i hate her for being a conservative, seems to show how little knowledge you have of her and what she did and how people regard her now in this country.

Why should i sing his praise? I don't regard him to be a great president, and him being alive or dead does not change what he did, and if people take deep offence that people do not sing his praise on a gaming forum then id suggest you go get some more fresh air.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 09:36:43 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2004, 09:30:27 pm »

Here's the only nice thing I can say about Reagan.

He looks like a liberal compared to Bush, W.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
-SW- Baz

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2004, 10:27:15 pm »

and if people take deep offence that people do not sing his praise on a gaming forum then id suggest you go get some more fresh air.

it's not about singing praise, it's about respect. it's sad to see such lack of morals with some people on this forum.

He who lives by the sword gets shot by those who don't.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2004, 10:48:29 pm »

Hold on. so now your telling me its imoral to say that your not going to miss someones political presence? jesus its not like people are dancing on his grave or attacking him as a person.

-SW- Baz

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2004, 11:01:05 pm »

no, it's completely fine to not miss someone's political presence, but saying shit like this is pretty low:

May that bitch burn in hell and visit Regan asap. amen.

i would also quote from your 'jackass' thread, but it was fortunetly deleted already

alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2004, 11:32:46 pm »

i would also quote from your 'jackass' thread, but it was fortunetly deleted already

Fortunate? Oh my mother fucking god. You think it's fortunate that was deleted? People like you don't deserve the freedom those men on D-Day fought for. Or the freedom men like Reagan fought for.

Do you even understand what freedom and democracy are? If you can't handle a difference of opinions you don't belong in this country (or in any free country for that matter). Get the fuck out already. Goddamn facist.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2004, 11:43:41 pm »

no, it's completely fine to not miss someone's political presence, but saying shit like this is pretty low

Ok this is almost gettting on the verge of comical now. Can i suggest before people post replys they actually read before trying to complain?

-Baz I do not like Magarat thatcher. perhaps if you were british you would understand why i despise her so strongly. May the bitch burn in hell. yes. i said it about her and i say it again. may she get just a taster just a tiny taste of the bloody suffering she caused. She and Regan were like to f*cking peas in a pod over some issues.

pretty low... pretty low... oh god.

BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2004, 11:50:31 pm »

no, it's completely fine to not miss someone's political presence, but saying shit like this is pretty low
Ok this is almost gettting on the verge of comical now. Can i suggest before people post replys they actually read before trying to complain?
-Baz I do not like Magarat thatcher. perhaps if you were british you would understand why i despise her so strongly. May the bitch burn in hell. yes. i said it about her and i say it again. may she get just a taster just a tiny taste of the bloody suffering she caused. She and Regan were like to f*cking peas in a pod over some issues.
pretty low... pretty low... oh god.

Okay BFG, I am just about over hearing how Margaret Thatcher is a bitch and ruined your life.  Please start a new thread and tell us all what she has actually done that has destroyed your life so bad.  Because I kinda like her.  I don't mind hearing what you have to say on the subject, I really don't, but this thread is not the place for it.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
-SW- Baz

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2004, 12:28:24 am »

alaric,
im not sure whether to take your post sarcastically or seriously, so i'll take it sarcastically because you completely missed the point of my previous post. i'd explain how, but am through wasting my time yet again on this forum...

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2004, 04:18:46 am »

The news is a buzz wih the false claims that Reagan was the most popular modern president. Ike, Johnson, JFK, Bush I, and Clinton top him for average approval. I bet that even Bush II will likely have a higher average approval that Reagan.

In a word, Reagan was nothing special.

http://media.gallup.com/POLL/focus/sr040210_3.gif

What is monumental is the icon that Reagan has become. He is the godfather - whether he'd approve or not - of the modern conservative movement. Too bad that means irresponsible fiscial policy and the wholesale abandonment of social services. And he'd likely be the first to scold Bush II for his go it alone foreign policy and his deliberate affronting of our allies.

Reagan was a masterful politician because the one thing he knew was people. And he knew that people can be reasoned with. He didn't blow up the USSR - he talked to them. He didn't allienate all of our western allies, he courted them. If there is one lesson to learn from Reagan's era - in my opinion the only lesson - it is that multilaterialism combined with engagement works.

Bush should take note the next time he lays claim to the Reagan legacy.

It's interesting. Reagan was almost impeached in '87 over Iran-Contra and yet many Republicans look to him as a "founding father" of sorts. I wonder if they could relate to how I feel about Clinton?

Great men are flawed men. Great leaders, even more so.

In any event, at the end of the day Reagan's legacy is peace. That's a good epitaph.

Oh, and Baz

and if people take deep offence that people do not sing his praise on a gaming forum then id suggest you go get some more fresh air.

it's not about singing praise, it's about respect. it's sad to see such lack of morals with some people on this forum.

Dude, he doesn't respect the same things as you. Oh well.

I can tell you this much: the day Bush W. dies I will be the first person in line to spit on his grave. How's that for respect? I mean, at least Reagan didn't strip us of our rights as Americans.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 04:35:10 am by "Sixhits" » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
-SW- Baz

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2004, 06:07:45 am »

the day Bush W. dies I will be the first person in line to spit on his grave.

<sigh>

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2004, 06:15:40 am »

It seems very sad that someone might lock this thread, one in tribute to a great man such as Reagan, but shouldn't this be locked while it still retains some integrity?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2004, 07:52:58 am »

« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 06:37:19 am by c| Spetsnaz. » Logged

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2004, 07:49:08 pm »

Turns out both Clinton and Carter are not invited to attend Reagan's State funeral - one paid for by tax dollars.

http://www.drudgereport.com/rr1.htm

It's not like the Republicans ran outa room or something.

BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2004, 09:06:50 pm »

Well, personally I believe that Nancy Reagan can invite whomever she wants to be there, or to speak.  But if it's any consolation to all you Democrats out there, when I die I'm not gonna want Clinton to speak at my funeral either.  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2004, 10:19:55 pm »

Hmmm, you should read your own article.

Clinton is upset he is not invited to speak at the funeral, not because he is not invited.  It is actually written in the code for a state funeral that all past presidents can and should attend.

Besides this, it's just bitching.  From the list of speakers, there is only the current president speaking and non of the former presidents are.  Unless there are any changes there should really be no problem here.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2004, 01:02:45 am »

Hmmm, you should read your own article.

Clinton is upset he is not invited to speak at the funeral, not because he is not invited.  It is actually written in the code for a state funeral that all past presidents can and should attend.

Besides this, it's just bitching.  From the list of speakers, there is only the current president speaking and non of the former presidents are.  Unless there are any changes there should really be no problem here.

I made the mistake of not reading the details clearly. Looks like I got sucked in my another Drudge headline. Sad

PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2004, 02:03:18 am »

Actually, from what I hear, Bush Sr. is going to eulogize Reagan. Turns out Thatcher is going to be there also, something that earlier was not expected.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads