*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:41:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  RIP Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RIP Ronald Reagan  (Read 5043 times)
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« on: June 05, 2004, 10:58:46 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/05/reagan.health/index.html

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 01:08:34 am »

Just came back from outside his Bel-Air home...today is a very sad day for all Americans.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 01:29:41 am »

"Whether you agreed or disagreed with Ronald Reagan, you can't deny he was honest, fought hard for what he believed in, and had the courage of his convictions. He will be remembered as one of our finer presidents," Schumer said.

Thats a great quote...

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 02:00:23 am »

I just updated the military tribute page I made for President Reagan several years ago:

Ronald W. Reagan

He was the first President I ever voted for (in a mock election in grade school when I was 7 years old).

His White House Presidential Biography:

President Ronald Reagan

My Favorite Reagan Quote:

"My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes."

-Ronald Reagan, Said during a radio microphone test, 1984

I will miss this great American who brought so much to the United States, our military, our national pride, and to the world when he aided the downfall of the Soviet Union.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 05:48:25 am by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 03:58:51 am »

You will be missed Mr. Reagan, you will be missed.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 10:26:32 am »

Only person who's gonna miss him over here i think will be the evil hag they also call "margarat Thatcher" the twisted bitch of a ex prime minister who did more damage to this country than can ever be measured.
May that bitch burn in hell and visit Regan asap. amen.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2004, 10:54:53 am »

Only person who's gonna miss him over here i think will be the evil hag they also call "margarat Thatcher" the twisted bitch of a ex prime minister who did more damage to this country than can ever be measured.
May that bitch burn in hell and visit Regan asap. amen.

That's really pathetic BFG.....even for you.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2004, 11:20:40 am »

lol. pathetic that i despise a woman who ripped this country to pieces? Pathetic i found the relationship between Thatcher and Regan disgusting and sickening?  pathetic i don't have anything great to say to the guy who said
"My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes."  ?

Or pathetic that im not singing the praise of america.......

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2004, 11:50:29 am »

The thing is.. He might have said it.. but more then likely as a joke.. sence he was the prez who helped end the cold war between the USA and russia.

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2004, 04:20:19 pm »

lol. pathetic that i despise a woman who ripped this country to pieces? Pathetic i found the relationship between Thatcher and Regan disgusting and sickening?  pathetic i don't have anything great to say to the guy who said
"My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes."  ?
Or pathetic that im not singing the praise of america.......

No, pathetic that you bad-mouth a man the day that he died.  That is really the low point in your existence, BFG.  That you would be so hateful on the day someone dies just because you didn't like his politics.

By the way, that quote is from a mic test before a radio broadcast, it just shows that the man had a sense of humor.  Kind of ironic that the Soviet Union did later fall much to his credit.

Damn dude, if you don't have anything nice to say about someone, at least don't say it the DAY THEY DIE!

Okay, now for Margaret Thatcher.....

Okay, now why do you dispise her so much?  What exactly is it about her that is so bad?

The part where she ended the Welfare State?  Sorry, but that is to be commended.  The part where she downsized government?  Again, sounds good to me.  The part where she supported America during the Persian Gulf War?  Don't see anything wrong there.  Oh, maybe the part where she made the world safer for capitalism?  Well, I tend to prefer capitalism.

But I think the real issue you have with her is that she was a CONSERVATIVE.  Well piss on you, BFG.  Conservatives make the world a better place.  So sorry you don't agree.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 04:31:16 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2004, 06:00:30 pm »

Never met the guy personally but sounds like a great guy.

Well, everyone dies eventually.

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2004, 07:43:07 pm »

Conservatives make the world a better place.  So sorry you don't agree.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

Now, be fair. Liberals have done just as much good in the world as Conservatives. It's not the politics that change the world for the better, it's the people in charge. I can think of plenty lousy conservative presidents, and plenty of lousy liberal presidents.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
Abe 2.0

Lalalalalalalalalalalalala!

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2004, 09:24:58 pm »

Yea, BFG, you suck!
I don't think highly of Reagan's record as pres either, but you're just being a prick.....
And Ghostsniper, saying that Reagan won the Cold War is for dunces...there was a little more to it than that.
Also, the British have a lot of good reasons to dislike Thatcher like the poll tax or the thing with the unions. Europe is'nt America and what think is a "good thing" or "commendable" in the US (though this is debatable too) might not be the best over there. Time and time again you have proven yourself not only uninformed , but also disdainful of the rest of the world....this is'nt any different.....[waits for diatribe about college degrees, military record, etc.] It's too bad that despite all those credentials, you still have'nt realized that you are so manipulated by the whole republican/democrat; conservative/liberal thing that you can't even discuss something rationally....

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2004, 11:08:19 pm »

Even though he was the father of modern conservatism (which turned into neo-conservatism and is fooking this country up), he was a real uniter and proponent of freedom.

He was humble and courteous, not pompous and arrogant, and he could actually tell a joke. He was a master public speaker and very charismatic. He even started his political career as a Democrat, so there was hope for him. Basically he was everything W is not.

General Rule of thumb, you can criticize a dead politician 72 hours after they are in the ground.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2004, 11:24:44 pm »

Keep this thread on topic, that is the least you could do to respect a man who changed the world for the better.

Anyone going off topic in this thread for their own personal agendas will be given a forum warning.

woah, Sin...take a deep breath here.  warnings are a tad over the top.
however anyone taking the thread off topic will be aggressively moderated

-Brain
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 02:54:52 am by Brain » Logged

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2004, 01:27:27 am »

Quick quick try and kick your high horse up another gear im sure you can go just a bit faster.

Show me exactly where i had a go at Regan? You can't unless me saying i didn't think he would be particulaly missed over here is considered such an insult. As for thatcher Seeing as your not over hear i find it hard how you could consider yourself in a position to past judgement on it or my opinion. Im not insulting the guy, ok he's dead and im not singing his praise -  that dosn't change the damn world.

Yea, BFG, you suck!
I don't think highly of Reagan's record as pres either, but you're just being a prick.....

Great lets pull out the personal insults.

Maybe just the wrong place to vent of steam at Thatcher. I linked the two together at a bad time, and accepted with bad taste. However it was still my oppinion and that right here differs.

... Cue the forum warning

alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2004, 02:47:44 am »

Anyone going off topic in this thread for their own personal agendas will be given a forum warning.

You better warn yourself then. Using your mod powers to silence dissent is worthy of a warning in my book. Falls under "using this thread for their own personal agendas" too. Tsk tsk.

As for Reagan, I have little doubt in my mind that he was a true patriot. He really believed in this country and the American way of life. I do not agree with many of the policies and actions he took during his presidency, but I have to respect that his heart was in the right place.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004, 05:06:01 am »

As for thatcher Seeing as your not over hear i find it hard how you could consider yourself in a position to past judgement on it or my opinion.

That right there is ALL I wanted to hear from you BFG.  I'm not there so I shouldn't have an opinion on your leaders.  I love it.  So don't you EVER talk about my President again because YOU are not over HERE!

PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2004, 05:59:04 am »

[off topic]

You better warn yourself then. Using your mod powers to silence dissent is worthy of a warning in my book. Falls under "using this thread for their own personal agendas" too. Tsk tsk.

You are a moron, if I wanted to use my mod powers to silence dissent in the forums, you wouldn't see most of the leftist propaganda that has appeared here of late. All I want people to do is stay on a fucking topic for once, regardless of what it might be...it really isn't that hard. If you want to talk about something else or steer a topic in a different direction, make a new fucking topic, it isn't that hard to do. [/off topic]

I am glad most people are showing their respects to the former president, but those who aren't should take a page out of the books of almost every other American and not talk shit about him. Spetsnaz pretty much has a grasp of the situation:
General Rule of thumb, you can criticize a dead politician 72 hours after they are in the ground.

I for one will try to make it to SImi Valley to his Presidential library for a chance to see him laying in state, to pay respect to one of the better presidents of the 20th century. Regardless of your politics, you have to admire the man (no, I am not a neo-con or for that matter a full Republican...I tend to see myself as middle leaning right, which is pretty much like being a neo-con on these forums)

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
bloobloo
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2004, 06:53:28 am »

As for Reagan, I have little doubt in my mind that he was a true patriot. He really believed in this country and the American way of life. I do not agree with many of the policies and actions he took during his presidency, but I have to respect that his heart was in the right place.

The title of the thread IS RIP Ronald Reagan....so I think a mod has the choice to delete or warn those that get out of line. It's always a different story when someone YOU respect dies. Put yourself in someone elses shoes before initiating diarhhea of the mouth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads