*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:28:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns Guns  (Read 4499 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: May 24, 2004, 07:49:10 pm »

Thats right GS....
Americans don't own guns do they. The colombine shooting never happend.... You don't have a organisation called the national rifle association.... the list goes on....

Okay, here is one big point that I think the Americans and Europeans are on a totally different page on.  The public owning guns.  I would like to know what is wrong with me owning a gun?

Please enlighten me.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE!  PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.  I can just as easily end your life with my bare hands as with my Glock 29.  I can just as easily turn my Mag-Lite Flashlight into a lethal weapon.  So what is the problem with me owning a gun?

And my favorite quote:

"Gun Control Means Hitting What You Are Aiming At."

Also:

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers."

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 08:17:50 pm »

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE!  PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE

thats exactly why everybody shouldnt have a gun !!!

OMG another 4 years !!!
th.Sentinel

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 08:33:42 pm »

Destroying Freedom of Speech is something the Europeans are much better at than we are.

Ghostsniper, can you actually make a post where you don't go on bashing another state or country? Fucking racist, stop generalizing and fucking stop acting like America is paradise on earth.

Moore's movie can be total bullshit I don't care, I don't even want to see the crap. But the fact you have to turn it in another US vs Euro thing, man grow up.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE!? PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.? I can just as easily end your life with my bare hands as with my Glock 29.? I can just as easily turn my Mag-Lite Flashlight into a lethal weapon.? So what is the problem with me owning a gun?

The problem is, you only think about killing. Learn to LOVE!
And Earth would be a peacefull planet.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 08:45:12 pm »

Destroying Freedom of Speech is something the Europeans are much better at than we are.
Ghostsniper, can you actually make a post where you don't go on bashing another state or country? Fucking racist, stop generalizing and fucking stop acting like America is paradise on earth.
Moore's movie can be total bullshit I don't care, I don't even want to see the crap. But the fact you have to turn it in another US vs Euro thing, man grow up.

Sentinel...you need to go back up and look and see that I was replying to BFG's argument that the U.S. wouldn't allow the film to be shown because we don't believe in Freedom of Speech.  That is a European telling me that my country is violating Freedom of Speech.  So why don't you go gripe to BFG for saying that before you come gripe at me for replying to him.

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE!? PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.? I can just as easily end your life with my bare hands as with my Glock 29.? I can just as easily turn my Mag-Lite Flashlight into a lethal weapon.? So what is the problem with me owning a gun?
The problem is, you only think about killing. Learn to LOVE!
And Earth would be a peacefull planet.

I don't think about killing.  I havn't seriously thought about killing anyone since I was in the military.  But if you try to break in my house, or harm my family, I believe I have the right of self-defense.

BANG.

Your Dead.

And I promise you I will not miss.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 08:50:34 pm »

But if you try to break in my house, or harm my family,

oh boy that is soooo cliche !

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 08:58:52 pm »

But if you try to break in my house, or harm my family,
oh boy that is soooo cliche !

So now you are saying that nobody in America gets their house broken into?  Hey, we might be one of the best places in the world to live, but we still have crime--just like the rest of the world.

seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 09:02:33 pm »

didnt say that GS, but i'm pretty sure the odds of being "visited" and harmed in your house by a robber are way lower than dying in a car accident on the freeway.

OMG another 4 years !!!
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 09:06:11 pm »

GS, you have guns in your household? With a 4 year old daughter? (or 5 w/e)

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 09:15:59 pm »

Guns are perfectly safe to own, as long as you keep them locked up in a gun safe/gun cabinet, use trigger locks, store the ammo in a seperate location (also locked up), etc. There are a lot less gun accidents than the media makes you think. In fact, statistically, doctors are much more dangerous in terms of accidents, and there's only 700,000 doctors or so in America, as opposed to the millions of gun owners. Anyways, I can dig up the numbers if anyone wants.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 09:22:35 pm »

didnt say that GS, but i'm pretty sure the odds of being "visited" and harmed in your house by a robber are way lower than dying in a car accident on the freeway.

1) Depends on where you live.
2) Depends on how good of a driver you are.

Wink

Luckily for me, I don't think there has been an armed robbery in my neighborhood at least since I was born (17 years)... hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there never has been.

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 09:26:02 pm »

GS, you have guns in your household? With a 4 year old daughter? (or 5 w/e)

Yes I do.  If you teach your children how to behave around guns properly, there will not be a problem.  Also, I don't really agree with Mr. Mellow on his post.  What good is my Glock if someone tries to break in during the middle of the night if I have to go searching for my ammo or have to remember the combination to some stupid lock (and/or trying to find a key for it).

My Glock cannot be fired unless done a certain way.  It is in a holster that has to be pulled out a certain way or it will not come out (something my 5 year old will not be able to do).  These two methods will keep it from ever being accidentally discharged by anyone in the house.

It remains loaded and ready to kill bad guys at all times.   Smiley

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 09:31:43 pm »

True, GS. But, they have some very easy-access gun safes that are still childproof. Anyhoo, found those doctor statistics. Feel free to prove any of the information wrong, but I'm 99% the information is correct.

FACTS ABOUT DOCTORS

a. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.
b. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year is 120,000.
c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171 (US Dept. of Health &
Services).

Then think about this:
a. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000.
b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is 1500.
c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188.
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous that
gun owners.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2004, 09:38:46 pm »

you're taking accidental deaths, i'm not sur this is fair. For example, Columbine deaths are not accidental, so they wouldnt be counted for. Also the husband killing his wife coz she had an affair or just coz he was drunk is also not accidental and wouldnt be accounted for.

Do you have other numbers ?

OMG another 4 years !!!
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2004, 09:45:18 pm »

Well, most guns used in crimes are acquired illegally, so that doesn't really count, in my opinion. We were talking about accidental deaths (someone mentioned GS having guns around his kids). Besides, in the case of the husband/wife killing their spouse, if there wasn't a gun, they would have just used a knife or a chainsaw or a nailgun or something. If someone wants to kill a person bad enough, there's thousands of ways of doing it. Now, I do agree that there should be better screening on people who own guns, like maybe a psychological exam or something ha. But that won't be happening, and if a person wants a gun, they'll just get one illegally anyways. I don't think it's such a good idea to take away guns from law-abiding citizens who want to defend themselves or do target practice for fun. I know it's a cliche statement, but if you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have them.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2004, 10:02:45 pm »

but if you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have them.

EXACTIFUCKINGMUNDO (I think that's a word).

I've been arguing this point for years.  If you make owning guns illegal, then the only people that will have guns are the criminals.  So basically that would just leave the rest of us law-abiding citizens without a means of defending ourselves.  Also, this country was founded on a right to bare arms.  So now many liberals are trying to take away a basic right that Americans have had for 2 Centuries.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2004, 11:10:24 pm »

I don't think about killing.? I havn't seriously thought about killing anyone since I was in the military.? But if you try to break in my house, or harm my family, I believe I have the right of self-defense.

BANG.
Your Dead.
And I promise you I will not miss

Hahaha

Its cool. Ghostsniper is saying he would do exactly what the Palestinians are doing. He would defend his house and Family. So if you attack him and he fights back you can call him a terrorist seeing as thats what the paletinians who defend themselfs apprently are.

Sentinel...you need to go back up and look and see that I was replying to BFG's argument that the U.S. wouldn't allow the film to be shown because we don't believe in Freedom of Speech.

And GS perhaps you should back up and see that i wasn't arguing that the US wasn't going to allwo the film to show... At no point did i say they wouldn't, just commented on the fact that if they did it wouldn't surpirse me it would probably come under a terrorist threat or some bullshit.

FACTS ABOUT DOCTORS

a. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.
b. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year is 120,000.
c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171 (US Dept. of Health &
Services).

Then think about this:
a. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000.
b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is 1500.
c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188.
Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous that
gun owners.

Excuss me but when was there not a difference between acidental and intentional?

Yes I do.? If you teach your children how to behave around guns properly, there will not be a problem.? Also, I don't really agree with Mr. Mellow on his post.? What good is my Glock if someone tries to break in during the middle of the night if I have to go searching for my ammo or have to remember the combination to some stupid lock (and/or trying to find a key for it).

It remains loaded and ready to kill bad guys at all times.

Why do they need to behave around guns? WHAT USE IS THERE FOR A GUN OTHER THAN TO KILL? You do not need a gun. Tell me that there would be no change in the number of people killed in the US if guns were banned - completely.

I agree its not just down to guns though. Look at somwhere like Austria where i believe it is the law for everyhousehold to have a gun (sort of civil defence)... but they just don't go around killing each other... I guess its just down to a difference in the society then... i know which one i would prefer to bring my kids up in.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2004, 11:30:32 pm »

wasn't that blocked from airing by like NBC or something since it critisized the goverment?

It's a movie.

Airing it on a network is what you do AFTER a movie's been in the theaters. Basically, airing it on a network would be cutting a significant amount of cash out of your sale and it would undercut potential publicity for anciliary revenue (ie, ppl go see the movie, love it, then they're more inclined to buy the DVD, and watch it on TV [thus letting the movie profit multiple times]).

Plus, the way networks are these days none of them would touch it with a ten foot pole. They are all much to corporate and Moore's film is very partisan (in that it reveals the negative truthes sorounding the Iraq war and 911).

I have no problem with Moore until people start calling his films documentaries, because they are anything but that. It's heavily politicized entertainment, nothing more. He presents a very narrow perspective of the problem, then omits views and arguements that don't fit into his analysis......if this guy is a documentary film-maker, then Rush Limbo is a serious journalist.

They are too documentries. They are simply partisan documentries.

Guns are perfectly safe to own, as long as you keep them locked up in a gun safe/gun cabinet, use trigger locks, store the ammo in a seperate location (also locked up), etc. There are a lot less gun accidents than the media makes you think. In fact, statistically, doctors are much more dangerous in terms of accidents, and there's only 700,000 doctors or so in America, as opposed to the millions of gun owners. Anyways, I can dig up the numbers if anyone wants.

The stats re doctors and guns are misleading. For one, yah, there are millions on gun owners (millions more guns) and only under a million doctors. However, those doctors see MANY MANY millions of ppl. There is no correlation betweeen gun deaths and doctor accidents. You know why? Nearly EVERYONE sees a doctor at least once a year. It's INCREDIBLY more common for someone to get sick than for someone to own a gun. Further, there are a wide range of illnesses, many of which are terribly complex and little understood. Cap that with the fact that doctors, esp ER doctors, are over worked and you begin to have a context for understanding why gun deaths v doctor accidents is just a plan silly comparison.

Frankly, it is never safe to own a gun. You can only minimalize the risk of owning a gun. Someone like Ghost would be far better at safely owning a gun because of years of experience. Average Joe is another thing, and fuck if I want Average Joe owning a firearm. We supposedly live in a civilized nation and yet we have thousands of gun deathes a year. The reality is that Americans do not respect the right to bear arms - they think they deserve it, rather than that they have to earn it. And like with anything you get for free (from easy sex to winning the lotto) you can never fully apprieciate the Gravitas of that Right.

Our founding fathers knew what it meant to own a weapon. They used it as a tool and looked at the owning of a weapon as part of what secured this nation's boarders. Today, we have no need for milita - as we have a professional army and local and state based police forces. The only valid argument remaining is that some people "need" to own a gun because it is a useful tool. But no one really owns a gun because it is a tool. People own guns today because it's cool, it's masculine, it's fun to brandish at passing black ppl ... The truth is more people are killed by their OWN GUN than by other people's weapons.

So, yah, for now own your guns. When I get in charge you'll lose them all, cause you are a danger to yourself by owning one. It's for your own good that we take them away. When you've all grown up and can be responsible maybe you can have single-shot, lever action, breach loading .22.

Tongue

Turning quadruple post into one post. -assassin
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 02:19:31 am by PsYcO aSsAsSiN » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2004, 11:57:50 pm »

Why do they need to behave around guns? WHAT USE IS THERE FOR A GUN OTHER THAN TO KILL? You do not need a gun. Tell me that there would be no change in the number of people killed in the US if guns were banned - completely.

I'll Tell you one thing...... I love to go out shooting guns... Not everyone uses them for killing.. I like sport/Target acuracy shooting. As for teaching them to behave right around guns... Like GS has said.. Guns dont kill peeps.. peeps kill peeps.. Guns just dont point at some one and go off by them selves.. It take someone to do make the guns work.. If he teaches his child to respect a gun and not to play w/ them.. then the gun has no reason to go off killing one of her friends on accident!!

Its cool. Ghostsniper is saying he would do exactly what the Palestinians are doing. He would defend his house and Family. So if you attack him and he fights back you can call him a terrorist seeing as thats what the paletinians who defend themselfs apprently are.

The diff is.. GS is talking about someone breaking into his house.. Not just shooting someone on the street b/c the guys 3rd cusin was shooting at GS's brother a month ago.

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2004, 11:59:15 pm »

The stats re doctors and guns are misleading. For one, yah, there are millions on gun owners (millions more guns) and only under a million doctors. However, those doctors see MANY MANY millions of ppl. There is no correlation betweeen gun deaths and doctor accidents.

... NOt only that but Doctors (belive it or not) spend their lives trying to SAVE People... you only see a doctor if there is somthing wrong with you. I mean this is daft. of course people die - thats why the doctor/surgen is seeing you in the first place! - to help stop it from happening.

Guns have one purpose and one purpose only. To destroy - to kill. To end life. There is one purpose and ONE PURPOSE ONLY. Why are you obsessed with having somthing which represents nothin but death and destruction in your house? To bring kids up in a hosue with guns? Are you sane?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2004, 12:31:06 am »

Here's a little thought experiment:

What is more likely to kill you or your family if kept in your house?

1) a gun.
2) a doctor.

You may pick one.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads