*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:16:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who the hell do people on GameRanger think they are?  (Read 2613 times)
static

"Only the dead have seen the end of War" ~Plato

« on: May 24, 2004, 10:59:57 pm »

Today I had a very interresting talk with Serpes of the Network.  He  insisted that I vote for John Kerry for president.  Well to make a long story short.  Kerry has a long history of voting against military presents in other countries.  He was elected into the U.S. Senate in 1984 and started his anti-war statements in the Senate there after.  He has afected my life in ways no one on GR can imagine.  I was in the USO club in Naples Italy when it was bombed by terrorists.  I was not physically injured, but I have visions trapped in my head no one would want to see.  He voted against having higher securty at locations that service men and women gather.  That day in April 1988, I lost a friend and saw may others scared for life including myself.   Because of this, my thoughts may not be very clear at this time.  (thanks Serpes)  The GameRanger community should remember not everyone signed up is in high school or not old enough to have served for there country.

Serpes told me  to "get a job", after finding out I do WWII re-enacting to honor the fallen soldiers and veterans of past wars.  I told him "what better way to honor fall soldiers than the portray one".  He replied "yeah I can, let it end".  Well for verterans today, it still has not ended.  These brave men and women served and died for there countries.  What have the general community of GR done for theres?  Execpt bash the governments of their countries.  

Granted Serpes, you did not know I am a disabled veteran.  Still your personal attack on my typing skills and grasp for the english language, were uncalled for.(asking me if I was an immagrant)  You opened images I have tucked away for years. (again, thank you very much) No one asked you to join the posts between Joka and myself.  If you have nothing nice to say maybe you should have stayed out of the convo.

I'm not looking for anything from GR, just for people to think before lashing out in a public forum.  Stop the attacks on peoples personal activities.  If they are being an asshole, then by all means, fire away, they deserve it.

Damn people, this a gaming community, not real life experiences.  Get a grip on it.

static

p.s.  When was the last time you thanked a veteran?

Life's to short to be pissed off all the time.  So, take your pants off, shave your head, grab a beer and play some games.  Remember all it's ONLY a game.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 11:11:42 pm »

Well said Static.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 11:24:29 pm »

Serpes had better appologize - at the least.

It's one thing to disagree, get angry, and say stupid or cruel things. It's something else to bash a person just because you disagree. And when confronted with the reality of your cruelty, to keep wacking away.

Serpes: you are a irresponsible bastard. Thanks for giving truth to the negativity presumed of liberals.

Static: thanks for getting out there and sacrificing for us all.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 01:06:57 am »

I do WWII re-enacting to honor the fallen soldiers and veterans of past wars.

That's cool. I've thought about getting involved in WWII or Civil War Re-enacting. Where do you do it and how does one get involved?

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Ssickboy

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 02:11:38 am »

Touching post Static.  I knew you were a cool dude, and my impression of you has come more to light.  Thank you for your sacrifice.

Much respects,

Ssickboy

Retire Bush
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 02:25:49 am »

This Serpes character seems like a grade "A" internet asshole.

Anywho, I seem to thank a lot of veterans whenever I walk by the VA hospital here in Westwood, many seem to genuinely appreciate it when you take time out of your day to thank them and talk with them a little bit.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 03:38:23 am »

n00bs everywhere, you roxxor man
Noto
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 07:17:42 am »

Static, I think you are at least twice the age of Serp.  Now, I'm not defending him in the least, as I completely agree with everything you said.  What I feel you have failed to realize is that some people just say things to irritate others.  Some people just say things to get a "rise" out of others.  Some people say things that they have absolutely no clue of the subject of what they are speaking.  I think you have encountered at least all of these scenarios with Serp.  He's a young kid with little to know life experience in the real world.  He wasn't even in kindergarten when the Gulf War was being fought.  In fact, he probably wasn't even born yet when the USO in Italy was targeted.  I hope that those little facts give some perspective to this situation without making light of it.

Just avoid people that annoy you or who you wish not to read a single line of text that they type into GR.  I personally have 114 people blocked in GR, and most of them are just people I frankly do not care to deal with or listen to on any level.  It keeps things nice and unstressful.  Remember Uffy, I'm not coming down on you, I'm just saying that you are better than this and that you should just sweep it under the carpet.  There's no use arguing with someone who has made up their mind.  It will only serve to frustrate you more.

.::|N| Noto
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 03:17:32 pm »

I personally have 114 people blocked in GR, and most of them are just people I frankly do not care to deal with or listen to on any level.

Wow!  I don't have a single person blocked.  Not even Typhy.  When somebody starts shit with me (which isn't very often, come to think of it), I just ignore them.  But what Serpes did was definitely uncalled for.

There's just some people in life I would like to meet on the street.  Then I could show them my neat neck-snapping trick I learned in the Army.   Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
static

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 03:23:06 pm »

Hello all,

My post was not to draw sympathy from anyone.  It was to let the community know how out of control it is.  People should keep their mouths shut on topics they have no clue about.  What gives these people the right to lash out at people they don?t know?  Making fun of them, and belittling to the point that it makes them stir up memories they are trying to put away.  The whole thing started when Serpes stuck his nose somewhere it didn?t belong.

I do see your point, but still, that horrible day exploded into my again after he told me to ?let it end?.  For friends and family of the victims it will NEVER END.  The only thing we can do is remember the good times and try and forget that terrible day.

You said that he is probably half my age?  Ignorance of history is no excuse for his behavior.  Nor is it for anyone.  Politics have no business being displayed in the main chat areas on GameRanger.  If people wish to display support for a candidate, they should open a chat room and talk in there.  I?m sure members from other country?s could care less about our government.

Again point taken, but people should think twice before spewing crap out of their mouths.

static

Life's to short to be pissed off all the time.  So, take your pants off, shave your head, grab a beer and play some games.  Remember all it's ONLY a game.
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 06:39:34 pm »

I agree with yah static....alot of people on GR are ignorant and out of place. For example, those people that ban eachother from servers. Its a waste of time and it ruins the game. I come on GR to play games and escape the reality of life, but those who ban me from servers for owning them just kills the fun of it. Then there are those on GR who talk endlessly without meaning and thats retarded also. Bah too much stuff to talk about. To make a long story short i agree with u static.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Noto
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 07:44:55 pm »

You said that he is probably half my age?  Ignorance of history is no excuse for his behavior.

I hope I wasn't implying that it was.  If anything, I was trying to say that he's not out in teh real world.  He's probably still under the rule of his ignorant parents, but that doesn't mean he's going to be like this forever.  He's a hot head most times, and definitely does not want to hear the views of others.  I can't wait until he gets out of high school.  If he doesn't join the Klan or get the shit kicked out of him at a truck stop, he might grow up to be a civilized person. Wink

Again point taken, but people should think twice before spewing crap out of their mouths.

And that's exactly why I have some many people blocked.  I mean yeah, I can ignore it, but putting forth the effort to ignore GR spam is far more effort than simply blocking the fools.

.::|N| Noto

I'm with ya Uffy!  Grin
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 08:53:01 pm »

There's just some people in life I would like to meet on the street.  Then I could show them my neat neck-snapping trick I learned in the Army.   Wink

Not trying to bitch here, but you sound just as immature as they are when you say things like that.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 08:54:01 pm by Crypt » Logged

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 09:26:21 pm »

Not trying to bitch here, but you sound just as immature as they are when you say things like that.

And you know what Crypt?  YOU can't take a fucking joke!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

PaYnE
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 12:18:29 am »

Fisrt, why didnt you tell me any of this when we were in the clan uffz?
Second I am really fucking tired of hearing about Ghostsnipers army skills, who the fuck cares? Keep it to yourself man
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004, 12:35:37 am »

Fisrt, why didnt you tell me any of this when we were in the clan uffz?
Second I am really fucking tired of hearing about Ghostsnipers army skills, who the fuck cares? Keep it to yourself man

Seems you can't take a fucking joke either.  Oh, and why don't you fucking sign in.  And lastly, you would care about my fucking skills if you met me on the street.

Now go eat shit and die like a good little bitch.

Now then, learn to take a fucking joke!  What I just wrote is my way of joking around with you!   Wink

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2004, 01:08:10 am »

You joke like a bull in a china shop: ha ha ha all the way through the wall and over people.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2004, 01:53:39 am »

You joke like a bull in a china shop: ha ha ha all the way through the wall and over people.

Why thank you Sixhits.  I'll take that as a compliment.  Smiley

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2004, 01:57:19 am »

Its like freaking Amercan Pie isn't it.... "this one time at bandcamp......

"This one time at army camp....."

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
static

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 02:02:43 am »

Payne,

SK lasted about 2 hours after I joined.  MaD, well, I signed up on a Friday and following a cb against SSI on Sunday evening I left to join them.  Sorry to bring up old times.

The rest of you,

OMG this is exactly what I'm talking about.  You guys managed to turn this post into a flame in 24 hours.  NJ, GG, well done.  Try putting a sock in it for a bit and think before typing.

***BTs_static:points up at the subject line.......................................................................
                Plain and simple.  No posting unless you have something relevant to say, please.

Thank you and good night,

static

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads