*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:16:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Poll
Question: What topic would you be most interested in fighting with other people about?
Sports - 4 (22.2%)
Music - 2 (11.1%)
Technology - 3 (16.7%)
Writing/Literature - 0 (0%)
History - 1 (5.6%)
Space Exploration/General Universe - 2 (11.1%)
Artwork - 2 (11.1%)
Other - 4 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poll on what you want to see on these forums.  (Read 1596 times)
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« on: May 23, 2004, 08:25:58 am »

This is a post im making immediately after becoming all depressed from posting on the "Pictures of children not being shot" thread BFG put up, and everybody so vigerously attacked.

So, this is an attempt to change the direction of the forums, at least a little.  Lets talk about, or argue with each other, about something that is 1) not depressing/with no real solution (Israel/Palestine, politics, blah blah blah) and 2) Doesnt involve killing innocent civilians (though it is nice to not kill people at all, technology is frequently developed for the purpose of killing combatants, the actual technology is still not the hotspot, its how its been used)

Now, getting to the actual point, and trying to still interest those few of you who are still reading (im betting the number is around zero)  Depending on the results of the poll, if any, ill seriously put in a significant chunk of time to pose a -question-, not a belief, to the community, and see what people have to say/discuss/fight about.  

If you all think this is a totally retarded idea, feel free to say so and ill take the poll down.  Just trying to shift the mainstream discussions on the forum away from things where its so divided nobody is interested in compromise, just excercising their ability to yell at each other with no actual progress (in the spirit of the upcomming political elections, im sure)

~Lone

PS - If you mark 'Other' please put a post up about what your 'other' catagory is, and ill keep your suggestion on a piece of paper, and add votes to it if/when people vote for it.  So be creative!  Ill also keep a running list on this message so people can see what has been voted for under the 'other' catagory.
PSS - I realize there is a recent poll about Music, but that is about your preference on music, not a specific question, which this will be, if it works. (and assuming music is picked)

OTHER'OTHER' Catagory - Topics which do not fit with the above, or are more specific.  If you would like to vote for one, vote 'Other' on the poll, then post, and specify which existing catagory you would like to place your vote for. To make it easier for me to know who is putting in a serious vote for the 'Other' catagory, please at the top of your post, or somewhere, just put -Other-, or something like that.(Ill update sometime around midnight every day, if anyone cares)

-  Automobiles - 1 Vote
-  Food - 2 Votes
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 04:04:43 am by c| Lone-Wolf » Logged

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 08:36:19 am »

I picked "other."

Let's talk about Automobiles!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 08:43:11 am »

Sports. Just about everything but Cricket.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 08:53:08 am »

Ill get right on the Cricket thread, just for you Typhy.   Smiley

and i reject it.

alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 09:12:57 am »

Cheese. And alcohol.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 11:44:25 am »

You can talk about almost anything you want, but lately there has been a lot of leftist propaganda and other political bullshit on the forums. Rather than having a poll about it, why don't you just go ahead and do it (i.e. make car threads if you so desire)

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 01:11:58 pm »

there has been a lot of leftist propaganda and other political bullshit

And if you don't see it  then you don't have to think about it... and if you don't think about it its all fine and dandy becasue you can pretend it isn't happening and you can get on your merry little life. Becasue if it dosn't affect you it dosn't matter does it! Hell it dosn't affect us so why should we bother!!

Lets talk about cricket. its so much more inportant. none of this politics bullshit that is so irrelevent to our lives. What monkey don't see makes it easier for monkey to pretend it isn't happening.

Or cookies... I like cookies.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Ssickboy

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 02:43:09 pm »

I wanna see more polls

Retire Bush
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 03:20:31 pm »

I wanna see more polls

A long time ago, there were a lot of polls. Maybe like 2-3 every day. Mostly, they were asking stuff like "What is your favorite <something>."

Mauti got pissed, and said that people should stop abusing the polls, or he would take the feature away.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Ssickboy

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004, 03:26:40 pm »

How about a Peak Oil Discussion?

Retire Bush
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2004, 09:02:24 pm »

BFG, i recognize entirely the need for political discussion on these forums, but this is just one thread out of hundreds, so is it really that bad to have -ONE- discussion that attempts to deal with something that isnt political, and that people's views arent so deeply entranched that they refuse to even see the other sides point of view?  Thats all im trying to do with this, is once and a while have a thread that doesnt devolve into senseless shouting at each other.  
BFG if youre seriously putting in a vote for Food, ill count it, but til i hear otherwise im assuming you were being sarcastic =p

Ssick, Peak Oil is like a tinderbox of political discussion, the rights say the "damn lefty alarmists" and the lefts say "stupid rights have their head in the sand" and well, then the shit hits the fan.

and i reject it.

Ssickboy

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2004, 09:16:02 pm »

Ok.. summer time is here and I can't wait to visit some of the many new york festivals in the park and streets.  plus lots of beer bar hopping.

beasties boys are releasing their new album!!

work opportunities at least for me seem to be picking up.  More cash = more travel.  

Dr. No plans on attending New York sometime this summer, and an online meet and greet event.  

Wickedson has announced a party in the next coming weeks.  

what else?

Retire Bush
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2004, 09:23:06 pm »

Gotcha lone-wolf Smiley Tis good stuff..

Well yeah actually hell food is a big one isn't it! All the food from accross the world... thats quite a lot of food. and there is some bloody tasty grub out there Cheesy

(and i still like cookies Wink )

Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2004, 02:53:04 pm »

Well yeah actually hell food is a big one isn't it! All the food from accross the world... thats quite a lot of food. and there is some bloody tasty grub out there Cheesy

If you still have it from our old forum, I think we started a good one....fish with paint thinner(preferable eaten soaked in bacon fat)....octo taco.....boiled sheepshead....haggis(which you got all fired up about..like it was politics)

Just copy/paste it over here Wink

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2004, 03:23:13 pm »

Did anyone take my vote for talking about automobiles seriously?Huh   Huh

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2004, 04:41:34 pm »

You ever bothered to try real haggis brutha?

And don't you dare start on our yorkshire puddings or the good old english breakfast Cheesy

c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2004, 11:32:25 pm »

Yes GS i did, its on the list right now, so whether other people took it seriously or not is up to them.

and i reject it.

*NADS Lo$eMoney

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 12:06:27 am »

Lets talk about SEX!!!.... oh wait a minute, all the users of this forum are Game Ranger users.... nevermind.

Pushing the limits of acceptable human behaviour....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads