*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 01:44:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  www.gasbuddy.com
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: www.gasbuddy.com  (Read 1936 times)
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« on: May 14, 2004, 03:34:25 am »

Help you find cheaper gas in your area.  www.gasbuddy.com

Side Note:  Gas stations neer HWY's/Express ways are always priced higher.

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
the oNe
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 04:12:38 am »

theres an organic gas station somehwere in South Carolina.  It's gas mixed with soybean oils.  No wonder the hybrids car sales are up
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 04:13:11 am by <o:n:e » Logged
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 10:12:27 am »

Yep Would just like to take this opportunity to Thank the US for the rise in petrol prices. Youve manage to make the news here for that yearly hike where you get in your 13miles to the gallon SUV's and head for the hills! - and the inpact is so huge that it affects the rest of the world.

80 pence over here.... and its going to hit the mid eightys'.
I wonder what everyone will do when the good old oil starts to run out, at least it might help the envionment a bit lol.

Don't worry though George im sure has a plan....... Im sorry what was that george? U want a banana buddy?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 04:06:11 pm »

Yep Would just like to take this opportunity to Thank the US for the rise in petrol prices. Youve manage to make the news here for that yearly hike where you get in your 13miles to the gallon SUV's and head for the hills! - and the inpact is so huge that it affects the rest of the world.

BFG, I am actually in the auto business.  So show me one SUV sold in America that only gets 13 mpg on the highway.  Most SUVs sold in the U.S. get around 20 mpg on the highway, and this summer ford is comming out with a new Escape Hybrid that will get over 30 mpg on the highway (by the way, the new Escape will get even BETTER fuel economy in CITY driving).  The Ford Explorers and Expeditions I sell both get between 18 and 20 mpg (or better) in highway driving and the huge Ford Excursion even gets 18 mpg or better in highway driving (the Diesel Excursion actually gets closer to 24 mpg).  The F-250 Crew Cab Super Duty truck that I drive gets well over 20 mpg on the highway, and even in the city it seldom drops below 18 mpg.  Even our sports cars get great fuel economy.  A 400hp Saleen Mustang that I sell gets 25 mpg Highway, and 20 mpg City.  So where are all these vehicles that only get 13 mpg?  Even if you take city driving into consideration, there are very few vehicles that drop down to 13 mpg.

One day the world may start to realize that it is OPEC that causes the prices to be so high, not the U.S.  We were using oil like it was water in the 60's and 70's and the gas was CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.  What changed?  OPEC stepped in and decided to get greedy (don't really blame them though, that is Capitalism in action).

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 04:31:20 pm »

OK i wasn't being literal with the 13mpg figure there... but then again i doubt  the BBC National News wasn't making it up when their report looked at the link between the us 'driving season' and the hike in petrol prices everywhere... Obviously iraq is a big factor etc....

The Hybrid cars are excellent, we're switching to a hybrid v soon, very simple and extreamly effective idea, great transition.

I just don't get why everybody feels they have to drive round in a bloody tank/truck though... how many people actually need it! Im sorry but not many. who needs to drive a bloody Humvee?!! If you really do need a proper ofroad vehicle then you have more common sense to buy a sporty SUV... you buy a LandRover or equivelant that are actually built for the job, not some guy who likes to think he needs a 4v4.

And these bloody huge SUV trucks are coming over here now... and idiots buy them. THe most 'offroad' most of them see are the freaking wimbledon tennis courts.

And the US still drinks it like water dont cha?... How much does it cost you guys to fill those tanks these days?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 04:57:50 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged

BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 05:48:12 pm »

Wow, this started as a "find a great gas price thread" and then some shithead has to turn it into another propaganda, I hate america, blah freaking blah crapfest thread.

I hope someone starts a thread on cheap diapers or how to get good baby food, this way we can all debate on how George Bush eats babies and will invade babyland to fight off eco terrorism in a new way since americans like to create babies that deplete the ozone with american baby goo and french fries.

Thanks for the sensless jabber.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 06:07:44 pm »

lol Allways one retarded comment from somewhere. allways one person who dosn't read the posts, or gets their head stuck up their ass about it.

Maybe you should go wash your SUV or somthing.

BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 06:47:01 pm »

Funny, I read the first two posts and then I read yours.  So yes, there is some retard who always post something, it started around #3.

As for my SUV, sorry bud, don't have one.  Besides consumers understand how the car they purchase effects how much money they will spend on gas.  That's why you see a decline in the sale of SUV's directly with the rise in oil/gas prices.  Have you seen the economical alternatives they are trying to sell over here in the US.  I don't want some shit piece designed space car that fits 2 people and needs to be plugged in 6 hours.  (I bulked most of the latest "eco" cars into one lump description)

Like GS stated, newer alternatives to these are coming out, but slow and there are huge waiting lists.  So get off your podium and understand that we don't have many choices, and if we do, we are buying what we can directly afford.

On another note, I only got "my head stuck up my ass" because of this jargon:
Yep Would just like to take this opportunity to Thank the US for the rise in petrol prices.

Well, we would like to thank OPEC for reducing oil production, the gas companies for not having enough refinery output (which is the largest reason for the high prices where I live), and for everyone else bitching about us being the sole creators of it.  Believe your own propaganda nonsense but know the facts first.  Then chose to believe the other side.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 06:53:28 pm »

Nearly $3 a gallon for premium gas around here. Sad I'm glad I like to walk.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 07:08:47 pm »

I wrote that because that is what i had just seen. The report on the BBC News about how the inpact of the increase in of people using their cars in the US during specific periods of time was affecting and would affect the price of petrol over here was very clear, and for us its pretty annoying considering the current cost of petrol - and the lack of alternatives considering the state of our public transport.

But of course everything the BBC broadcast is propaganda... i should go watch Sky or CNN.

As for the cars, unless you have the wimbledon tennis courts in the us now you might have noticed i was refering to the cars in general - not just in the US. People are driving these things over here as well which was half of my issue. i wasn't having ago at your dam country just the damn people who drive these things, whether they are in Florida or london.

As for seeing the Economic alternatives... sure i have, they are what we call normal cars, not bloody great big 4v4 trucks.  Its not about 'eco' cars. its just not about driving somthing unsuitable and over spec'ed that consumes far more petrol than necesary. Have to ask GS but i didn't think the hybrid cars cost very much more - and you can quickly return the cost through the savings in petrol.

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 08:27:04 pm »

BFG, I am actually in the auto business.  So show me one SUV sold in America that only gets 13 mpg on the highway.  

Oh Ghost! We all know the reality. SUVs and indeed all cars NEVER get close to their listed mileage. I've owned an SUV for five years. It has calculated my average mileage over it's life time via a built in computer. It's 16 mpg over the lifetime.

This is an SUV with 24 highway and 19 city. And if i'm getting 16 over the lifetime, teh bulk of those 78,000 miles on the cross country highways, then what the heck in an Excursion gonna get? Come on man.

It's all bullshit. When the feds stop using emisions to rate fuel efficency and start using actual driving to rate efficency then we can all tout the listed numbers as, ehm, gospel.

And being in the car business you should know how much hooey listed mileage is. (I am presuming you are referring to listed mileage)

Aditionally, the biggest crap is that hybrids are as efficent as they are reported to be. Hybrids tend to emit A LOT less, thus their fuel effiency ratings are astronomical. However, their true efficency is below the average drop from "listed" efficency to "true" efficency.

Have a read:

http://www.wired.com/news/autotech/0,2554,63413,00.html?tw=wn_9techhead

Besides, the best thing that can happen is that OPEC prices itself out of the market, forcing the west to adopt new, cleaner fuels. Fuck oil. Where's my god damned solar flying car, motherfucker?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 08:31:01 pm by "Sixhits" » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 10:01:47 pm »

BFG, I am actually in the auto business.  So show me one SUV sold in America that only gets 13 mpg on the highway.  
Oh Ghost! We all know the reality. SUVs and indeed all cars NEVER get close to their listed mileage. I've owned an SUV for five years. It has calculated my average mileage over it's life time via a built in computer. It's 16 mpg over the lifetime.

The first thing you have to realize is that the main reason the Government creates fuel economy estimates is the same reason they create any kind of energy guide....it is for a comparison between different vehicles so that the consumer gets a good idea of how fuel efficient one vehicle is over another.  If you actually look at one of these guides on a vehicle's window sticker, you will see the following for a vehicle with ratings of 31 Highway and 24 City:

Actual Mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition.  Results reported to EPA indicate that the majority of vehicles with these estimates will achieve between 19 and 29 mpg in the city and between 25 and 37 mpg on the highway.

That right there shows you that the rated figure isn't even remotely meant to be the actual mpg you will get.

This is an SUV with 24 highway and 19 city. And if i'm getting 16 over the lifetime, teh bulk of those 78,000 miles on the cross country highways, then what the heck in an Excursion gonna get? Come on man.

So that right there shows you that your vehicle, rated at 24 Highway should get between 19 mpg and 29 mpg on the Highway.  Its city rating of 19 means that it should get between 14 mpg and 24 mpg in the City.  Now then, you can throw your little trip computer out the window....all it measures is the amount of air running through the intake manifold.  You have to physically measure these things by filling up your tank, running a certain number of miles, then filling your tank again and dividing the miles driven by the gallons it took to fill back up.  That is the only way to get a true mpg figure.  But like the EPA sticker says, driving habit has a lot to do with it.

And now for the Excursion.  Can you tell me the LISTED fuel economy rating for an Excursion?  I bet you can't.  Do you know why?  BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIST FUEL ECONOMY RATINGS FOR VEHICLES ABOVE A HALF-TON CLASS.  That's right, the Excursion is on a 3-quarter-ton chassis, so you will never see a Fuel Economy on an Excursion window sticker.  Now then, something else you have to consider is this:  Most Excursions have diesel engines, not gas.  Sure the Gas Excursions are gonna get crappy mileage....damn thing is a tank.  But with a diesel engine the Excursion gets around 20-24 mpg on the Highway, and around 16-19 mpg in the City.  Not bad for a vehicle that can tow over 10,000 lbs.

It's all bullshit. When the feds stop using emisions to rate fuel efficency and start using actual driving to rate efficency then we can all tout the listed numbers as, ehm, gospel.

Nobody drives the same way.  That is the problem.  The federal government uses this system to show a comparison among different vehicles, and that rating is not meant to be what you will actually get in real world driving.  By the way, I generally get BETTER than the listed fuel economy ratings.  That's because I don't drive like some crazy nut in California.   Wink

Aditionally, the biggest crap is that hybrids are as efficent as they are reported to be. Hybrids tend to emit A LOT less, thus their fuel effiency ratings are astronomical. However, their true efficency is below the average drop from "listed" efficency to "true" efficency.

I have personally seen how the new Ford Escape Hybrid stacks up on the fuel economy side.  Now I can't speak for other manufactureres, and at this time the new Escapes mpg numbers have not been officially released, but I observed the Escape Hybrid at 30 mpg on the Highway and 35 mpg in the City.  The reason the city driving mpg is higher is that the vehicle is running almost exclusively on its electric motor in city driving.

Anymore questions about vehicles while you have my attention?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 10:06:34 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 10:36:45 pm »

well GS why do you think US car makers have their sale sinking while Japaneese or European cars are soaring ?

Not only coz of their poor reliability, but also because americans start to realize that fuel econnmy is not only for the rest of world. Sure when the price at the pump was 90c a gallon, you didnt mind filling your poor fuel efficient/power efficient V8 truck, but now is another stoty.

Dont blame OPEC for high prices, its not their duty to get their oil production in concordance with US's needs, its the other way around ! Now you might start  getting the point.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 10:37:38 pm by bobby » Logged

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2004, 12:14:03 am »

well GS why do you think US car makers have their sale sinking while Japaneese or European cars are soaring ?

I'm sorry, I don't see anything that I sell sinking.  I am currently tracking my BEST year EVER in the car business.  Here we are 4 and a half months into 2004 and I have already grossed $112,234 (as of my pay stub this morning).  Maybe car sales in other parts of the country aren't doing so hot, but Fords are RED HOT down South.  And personally, you can have your piece of shit Japanese cars.  But I do like European cars (only if made by Ford--includes Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover, and Volvo--or Porsche, Mercedes, or Lotus).

Not only coz of their poor reliability, but also because americans start to realize that fuel econnmy is not only for the rest of world. Sure when the price at the pump was 90c a gallon, you didnt mind filling your poor fuel efficient/power efficient V8 truck, but now is another stoty.

Poor reliability?  American car-makers since 2000 have great reliability.  Sure, before that they sucked, but they have made great strides in the last few years.  Especially Ford.....hell, we don't have a single vehicle on the shelf that was made in that body style before 2000.  Ford is all new from the ground up.  Sounds like you "Havn't Looked At Ford Lately."

As for the second part of your statement:  So how are people that work out of their trucks for a living (plumbers, A/C people, foremen, construction, etc) supposed to just stop using their V-8 powered trucks just because of poor fuel economy?  You must remember that far more trucks are used for commercial and business purposes than are used for ordinary people to drive around in.

Dont blame OPEC for high prices, its not their duty to get their oil production in concordance with US's needs, its the other way around ! Now you might start  getting the point.

Don't blame OPEC for high prices?  I assume you weren't around in the early 1970's when gas was 29 CENTS A GALLON!  Now what has changed since then?  Only OPEC.  You have a bunch of Middle Eastern countries determining what the entire world pays for gas.  All they have to do is increase production to cut prices....but guess what?  They like the prices HIGH.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2004, 12:35:30 am »

Over here i don't think i have ever seen any plumber, forman etc drive a V8 Truck....  they drive two wheel drive vans... and they do fine. no need for anything more.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2004, 04:39:29 am »

Over here i don't think i have ever seen any plumber, forman etc drive a V8 Truck....  they drive two wheel drive vans... and they do fine. no need for anything more.

Actually, over there....just as over here....all of those companies will also have pick-up trucks.  Some items they carry are just too big to put in a van, while they also sometimes have to pull trailers that are too big or heavy for a van.  

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2004, 11:35:26 am »

Fair cop, hell if you need it and its there thats cool... Its the city slicker, the accountant, the housewife, the doctor, the fitness instructor..... its the people who have absolutly no need for these things - but want to buy into the the 'lifestyle/culture'

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2004, 05:43:58 pm »

Fair cop, hell if you need it and its there thats cool... Its the city slicker, the accountant, the housewife, the doctor, the fitness instructor..... its the people who have absolutly no need for these things - but want to buy into the the 'lifestyle/culture'

lol, or in my case the rich Fleet Manager that wants to take a big boat to the Gulf of Mexico on the weekends......hehehehe.  Can't do that with a car.   Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads