*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:35:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  CoD is Here!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CoD is Here!!!!!  (Read 9473 times)
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2004, 02:59:42 am »

Now alls we need is the 1.4 patch....but when that will be out....the world may never know. They say "soon" but as we all know soon in mac language means weeks.....sigh.....just want that damned patch so i can play something other then stupid TDM and DM.....i love objective and round based.....bah!

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2004, 03:18:18 am »

Search & Destroy and Retrieval should both be implemented into 1.3 already. If in MP for MAC all they have is TDM and DM then it is probably because the old servers still running 1.3 are TDM and DM servers only. I know from experience that S&D and Retrieval have been in CoD since version 1.1.

The only thing that 1.4 added for the PC side was PunkBuster implementation, and an additional MP map Stalingrad(completley different from SP Stalingrad)

Correct me if I am wrong, cuz I am not a MAC CoD genius, but is Rebel just a noob? like always.....  Wink

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2004, 03:19:36 am »

Correct me if I am wrong, cuz I am not a MAC CoD genius, but is Rebel just a noob? like always.....  Wink

Has he ever been anything but? Wink

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2004, 12:30:14 pm »

Patch will be out and about very soon - ie within a month apparenlty. There is very little left to do on it, and it would have been quicker but for a few snags with PB

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2004, 01:55:14 pm »

I'm playing through it again on Veteran, 'cause, you know, I gotta keep up my l33t image. ::preens:: I gotta say, it's not very fun. I just got done with the airfield in the British campaign, and I'm just not having the fun I had on Normal. Part of it, of course, is the "been there, done that" feeling resulting from a highly scripted game. But also, Veteran is not any extra challenge. It's just a test of your ability to quickload frequently. I've beaten every mission but two with full health, because I simply hit F9 every time I got hit. Instead of Normal's balls-out, Rangers-lead-the-way, hooah-motherfucker-and-eat-mah-Tommy-gun style of game, it's a round-the-corner-get-killed-reload-and-get-the-drop-on-him-this-time style of game. Whee?

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2004, 02:39:27 pm »

i thought this tread was overdue for loth's traditional bitch fest, but fear not, for all is right with the world again

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2004, 02:48:30 pm »

Loth are you having a bad day and pissing on everyones parade cos its a bad day... or are you really saying this game isn't what everone hypes it up to be? Sad

I was getting so tempted to go buy it... now im just wondering..... I don't like that highly scripted stuff - it reallly dosn't work well

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2004, 03:51:23 pm »

Not at all. Great game, go buy it immediately. I'm saying that the single-player campaign has virtually no replayability, and I'm opining that the game is best played on Normal difficulty for the maximal Jerry-killing fun (Hardened may be good, too. I went straight from Normal to Veteran, the highest difficulty level). I had a blast playing through it the first time, on Normal. It was the first single-player game I've enjoyed in a very long time.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2004, 04:25:10 pm »

Loth did you finish the game on Veteran though?  You will feel challenged when you reach the 4 story building on Veteran, trust me.  Took me like 100 tries till I finally figured the way to beat it.  But I agree, the AI is not like RvS SP, where the terr are always in the same spot, could have done a better job.  I suppose the game is really for MP and it does kick arse.

The King of Pistoleros
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2004, 04:27:35 pm »

Well, the moment we've all been waiting for.  CoD is now GR supported.  I just went on GR and the new update status bar was filling, and I kept thinking "could it be??  Shocked, YAY IT IS!!  Now, we all can play thru GR without hassle of finding each other server via the game. Thanks Evill.

The King of Pistoleros
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2004, 04:28:56 pm »

I'm on about the fourth mission in the British campaign in Veteran. I'm not looking forward to the apartment building. That's going to be a real test of my ability to time my quicksaves. Which, incidentally, is not the same thing as being challenging.

KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2004, 07:42:15 pm »

Ult, S and D and HQ is in the game but only the old pc servers that run 1.3 are up...and no one is on them. Until the patch is released im playin SP.....oh yeah...IM NOT A NOOB!  Grin

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2004, 09:06:46 pm »

CoD is on GR now woohoo.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2004, 03:24:35 am »

I emailed Aspyr couple days ago, asking the tech team if they are going to make the 1.4 upgrade to CoD.  I got a reply from Kyle Daniels form tech support.  Here is his reply:

I am glad that you enjoy the game. We are currently hard at work here on the 1.4 update and hope to have it released soon.
-------
Kyle Daniels, Tech Support

SO! There you go! (that was for you Cringe  Wink)

The King of Pistoleros
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2004, 03:31:12 am »

Is there a CoD dedicated server?

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mr.Grey

erm... ^_^

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2004, 01:35:16 am »

awww yeah lovin dat game. u can be american british or russian i think. i wanna be a russian! since im taking the language. so i choose that outta respect for russia and be thankful for learning an exotic language.   Dasbedania- Grin

Signed anonymously by Mistah Grey.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2004, 02:20:06 am »

Grey, it's done by battles... Like certain maps where certain battles were fought between the Allies and the Axis. Pavlov is an example of Russian versus German, Carentan is an example of United States versus German, Chateau is an example of Britain versus Germany, and so on.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
ver
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2004, 03:48:05 am »

Couple of NQ guys bugged me on a CoD ladder. Interesting... we came up with this. Hopefully it will be up soon when the game picks up. Heres what CoD CBs will be like..

Team Death Match
2 Maps - Challenger picks first choice
Each map with have two 15 min games as Allies/Axis
Cossack in strange area
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2004, 07:14:06 am »

There is nothing like charging 2 panzers and six machine gun nests with nothing but 5 rounds and a few hundred of your closest comrades.

However, I do hae one problem. I get funky colors. What is supposed to be grey is blue or orange when it is viewed from far away. Can anyone help me with this?
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2004, 05:32:15 pm »

omg omg omg. this game is everything that MoH Failed to be! Scripting is better, AI is better, graphics are better, game play is better, its just so much better!!

... Some of the missions are just a touch similar to MoH though..

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads