*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:14:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  CoD is Here!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CoD is Here!!!!!  (Read 9495 times)
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2004, 06:51:10 am »

To show your FPS in game CoD type "/cg_drawfps 1".

Ah yes, my bad, I forgot the _ when I posted last, sorry fellas  Sad

Btw, Ultimo, I noticed that once I entered in that code to get fps, I never have to key it in again, my FPS always show up now in games.  So, is there a way to de-activate it?

Try replacing the 1 with a 0 (zero) in the code. That should do the trick. Hope that helps!

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2004, 08:24:23 am »

I am having a hell of a difficult time trying to pass this current stage I'm at.  Ok, I am Russian, and I am at the 4 story building and I have cleared the building and then destroyed about 4-5 tanks (after numerous attempts over and over) and I have about 2:20 seconds left till reinforcements come, and I have hardly a spec of health left.  

These AIs just keep coming and coming and my fellow comrades aren't doing dick, I get fired from within the buliding and out and I have all these fucking tanks to destroy, and you think the game would give me more health for completing more objectives, but noooooo.

I even went back to repeat the beginning of the mission so I can ensure I go in with 100% health, well that doesnt help one bit, b/c yer gonna lose most of it later on.

Is anyone there, or even passed that?  I need a helpful hand here....  Sad

The King of Pistoleros
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2004, 10:29:12 am »

I just beat that part, took me two tries because I accidently shot the reinforcement tank with my anti tank weapon ( oops ).

I'd go back to the save when you rush across the field and set up the base of fire on the building. Make sure to clear the building with full health, so that defending it is easy.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2004, 08:16:08 pm »

ok, but I have mine set to the hardest difficulty level, and I have tried so many different things, at least over 100x no doubt, running everywhere, suppressive fire, throwing granades to slow them down, even infiltratiing the lower level complex to get them as they come in, but to no avail.

I dont think I would have ever said these 2 words but..........I QUIT!!! (just kiddin  Wink)

The King of Pistoleros
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2004, 01:37:40 am »

This is the first single-player campaign in many moons that I've actually enjoyed. I've just started the level "truckride". I'm only playing it on normal, but so far, there've only been a couple of sticky spots.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2004, 08:57:24 am »

Just finished the Russian Campain. I must say, that was the first tank-commanding in any game that I've actually enjoyed. No more of this "Tiger tank 40%" shit. You hit 'em good, they're gone. Excellent movement, great framerates throughout the tank scenes, and incredibly fun.

Just now moving into Bastogne with the 101st Airborne.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2004, 11:40:57 am »

Heh, I just finished the tank mission too. Agreed, fun stuff. I especially like that you're more likely to get a single-shell kill if you hit the turret. Nice touch.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2004, 06:22:55 pm »

I am still f***ing stuck on that Russian 4 Story Building !!!!  Angry I should have played SP at a medium difficulty level from the beginning, then I would have been finished the game by now.

I am actually contemplating throwing away all those hours of game play and start over again at moderate level.  One hand that pisses me off, yet on the other, if I add the number of hours I have spent trying to pass this one level to that of playing the entire game thus far, I bet the number  of hours are not that far off.

Decisions.....Decisions
 Huh

The King of Pistoleros
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2004, 07:51:58 pm »

Argh one more day til it comes. Man. I so desperately need CoD. Right now, too! I'm gonna die of tuberculosis if it doesn't come soon. How's multiplayer, guys? And...anyone know if there's gonna be GR support? I sure hope so, but if not, it's all good.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2004, 08:59:27 pm »

Multiplayer fucking owns, even on high settings i get nice FPS.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2004, 09:39:35 pm »

Welcome me to the club guys, because I just bought CoD!  And it fuckin OWNS!

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2004, 12:49:53 am »

Well folks, I just finished the game!!  Cheesy *sigh*  

About 3x I went to main menu and clicked on New Game after another 50-60 try's at that hard part of the game and it came up with the promt "Are you sure?" and it explained how I would lose all my saved games, it was so tempting to go back and play it on an easier level, but I didnt!! Cool It pissed me off to know that all that work would have meant nothing.

For those that want to test their skill level (well SP skill level anyway) and play on Veteran, when you get to that part of the game, all I can say is:

1) closed room 2) connecting balcony to adjecent room 3) basement

The King of Pistoleros
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2004, 04:26:08 am »

4) do not, under any circumstances, camp on the top floor. doing so will only hasten you death

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2004, 04:41:20 am »

4) do not, under any circumstances, camp on the top floor. doing so will only hasten you death

Agreed.  I had to learn that the hard way.  I thought my Russian comrades will help slow the germans down, those clowns weren't worth d__k (8===D  Grin)

The King of Pistoleros
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2004, 06:35:06 am »

yea, that and the tanks out side don't help matters either

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2004, 08:19:21 am »

Just beat CoD for the second time, this time on Veteran. Hardest parts for me were the 4 story building, but also holding the bridge during the British campain, and trying to steal the airplane.

My advice for the 4 story building is simply to keep moving, never stop. Grab an MP40, so that you don't have to worry about ammo. Oh yes, and save. . . Lots.

As for CoD SP, ***** ( 5 stars ), best single player game I've ever played.

I might add that I beat the game on Veteran in less than 24 hours. . . Not sure wether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2004, 10:42:23 am »

I beat it on Normal this morning. The building and the airfield were the only parts I had trouble with. The airfield pissed me off. They tell me to get on the cannon, then they don't defend me. Every time I died from the twenty guys sitting on the rooftop taking shots at me, I thought, "How about I shoot down the damn Stukas you keep bitching about, and you kill the guys who are filling me with lead, so I don't have to ignore the Stukas and use the cannon to kill the infantry?" That, more than almost anything in the game, pointed out that the AI is scripted rather than being "true" AI. Not only was it obnoxious from a gameplay standpoint, it was so unrealistic that it jarred me out of my suspension of disbelief.

The other anti-suspension of disbelief thing in the game was the way that every time an enemy was on an MG42, they'd be sweeping the field, killing my squad, but the instant I come into view, they swing right over and focus on me. I duck behind something, they go back to killing other people, I stand up, they swing back to me. Yeah, apparently every damn German in Europe was briefed on me and told that I was the most important soldier in the war and my death should be priority number one. Pfft. Lesson one in how to remind your players that "oh yeah, this is a game."

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2004, 12:11:23 pm »

well I beat hardend in 6 or 7 hrs today (played most of it yesterday till i could not stay awake anymore then played a hr today) I like it.. much better then moh.

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2004, 03:40:37 pm »

OH shit it really does sound like a cracking game.... i can't go on another shopping spree damn it... andyone who's board of it allready want to sell it 2nd hand to a poor student? Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2004, 05:29:27 pm »

Mmm my copy comes today, in an hour or two I hope. Who's been hosting the MP games? Damn I want to play nownownownownownow. Help. lol

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads