*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:26:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  CoD is Here!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CoD is Here!!!!!  (Read 9529 times)
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2004, 01:19:59 pm »

It should run very nicely for you Mellow, you have higher specs than me, but I'm happy with the performance.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2004, 06:45:15 pm »

Excellent! I'm ordering it now! Smiley
Edit: Just ordered. Wink Say, any CoD clans, and any chance of CoD being on the *DBL?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 06:49:22 pm by Mr.Mellow » Logged

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2004, 10:49:18 pm »

nq was the leet MoHaa clan, we are returning for CoD.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2004, 10:20:04 am »

Crypt what were your specs again?

Define "smooth"

Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2004, 11:24:53 am »

Just played through the first half of single player ( part way through the Russian Campain ).

Running a 1GHZ G4, 1GB RAM, 64MB ATI 9000. Max settings, 1024x768 resolution, no FSAA ( anti aliasing ).

I haven't found out how to activate a frame counter, so these are estimates.

For the American Campain, I recieved highly playable framerates throughout, ranging from about 15 ( in very isolated situations, like fighting 2 tanks while dodging MG fire and shooting a Thompson in a villiage ), to >60. Probably an average of 25-40 FPS.

The British campain was playable throughout, however, on the outer deck of the German Naval Vessel, and for almost the entire firefight at the bridge, my framerates were between 15 and 25. Other than that, highs of >60, average 25-40 FPS.

For starters, on PC, I'd only played through the first campain ( American ). Stalingrad is incredible - same epic type battle as Omaha Beach in Medal of Honor, but 10 times better, and 10 times more realistic. Rather like the begining of Enemy at the Gates, only far better. Even if you're not a single player type person, you've gotta play through the first few campains to see this.

During the landing at the dock, my framerates were around 15. They flirted between 15 and 20 for most of the approach up towards the Gemran MG positions, with a high of >60 climbing the path after we'd pushed the Germans back.

The second part of Stalingrad is modeled after the opening battle in Enemy at the Gates - running out into the open in the Red Square, you retreat, you get shot. Here my framerates were as low as 10, as high as probably 25, but averaging around 15.

Keep in mind this is on a relativly low end machine ( considering the system requirements ), running max details. I've found that graphics settings don't matter in most situations, however, I'm sure you'd see a frame boost at a place like Stalingrad.

I'd suggest this game to anyone with a 700Mhz processor or better. Terrific job on the port by Aspyr, and an incredible game.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2004, 06:28:40 pm »

Crypt what were your specs again?

Define "smooth"

800 MHz 17" Flatscreen iMac
768 MB RAM
GeForce 4 MX 32 MB VRAM

Smooth=Very fast on certain maps, MG42 Fire=lag city, but I just live with it.

I'm very suprised at how smooth it runs when there is lots of fire around you.

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2004, 07:54:03 pm »

anyone with a 700Mhz processor

Shocked

Smiley

Grin

Cool

CoD, here I come.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2004, 08:45:13 pm »

Is anyone playing it on the 1ghz iBook? RvS doesnt run so well on the books, I wanna know if CoD doesnt also...

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2004, 09:00:42 pm »

Is anyone playing it on the 1ghz iBook? RvS doesnt run so well on the books, I wanna know if CoD doesnt also...

Yeah, it should run nicely for you, Spike.

anyone with a 700Mhz processor

Shocked

Smiley

Grin

Cool

CoD, here I come.

Snipe, I would advise to not buy the game, as you WILL need a DVD Drive to install, you might have to DL it and pay for it later or something.

By the way, does anyone know how to clock FPS yet?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 09:05:47 pm by Crypt » Logged

|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2004, 09:52:02 pm »

Running a 1GHZ G4, 1GB RAM, 64MB ATI 9000. Max settings, 1024x768 resolution, no FSAA ( anti aliasing ).

I haven't found out how to activate a frame counter, so these are estimates.

First, whats FSAA?  And yes you can activate yer frame counter by typing the following in yer Tild (spelling?)

type:  /drawfps 1

make sure you put the space, or it won't work.

I agree, that worst lag I have gotten (in SP) was about twice.  Once red square, as Typhy said, and once when you rush a field, just like in red square to get to a 4 story building.
In MP, the worst lag I get is on Hurtgen map, as Crypt said, MG42 Fire=lag city, I get b/w 2-5 fps, either when I fire it or when (and this really sucks) someone else fires it, so I try to avoid that map when I can, but its a great map, for sniping in the snow.  Is kind of like Snowy Park in Mohaa, but alot better.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 09:54:36 pm by |MP|Nomad » Logged

The King of Pistoleros
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2004, 10:07:11 pm »

FSAA is anti-aliasing, you weenie. Just like Typhy defined it right after he said it. It stands for Full Scene Anti-Aliasing.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2004, 10:10:04 pm »

Snipe, I would advise to not buy the game, as you WILL need a DVD Drive to install, you might have to DL it and pay for it later or something.

Snipe-ho bought an external DVD drive (could be longer for a G5 than I may have thought).

***pwns Crypt.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2004, 10:14:04 pm »

FSAA is anti-aliasing, you weenie. Just like Typhy defined it right after he said it. It stands for Full Scene Anti-Aliasing.

Ah yea he did  Smiley oopsy daisy, but can you explain to me what that is? Thanks lothy-poo
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 06:41:51 am by |MP|Nomad » Logged

The King of Pistoleros
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2004, 11:44:23 pm »

it's similar to the os routines that make text all nice and smooth.

i'm sure you are familiar with looking at a wall edge and seeing little 'jaggies' on it.
FSAA makes the jaggies go away by blending colors to give the appearance of a smooth edge

BTW, i fully agree with the games pwnage... i have finished i believe the 3rd russian mission at the moment (the one where you rush the 4 story building) and have to say i am quite impressed with the enemy AI and the fact that i am still getting playable frame rates  even though i am technically under the system requirements (67 mhz under) and using the default settings

stalingrad was awesome, and my only regret is that i didn't get to rush the  beach at normandy (ah... that level pwned in MOHAA)  

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2004, 11:47:41 pm »

Agreed, Brain, I would've liked it if COD had taken a shot at Omaha Beach.

FSAA kills framerates, even 2X.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2004, 11:52:32 pm »

I wish I went to the store and bought it ahhh. I have to wait til Tuesday or so for CoD. Sad Oh well! It'll be well worth it. I just have to tide my anticipation and such. hmm.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2004, 01:01:20 am »

To show your FPS in game CoD type "/cg_drawfps 1".

The only unfortunate thing about Aspyr's port of CoD is that they ported version 1.3. Currently, PC has version 1.4, with punkbuster implemented into MP and another MP map called Stalingrad(not similar to the SP version). So looks like I won't be playing with you fellas until they release the 1.4 patch for mac.... and unfortunatley..... it took a long time from the 1.3 to 1.4 patch to come out on pc. Supposedly there was alot of problems getting PB in CoD, but hopefully being that they finally did it on PC it will be quick for the mac.

For anyone that has RvS run like shit on their comp, don't even hesistate to buy CoD, completley different graphics engine, works alot better for low end machines, and when is someone with a G5 gona post their FPS

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2004, 02:05:17 am »

... and when is someone with a G5 gona post their FPS

When I feel like it. :P

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2004, 06:39:39 am »

To show your FPS in game CoD type "/cg_drawfps 1".

Ah yes, my bad, I forgot the _ when I posted last, sorry fellas  Sad

Btw, Ultimo, I noticed that once I entered in that code to get fps, I never have to key it in again, my FPS always show up now in games.  So, is there a way to de-activate it?

The King of Pistoleros
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2004, 06:40:56 am »

it's similar to the os routines that make text all nice and smooth.

i'm sure you are familiar with looking at a wall edge and seeing little 'jaggies' on it.
FSAA makes the jaggies go away by blending colors to give the appearance of a smooth edge

Thanks Brain.  Is that a setting in the game?  Sorry, just can't seem to find it.

The King of Pistoleros
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads