*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:18:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  American Hostage Shown Beheaded in Video
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: American Hostage Shown Beheaded in Video  (Read 2276 times)
cookie

still tippin'

« on: May 12, 2004, 02:51:54 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/12/iraq.berg/index.html

It's depressing to think things like this can still happen in today's world. Nobody deserves to die like that guy did.

The things that will destroy us are politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.  ---
Gandhi

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, hoes all on me.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 03:17:37 pm »

Yea i just saw it.. . sick fucks  Angry

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 03:30:43 pm »

omfg. bloody horrible. just bloody horrible.

How anybody... anybody can do that to another person is simply incomprehensible

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 06:54:16 pm »

for once i'm going to agree with bush on this one... the people who did this must be hunted down and punished.  now, personally i would torture them for a while and subject them to the same death  that they inflicted upon Mr. Berg. our constitution forbids this however, therefor i hope that these sinners rot in the hell that they have dammned themselves to and i hope that we get to send them there. after trial, of course

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 06:54:22 pm »

These the fucker I want dead.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 08:41:31 pm »

in that case, we didnt to know. Can you imagine this guy's family reaction to the news !
Freedom of the press should have its limits.

OMG another 4 years !!!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 08:46:10 pm »

They knew before didn't they.. but didn't want the press to know (i don't blame them). imagine having to come to terms with that while being hounded by the press.

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 09:21:57 pm »

Can you imagine this guy's family reaction to the news !

They blame the Bush administration.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 09:38:03 pm »

And this guy is just a civilian! Not even a soldier! ...so fucked up.

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004, 11:48:02 pm »

This is sickening. It chills me to just think about who would do an act like this.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 12:17:38 am »

Can you imagine this guy's family reaction to the news !

They blame the Bush administration.

They blame the Administration in a broad sense.

However, they direct their true scorn at the US military, which they claim was complicite in the detaining of their son by Iraqi police. This detainment, presumably, allowed him to be targeted by militants.

>>>
Mr. Berg was detained in March by the Iraqi police in the northern city of Mosul, American officials and his parents said. While he was in police custody, he was questioned by F.B.I. agents who were trying to determine what he was doing in Iraq and whether he was a United States citizen.

At the same time, his parents, frustrated by their inability to find out about their son's whereabouts, filed a lawsuit in federal court in Philadelphia on April 5 asserting that he was being held by the American military in violation of his civil rights. A day later, he was released.

He disappeared soon after that.
<<<

http://nytimes.com/2004/05/12/national/12berg.html

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 12:46:19 am »

I really hope I never get to see that video somewhere on the net.

My heart is with the Berg family.

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 12:53:32 am »

The chick that posed infront of the naked soldier with a ciggarette said that "Much worse things happened at the prison"

I bet youd be suprised what happens there

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
cookie

still tippin'

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 09:24:03 am »

much worse things than shown in the photos.... not "much worse things than beheading."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 07:11:16 pm by cookie » Logged

The things that will destroy us are politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.  ---
Gandhi

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, hoes all on me.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 09:35:46 am »

I really hope I never get to see that video somewhere on the net.

My heart is with the Berg family.

I've seen the video, it's pretty fucking nasty.

I don't really have a problem with Iraqi insurgents shooting it out with US Soldiers. They're soldiers, they're incredibly well trained, and they have the ability to fight back. Nic Berg wasn't a US Soldier, he was a civilian. Even taking him hostage in the first place is completly unacceptable, executing him is crossing a major boundery. I hope to see the bodies of the people who did this.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 08:42:59 pm »

I couldn't watch the video, I had it on my desktop then started to watch it and suddenly when I started to hear the screams, I just shut it off, I couldn't watch the rest and I didn't and I won't.  I deleted it.  

Just to think what Mr. Berg was thinking right before they excuted him and what the family is going through, i can't even imagine it.  And the press, don't get me started on these fucks.  To even have the nerve, the gull to make this public, they should be ashamed.  Then the press and people talk about how bad GTA3 and similar video games are a bad influence, wtf?

The King of Pistoleros
the oNe
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2004, 01:28:51 am »

with Bush's record of "hunting" down whoever did this...I wouldn't be surprised if they never catch him...but my god...that was brutal, just found that video on the Internet...fucking extremists
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2004, 02:00:27 am »

I do not understand how u guys can be going on to the net to activly find this video so you can watch it..

firstly its just plain bloody sick. thats a man having his throat cut, not a movie trailer.

secondly his family were very clear how they did not want the media reporting it etc... how do you think they feel that people all over hte place are downloading the last moments of their sons life before he has his head cut off?

Jesus Christ this world is so fucked up in every possible way.

l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2004, 02:11:20 am »

Hopefully this kind of thing dose not happen again but I fear it will.

I hope these people are brought to justice and also the soldiers that abused people in the prisons. There is no justification for any of it.

Peace will come eventually. But more will die.
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2004, 02:41:32 am »

I do not understand how u guys can be going on to the net to activly find this video so you can watch it..

firstly its just plain bloody sick. thats a man having his throat cut, not a movie trailer.

secondly his family were very clear how they did not want the media reporting it etc... how do you think they feel that people all over hte place are downloading the last moments of their sons life before he has his head cut off?

Jesus Christ this world is so fucked up in every possible way.

Well putt.

Apart of me is saying "this is so wrong and these men should be brought to justice".

Then another part says (putting myself in the place of an Iraqi) "I'm pissed off at this occupying force that came here on a lie to take our oil while killing thousands of my people".

I'm not trying to to justify what these men have done.  Killing Innocent civilians is wrong and they should be punished.  All i'm saying is i've tried to keep an open mind through this sick awful war.  I recognize their hate and understand it.  What if this was happening to us.  I know if some outside force came and occupied us in the U.S. and killed members of my family or friends, the first thing i believe would cross my mind is "seek out and kill them who ever they my be".

...Doc
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 05:06:37 am by c| Dr. NO » Logged

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads