*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:27:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Truce Poll From GhostSniper
Poll
Question: Will You Agree To Call a Truce to All the Flaming?
Absolutely, We All Have Our Opinions...We Can Talk Without Flaming Each Other - 18 (72%)
Hell NO!  I Can Not Live Without Bitching About Your Point of View! - 5 (20%)
Um, I'm a Noob....What's Flaming? - 2 (8%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Truce Poll From GhostSniper  (Read 1433 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: May 07, 2004, 06:43:30 pm »

Okay, look, no flaming here.....Ace, BFG, Typhy, VooDoo....and anyone else that I never get along with....please read:

I have my opinions....you guys have your opinions.  That's great.  I may not agree with how you think, and you may not agree with how I think.  That's great, too.  I don't really want to get into some big flaming war on the forums with you guys.  I think we could all just accept that each of us has our own opinions on things and just listen to what each other says without getting into flame wars.

So I call a truce.  I wont call any of you stupid fucking morons for thinking the way you do, and you don't tell me I don't know what the hell I'm talking about for thinking the way I do.  All agreed?

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 06:57:49 pm »

lol a truce poll... True GS style it jsut had to be a poll. Yeah Ghost, hell we agree to disagree on it. We've obviously got very different ideas about politics, people and the world and clearly are two very different people, and hell you never know if we were to sit down over a few pints we might find that through talking we had a little more to agree on!

But anyway. peace.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 10:54:20 pm »

I don't think that a poll is needed. People should just respect eachother's opinions and debate in a civilized manner. It just shows how bad it's gotten that we have to vote to be nice to eachother.  Wink I'm not trying to disrespect ya GS, it's good that you're calling a truce. It just seems a little silly to have a poll for it.  Grin But hey, I voted, so I guess I'm a little silly too. Silly little goose is what I am! silly silly. goose. yes. I'm done.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 11:10:49 pm »

I don't think that a poll is needed.

Actually, the poll was just for an attention-getter.

You silly little goose.   Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

the oNe
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 12:42:54 am »

this poll is stupid.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 12:52:08 am »

this poll is stupid.

Fuck off, one.

GS, I have no problems with your opinions. I have a problem with your lack of tollerance for other people's.

I also have a problem with your taking shots at Battle League admins, and acting as if Mauti should always rule in your favor, since you're a "*DAMN Supporter".

No more "fuck you, Typhy supporter", and "I'll buy you a plane ticket if you promise never to come back to america" ( or at least not quite as much of it). You do that, and we're cool. You're welcome to your opinions, I'm welcome to mine. That's what out country was founded upon.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
the oNe
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 01:06:30 am »

EDIT: sorry I was too mean to you Typhy.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 01:07:41 am by <o:n:e » Logged
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 01:13:54 am »

Ghost I really don't think that you need a poll.  Prove to everyone that you're going to stop the flaming and they will stop to.  Just don't do it anymore.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
the oNe
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 01:26:16 am »

http://www.fanta.dk/news.asp?nid=6A068C9E-2487-4EFC-9063-4C44FF0FA98E[/url]
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 02:24:46 am »

Lol well points for creativity their one... funny stuff but perhaps not the best time or subject!

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 02:38:40 am »

OMG!  That is the funniest thing I've ever seen!  I can't stop laughing!  lol

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 03:39:15 am »

Since we're on the topic of flames, i thought i was only appropriate to mention the king... and some breaking news:

http://www.fanta.dk/news.asp?nid=DA5491AF-985F-486C-B672-D86F1B0C0316

See if you can find the myst typing easter egg in there. First person to yell it at me gets to yell it at me.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 03:42:35 am by -MP5-Mysterio » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2004, 04:19:28 am »

See if you can find the myst typing easter egg in there. First person to yell it at me gets to yell it at me.

PRACTISING! TRAINIGN!

I win.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2004, 08:00:35 am »

Without reading this whole thread;  GS i think i reason you face so much flame is due to your stubborn mind set, to me you don't seem open minded at all and or willing to compromise on an argument.  Your a crazy right winger...need i say more.

It's hard to read your posts sometimes, very frustrating.  But at the same time creates an urge to post back bringing on the debate which i see as a good thing.  It helps to hear the thoughts of someone else, particularly someone opposite on what ever the debate may be.

Having said that, good luck with this thread.  It will never stop.

Doc

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2004, 07:26:03 pm »

I'm not going to stop voicing my opinion on things.  I'm just more in favor of doing it without a bunch of flaming and name calling just because people don't see things the same way.

To o:n:e: This really wasn't meant as a real poll.  I did that just to get everyone's attention.  But calling it stupid is just more flaming, which is what I'm trying to stop.

To Typhy:  I am trying to be more tolerant of other people's opinions.  I have also stopped flaming and blatantly disrespecting the admins (I made a similar truce with them a few days ago in the BL section).  Of course the plane ticket is always there if you ever want it.  Wink

To ?FiRE Infection:  I made the poll to tell everyone I was changing.  And I did stop flaming (although I was far from the worse at flaming, and I usually wasn't the one who started the flaming in the first place).

To Dr. NO:  I know I am stubborn and I know I don't like to compromise.  That comes from years of military training and always knowing that if I do what I feel in my heart is right, I will be okay.  I'm not really a crazy right-winger....I just act like it sometimes.  But I am definitely very grounded in what I believe, and that will never change.

Thanks guys.....I just want us to have civilized discussions just like we were sitting at a table shooting the bull.

P.S.--That still does NOT mean you can say anything bad about the U.S. Military (in general).  When you do that you are messing with my honor, and I do take that very seriously.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 07:30:01 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2004, 07:39:54 pm »

That still does NOT mean you can say anything bad about the U.S. Military (in general).? When you do that you are messing with my honor, and I do take that very seriously.

With all due respect Ghost you are not the US military though. u were a member of the US military fine, but in my oppinion  the fact that there might be problems with the US Army has nothing to do with your honor.

And i do believe there are problems wiht the US military...

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2004, 08:10:15 pm »

That still does NOT mean you can say anything bad about the U.S. Military (in general).? When you do that you are messing with my honor, and I do take that very seriously.

With all due respect Ghost you are not the US military though. u were a member of the US military fine, but in my oppinion  the fact that there might be problems with the US Army has nothing to do with your honor.
And i do believe there are problems wiht the US military...

That's why I was saying "In General."  I know there are always going to be instances where a few bad apples do something to make the military look bad.  But "In General" the U.S. Military isn't inherantly messed up.  In other words, I just don't care to hear stuff like this:

"There goes the stupid U.S. Army again, taking over another country."  (you see, the U.S. Army doesn't do anything without the order of civilian leaders)

"The U.S. Military is just a bunch of baby-killers."  (lol, say those words to me in person, and I'll probaby snap, go crazy, and torture you to death....starting with breaking each of your fingers one by one...)

"The U.S. Military is wrong for being in Iraq."  (again, civilian leaders put us there)

"The U.S. Military is just a second-rate fighting force."  (now we all know that the U.S. Military is the most powerful fighting force in the world....just don't go there)

Anyhow, it is these "blanket statements" that bother me.  Sure, you can talk about how a few soldiers committed crimes (like these prison guards and the pictures) and you can talk about other individual acts of military members when they are wrong.  But don't say that the entire U.S. Military is like that or does those things.  And sure, I may be off of active duty now, but I can still be called up at any time to go back on active duty.  The U.S. Military will always be a part of my soul.

Do you understand where I'm comming from?

*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2004, 11:00:19 pm »

People are assholes especially over the internet. The only solution is to get used to it. There is always one person that everyone flames it went from Rapid, to snipey, to you. It's just how it is. When one idiot leaves it creates a vacuum to attract another flame worthy poster. You get flamed because in the beginning you made really stupid polls like everyday and you force your opinions on others. It's one thing to argue a point it's another to impose it on someone.

But if you sincerely have changed and aren't pulling a snipey then cool hope this works out for ya...

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads