*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:25:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Bush Joke
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bush Joke  (Read 2106 times)
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« on: May 05, 2004, 03:34:40 am »

Bush's "Election Year Album" was mentioned here a while back. Here's another take on that spectacle.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 03:47:24 am »

I love it how this, combined with Wolfowitz forgetting the extra 222 America service men and women who have been killed in Iraq a few days back, really gives a good picture of how ontop of the situation our nation's leaders are...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...oh wait, me feeling so sick i can barely breathe, sorry.

And by the way, incase anyone hadnt heard, Wolfowitz was testifying before I think the Senate Armed Services Comittee, and was asked how men military personel have been killed in Iraq and he said "oh...about 500, 300 of those were in combat"  Oh...wait...forgot those 222 extra that were dead as of April 30th...whups! Just kinda forgot it seems...its so easy to forget two hundred brave men and women who have died for this country, and fought for the person who forgot they had even died...

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 03:50:55 am »

I wonder how many people in total have been killed as a direct result of this conflict? From all sides... The death toll must be several thousand at least

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 04:08:57 am »

just for reference, how many people were killed in world war 1? ww2? vietnam?

don't get me wrong, one person dead is too much, but i think that you need to put these number in perspective people

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 05:23:06 am »

i listed the numbers a while ago when comparisons to vietnam were first mentioned. and for a point of reference...as many american soldiers were killed in the single battle for the famed "hamburger hill" in vietnam as have been killed in iraq since the war started.

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 05:32:01 am »

So I guess we should wait till 50,000 Americans are dead, then we can start bitchin?

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
Cutter

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 05:40:02 am »

lol people like you were bitchin and whinin months before the first casualty.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 03:56:52 pm »

Brain true there were a lot more people killed in the WW's obviously. But to compare those with the Iraqi conflict is daft. THe 'coalition' chose to invade, why is a ranging debate etc be it to get saddam, topple the regime, as part of US National defence, to secure future oil suplies etc... In the 2WW's it was quite a different matter.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 04:21:21 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged

seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 05:23:03 pm »

people like you

no comment...

OMG another 4 years !!!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 05:38:00 pm »

Yeah how dare you complain about the actions of your country. Shut up and get back in line.

... Um we are in Communist China aren't we?

Cutter

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 06:02:03 pm »

having a difference of opinion and chronic whining are two very different things.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 06:52:21 pm »

Fair point. i retract that, but who calls the difference between whining/complaining/voicing criticism etc?

ps... omg i am saved.. ive just remembered i can spellcheck these posts with a right click!

c| Lone-Wolf
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2004, 07:28:43 pm »

So tell me cutter...how many Americans were killed by hostile insurgents after the war was "declared over"...?
How many tons of bombs were we still dropping on Japan and Germany after the war was "declared over"...?  None.  

So cutter, when is it acceptable to "start bitching"?  When Americans are still being killed five and six a day two years from now?  When the numbers hit 2000?  3000?  What is good enough for you?  How many brave men and women have to die before people like you think something might even be amiss in that country.

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2004, 09:50:13 pm »

Aren't you glad we're securing oil reserves now instead of 50 years in the future when it becomes a rare comodity?

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2004, 10:28:07 pm »

50 years in the future

at the rate the US is polluting Earth with its emissions, i wouldnt worry to much  about  amount of oil reserves in 50 years
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 10:37:11 pm by bobby » Logged

OMG another 4 years !!!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2004, 12:01:30 am »

Aren't you glad we're securing oil reserves now instead of 50 years in the future when it becomes a rare comodity?

um no Smiley  Id be much gladder if more time energy and effort went into working on renuable energy souces, and what oil is left is left where it is. Not glad about it at all, funny the very idea that that is really what the Americans wanted out of the invasion of Iraq has caused unimaginable outrage - not suprisingly

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2004, 12:50:04 am »

You're god damned right, and if wasnt for bitching and whining you'd be talking with a cockney accent.

having a difference of opinion and chronic whining are two very different things.

Elaborate.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2004, 04:32:44 am »

um no Smiley  Id be much gladder if more time energy and effort went into working on renuable energy souces, and what oil is left is left where it is. Not glad about it at all, funny the very idea that that is really what the Americans wanted out of the invasion of Iraq has caused unimaginable outrage - not suprisingly

You damn hippie  Wink

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2004, 11:12:22 am »

lol yep. Im growing my hair into dreads just for the occastion lol

but on a serious note um, heh im serious. Wind and sun and waves last... our oil suplies don't. It seems crazy to be burning and wasting it in petrol when we could be using a free alternative.

One of the biggest problems is that people think its their god given right to drive monstor trucks (not literally) around eating gallons and gallons of fuel...
But i have gone way way of topic... i'll shut up now and go find some peace and love  

KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2004, 01:37:16 pm »

Hey I agree....

Just right now it doesn't seem very feasible....

For one thing, our car market and oil market (they go hand in hand) are two of the largest portions of the world market....THEY BRING IN CASH...

Let's say tomorrow, you wake up and you hear on the news that electrically driven vehicles are now the norm....YAY....BUUUUUUTTT now...a good 40% of our world economy has now disappeared...millions of people are out of their jobs because the search for oil is no longer needed....etc etc...

Because of what we started years ago...we'll have to pay the price for in the future...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads