*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:25:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Need help: Safari & Downloading Files
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Need help: Safari & Downloading Files  (Read 981 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: May 02, 2004, 09:01:23 pm »

You may or may not remember a thread a while back that asked if anyone used a program called Speed Download.

Well, I tried it out, and it was kinda cool, but I was tired of it opening, and me having to wait 10 seconds each time I wanted to download a tiny file.

So I ran the uninstaller, and it tells me it's now uninstalled, so I can just go ahead and delete the folder.

So I put it in the trash, and tried downloading a file, and Safari then opens Speed Download again, even after it's been "uninstalled."

So I empty the trash, and try downloading another file.

A new window opens, looks like it's about to do something, then just stops.

Nothing.

What do I do now, and how can I get my downloads to show up in that little window that pops up in Safari?
 Huh

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Noto
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 09:33:28 pm »

I haven't had Speed Download? in quite some time, but I vaguely remember the uninstaller being a piece of crap.  You'll have to manually delete stuff I'm sure.  Go to your search field in anny finder window (10.3 only) or use sherlock to find Speed Download? files, which are usually name "sd", then drag those puppies to the trash.  It's a pain in the ass, but it's the only thing to do if an uninstaller does not work properly.

.::|N| Noto
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 09:47:30 pm »

Oh god... this co-insides with me installing it about 50mins ago!! Heh good place to look would be in your

Application support folder and
your libary/preferences  folder

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 12:08:45 am »

I already trashed anything with speeddownload (or some variation) in the title, but it won't let me delete some things, because they're "in use":

The operation cannot be completed because the item "Speed Download X CMM" is in use.
The operation cannot be completed because the item "SpeedDownload Browswer Plugin" is in use.

HuhHuh???Addition?HuhHuh?

I had a flash of brilliance while writing this, and decided to quit safari, then try emptying the trash.

I managed to get rid of the Plugin, but X CMM is still there.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 12:11:38 am by -MP5-SNiPE-a2- » Logged

Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 12:16:59 am »

hmm... god i wish i hadn't installed it now!!!

Ok. Try  Create another user and then try to delete the files in yoru account... Good luck!!

Noto
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 12:35:22 am »

If it says that something is in use, you should try turning whatever it is, off. Wink  I know I know, easier said than done.  Try opening your Activiy Monitor in your Utilities folder located in Applications.  You might see a process that is running for Speed Download that you don't want.  Simply quit that process and then try emptying your trash again.

Just a thought...

.::|N| Noto
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 04:44:51 am »

Nope, nothing in the Activity Moniter...

Hum.

|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 04:47:30 am »

I already trashed anything with speeddownload (or some variation) in the title, but it won't let me delete some things, because they're "in use":

The operation cannot be completed because the item "Speed Download X CMM" is in use.
The operation cannot be completed because the item "SpeedDownload Browswer Plugin" is in use.

HuhHuh???Addition?HuhHuh?

I had a flash of brilliance while writing this, and decided to quit safari, then try emptying the trash.

I managed to get rid of the Plugin, but X CMM is still there.

After I download something and then wanna delete it, I always use the finder window and delete things manually, this way I am sure every file (or @ least I think so) is gone form the HD.

What I would do as far as the "in use" error, and this at times happens to me, is simply delete the file and then get that error message you said and then re-boot the mac.  This would happen to me even in OS 9.2 and it has happend a few times in Panther.  I think its b/c the comp believes that its still not deleted, and the reboot make it just re-set somehow, although this is just a hunch.  

Try it and see....

The King of Pistoleros
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 02:50:11 am »

-Snipe-

Ive just tried recreating your problem.. got exactly the same thing! there was however a very simple way round. run the uninstaller, stick everything in the trash, then go to finder/secure empty trash - wipes it without even the sniff of a complaint Smiley

gl

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads