*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:21:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132955 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Worst President Ever...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst President Ever...  (Read 3899 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: May 02, 2004, 07:40:44 pm »

Hi guys, I received an e-mail from my sister in Alaska yesterday and wanted to share it on here (she is with her husband who is stationed with the Air Force in Anchorage):

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January..... in the fair city of Detroit (Michigan) there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's one American city folks, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq!

Worst president in history?

The following appeared in the Durham, NC local paper as a letter to the editor:

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They complain about his prosecution of it. One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in U.S. history. Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11.

Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. I think history might show Eisenhower committed the troops and Kennedy was honoring that commitment.

Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.

Worst president in history? Come on!

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
SignTist

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 08:00:54 pm »

I just wanna invade another country... and make the whole world one big U.S. FUCKIN A.  Yep... i think that's the best idea yet.

no matter how much I like Clinton, that was definitely one of the biggest blunders of US history... by not taking OBL when he had the chance, and as a result we have these whacked out policies that were instated during his term.  But i still do believe that Bush, no matter what screw-ups he may have made or whatever in Iraq, is the better candidate for the next 4 years than Kerry... i have a feeling that Kerry would be very similar to clinton, where we all have a false sense of security... that's just not right... i don't want to live through another 9-11 of any sort, big or small... but i definitely don't want to be lookin for some rag-head in some fucked up mountains in the middle of no where in a deprived country while our brothers and sisters in arms die daily for the next 10-20 years.

So i guess I'm trying to say that we should not have backed out of Falluja (whatever) and give those extremists something to gloat about thinking they somehow thwarted us. Jesus... when are they going to learn that we can crush practically the entire world and some boners supporting an old/dead/ILLEGAL gov't in Iraq pose absolutely no real threat to our forces if all we wanted was to just get in there and slaughter them... bah... fuck em all.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 08:04:06 pm »

A couple of points....

You havn't 'taken' iraq... Bush might have done his 'Press shoot" when he annouced the end of the war... would you tell me the war is over right now? Driving through some desert with your tanks is not 'taking iraq'.

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

Germany did infact take on a policy of randomly attacking any ship in the North sea after a massive battle with the British Fleet... And US ships were attacked. It was one of the factors that helped drag america into the war.

crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida,
Huh

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January..... in the fair city of Detroit (Michigan) there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's one American city folks, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq

Sorry to hear you guys kill each other so much over there... perhaps  more tiime and effort sorting out home turf would be better spent.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.

For the last bloody time... IRAQ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH AL-QAIDA.
Saddam hussaiin was not a terrorist. He is a disgusting murderer but not a terrorist.
U call it liberation... a lot of Iraqi's i feel might disagree.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 08:23:52 pm »

President Bush has liberated two countries

Here's some pictures of our liberation of Iraq.

What do Korea, Vietnam and WW2 have in common? We were protecting other countries who were attacked ( that, and in the case of WW2, defending ourselves ).

North Korea had attacked South Korea. North Vietnam attacked South Vietnam. Germany attacked, well, just about everyone.

Iraq was attacking. . .?

Afganistan was attacking. . .?

We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year.

Looks more like 740 to me. . . Also, where do you get "2 years"? We invaded Iraq in early 2003, it's now mid 2004. That's just an exaggerated number to make the casualty count seem insignifficant.  

Worst president in history? Come on!

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...

It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51 day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick.

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!

Yeah? Then why did 9 Americans die in Iraq yesterday? The war isn't over until the shooting stops.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 09:09:12 pm »

The above posts are Democratic as u can tell. They both think Bush is a stupid, ignorant asshole who has ruined the world. They dont know what they are talking about just as we Republicans dont know what we are talking about. No one knows the fuckin truth so why does everyone bitch? Frankly i think Kerry is a stupid, ignorant, ugly, queer, old guy who will fuck up the presidency. We are all born and raised on Repub or Demo and either way its going to be ugly. For example, if Kerry were to win the election, Repubs would be here bitching and complaing about how hes fucked things up and then Demos would reply (like typhy) and support him. Either way none of this does anything except waste time that we could be putting into life. I think everyone in the US should love and support their nation and its leaders and people who think its bad should be thrown into the pits with our enemies. Mess with the best, die like the rest. You Demos wanna bitch? Go to fuckin Iraq and suck a carpet bomb.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 09:11:20 pm »

The war isn't over until the shooting stops.

That's the sad truth. An even sadder truth is that the war will never be over, because the shooting will never stop.

They've been at war for over a millenium.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Noto
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 09:27:44 pm »

Saddam hussaiin was not a terrorist. He is a disgusting murderer but not a terrorist.

Iraq was attacking. . .?

I'm not trying to say GS was right, but let us not forget that Saddam Hussein's cute little Bathe Party was in the business of compensating the families of suicide bombers who attacked Israel (along with parts of the royal family in Saudi Arabia).  I'm not trying to say that Israel is right in what they are doing either and that they didn't deserve to be attacked, but to tell some poor kid that he/she's family will get $25,000 USD if they "carry this backpack" over by that school bus stop, or perhaps that busy cafe, that's just sick.  He might not have been a terrorist himself, but how long should the U.S., or the world for that matter, have simply stood by allowing that cauldron to boil over?

The United States of America isn't exactly the #1 country in the world, but I don't think that's an award they hand out at the end of year.  As much as some people hate America, or Americans, at least the U.S. has the balls (some might call it arrogance) to just tell the U.N. to keep having their little meetings while the U.S. Armed Forces move in and try to get results.  The world isn't a perfect place, so why do some of you to expect the U.S. to act all nice and friendly all the time?  <points to Europe>Geez... at least the U.S. didn't sit by while "ethnic cleansing" was "allowed" to take place in the Balkans.</points to Europe>

Simply put, just because the rest of the world is afraid to actually commit to something doesn't mean the U.S. has to play by those crap rules.

.::|N| Noto

P.S.  As for those U.S. soldiers who did those things at the prison in Iraq, they are immoral fools who let their "redneck" side get the better part of them.  They'll definitely get their day in court, and it's not because the world knows about it either.  The U.S. armed forces run a pretty tight ship, and crap like POW abuse is never condoned, let alone "okay at times".
PLOPje

kill yourself before someone kills you

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2004, 10:34:57 pm »

hmm rebel you see things very black and white poor america if there are only 2 sides.

Yeah and europe shouldnt be sitting and waiting but they should kick americas ass for being such a friendly country to the other little countries they dont like.

Ho and bush attacked iraq and afganhistan and i cant remember that those countries attacked america.
There have been many bad leaders he may not be the worst but hes sure one of them.

And I dont believe that those soldiers will be brought to court or they will go home and get a medal after the war or they will get killed in iraq, but going to court for playing a bit with prisonners nah nobody notices that.

We are the next generation, we are not scared to die.
The only thing I fear is the afterlive.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2004, 10:54:08 pm »

I kinda lost track at some point, but was the point you were trying to make: "Bush isnt so bad cause there has been even worse"?

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2004, 11:08:35 pm »

He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

Actually, a man named Mansoor Ijaz, a Pakistani-American, acted as a middleman between the U.S. and Sudan, in an attempt to broker a deal for Bin Laden. Former National Security Advisor, Sandy Berger only had to meet with Ijaz one time to determine that he was an unreliable freelancer, pursuing his own financial interest, as he had a huge stake in Sudanese oil.

Ijaz urged Berger to end sanctions on Sudan, and claimed Sudan was ready to hand over Bin Laden. The U.S. does not conduct diplomacy through self-appointed private individuals. When the U.S. talked to Sudan, there was no such offer. The U.S. pursued every lead and tried to negotiate, and nothing came of it.?

Ironically, Ijaz now has a job as foreign affairs analyst for the Fox News Channel.

The above posts are Democratic as u can tell. They both think Bush is a stupid, ignorant asshole who has ruined the world. They dont know what they are talking about just as we Republicans dont know what we are talking about. No one knows the fuckin truth so why does everyone bitch? Frankly i think Kerry is a stupid, ignorant, ugly, queer, old guy who will fuck up the presidency. We are all born and raised on Repub or Demo and either way its going to be ugly. For example, if Kerry were to win the election, Repubs would be here bitching and complaing about how hes fucked things up and then Demos would reply (like typhy) and support him. Either way none of this does anything except waste time that we could be putting into life. I think everyone in the US should love and support their nation and its leaders and people who think its bad should be thrown into the pits with our enemies. Mess with the best, die like the rest. You Demos wanna bitch? Go to fuckin Iraq and suck a carpet bomb.

Wow, you're one ignorant bastard, pull your head out of your ass and get educated.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 12:04:12 am »

America wouldn't be America if we just blindly followed our leaders and let them do whatever the hell they wanted. I used to be one of those "Like It Or Leave It" people, but I've seen the error of my ways. Think for yourself, guys. Don't jump on the bandwagon and support the Iraq war, and don't jump on the OTHER bandwagon and be against it, either. Do some research and develop your own opinion. Don't let others dictate your opinions for you.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 12:09:07 am »

The above posts are Democratic as u can tell. They both think Bush is a stupid, ignorant asshole who has ruined the world.

Brilliant. I found a bit i can agree with.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2004, 02:59:13 am »

Rebel I really like your post. It has the mindset that states, "If you dont like what America stands for you should leave!" I am in full agreement with you. So why dont you leave? You obviously have no respect for the founding ideals of the United States. So start packing your bags, because I can hook you up with a nice apartment. You see, I have this Chinese friend that has just immigrated from Beijing and he needs his old apartment filled. I will contact him and tell him I know of an American who wants to be patsie. If you do not like political debate and other points of view you will love living in the middle of Beijing. If something wrong happens we should be quiet. You seem to be willing to give up alot of your rights that your grandfathers have fought for. "Communist" China seems like the perfect place for a narrow minded traglodyte such as yourself.

You also speak about democrats sucking on a carpet bomb. Well why arent you in Iraq? I want you to put your money where your mouth is and join the Army and get deployed to Iraq to see the truth you claim no one knows.

On a note on Germany, didnt Hitler actually declare war on the US the day after Pearl Harbor?

PS Hope you like your view of Tiananmen Square.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 05:01:52 am by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2004, 05:36:12 am »

\
On a note on Germany, didnt Hitler actually declare war on the US the day after Pearl Harbor?

Yup, Nazi Germany was in alliance with Japan and Hitler thought it would be a good idea if they could get America to fight on a two front battle at that time instead of devoting all of her resources to the European theatre at a later date.

What do Korea, Vietnam and WW2 have in common? We were protecting other countries who were attacked ( that, and in the case of WW2, defending ourselves ).

North Korea had attacked South Korea. North Vietnam attacked South Vietnam. Germany attacked, well, just about everyone.

Iraq was attacking. . .?

Afganistan was attacking. . .?

The first two we really didn't care so much for the countries as we did the spread of the Communist influence over relatively new countries finally breaking free from European and Japanese imperialism. Had the invading countries been non-communist, we wouldn't have blinked an eye at the situation. I tend to think of Korea and Vietnam as civil conflicts with a Communist twinge to it.

Iraq attacked nobody, but with what Bush apparently knew at the time, he thought they would either attack us or spread some WMD to a terrorist organization a la al-Qaeda for them to attack us.

Afghanistan harbored those who attacked us on 9/11 and the ruling Taliban refused to turn them over. Harboring those who attack you is pretty much the same as attacking you themselves and everyone ended up getting punished for that.

Now back to the original question, who was the worst President ever. If you say Bush, you are spouting out nothing but partisan bullshit (same goes to those who love Bush and think he is one of the best). Let's get real folks, there are things that he has well in and things that he has fucked up in.

Worst few Presidents (in no particular order):

Hoover: Great Depression, failure to crack down on big business, etc.

Carter: Great man, but horrible President. Did almost nothng good during his term.

Grant: Corrupt man who had almost no influence within his own administration.

Bush, George HW: Stormed into office riding Reagan's continuing popularity along with the impending meltdown of the Soviet Union..also, 3 words "Read my lips"

I have a few others in my mind, I just dont have enough time to post them...perhaps later.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2004, 03:47:36 am »

Since I am enrolled in a class called "the presidency" right now, I am versed on this issue
Here are what I consider the worst presidents:

1. James Buchanan - Think you could sit on your hands any longer James?
2. Warren G. Harding -Talk about corruption, this man was king of it. Almost his entire cabinet was indicted. And he was an idiot to boot.
3. Calvin Coolidge - "The business of America is business." - no shit, Cal
4. Jimmy Carter - He was an awesome guy. The only reason his presidency was bad was because he refused to play by the same corrupt rules as everyone else. Unfortunately, if you do that in our day and age, you can't get anything done, and he didn't.
5. Andrew Johnson - Way to fuck up reconstruction, buddy.

even me, one of the biggest Dubya haters ever, wouldnt put him on the "worst ever" list.

also, that email has a lot of information but it doesnt really ever use that information to make any sort of coherent point, besides the vague undertone that "liberals are bad".
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 03:49:40 am by tasty » Logged

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2004, 03:59:24 am »

I can't really understand why Jimmy Carter keeps getting a bad rap as a President. In my eyes, he's one of the best we've had, certainly THE best we've had in the last 50 years.

1. Three Mile Island. He went in and reorganized the emergency effort to stop the meltdown. He excercised leadership and personal courage at the individual level when he PERSONALLY went to the accident site to oversee the effort. I believe he was instrumental in stopping Three Mile Island from a total meltdown. He put his life on the line to save his fellow citizens and stop what would have been the most serious disaster in US history, what other president can claim that?

2. Carter was the ONLY President to come close to achieving peace in the middle east. He negotiated peace treaties between nations that had previously been at war for DECADES. For that, he won the Nobel Peace Prize. Only two other Presidents have won the Nobel Peace Prize.

At every point during his administration he excercised EXACTLY the kind of leadership that embodies the highest ideals of the Presidency.

There were only two reasons he didn't get relected: there was a hostage situation in Iran and the rescue effort failed. That's it. Otherwise, Reagan would never have been elected and the world would be a very different place today.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Ssickboy

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2004, 04:59:42 am »

And the report is that Kissinger and Reagan struck a deal with Iran to hold those hostages until after the election.  Same sick scheming bs goes on today.  

If you don't mind GS, I'll go ahead and pre-emptively post your reply...  "that's right.  you snooze you lose."

Retire Bush
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2004, 05:11:40 am »

I can't really understand why Jimmy Carter keeps getting a bad rap as a President. In my eyes, he's one of the best we've had, certainly THE best we've had in the last 50 years.

THE best in the last 50 years???  You are telling me Carter was a better President than Eisenhower?  I think not (besides the fact that I rank Kennedy, Reagan, and the current Bush higher than Carter also).

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2004, 05:31:41 am »

What did Eisenhower do that was so special (discount the stuff he did in WWII, I want to know about his presidency not his military career).

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2004, 05:33:37 am »

I didn't intend to include Eisenhower. Kennedy would be my number two. But I think he's better than all the rest, paricularly Reagan and Bush Jr.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads